• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Gradual Unfurling of New Wallaby Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think I have worked it out.

“So I’ll be dealing with the totality of the strength and conditioning, the medical, the rugby side of things, strategy, the review, preview of the game itself and also the individuals."

He will be doing the paperwork but not any hands-on coaching as that is the one thing he hasn't managed to mention in his wide-ranging brief.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The creeping (as in what a bunch of creeps) announcements of the new Wallaby coaches are hysterical only in the sense of mental hysteria. I was more thinking of enshrining Bruce's two unforgettable posts.

Creeping? All I can think of is this:

Is this what the Wallaby coaches are doing at training? Might explain a bit.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
There's been a bit of talk about some of Bruce's best work being in this thread. I agree, it is brilliant. However, thanks to Mcgahan, this thread may be the Bruce-ism eulogy. The ongoing stupidly of Mcgahans words and the influence of such stupidity on the easily led (Deans, JON) has stolen the impact of the Bruce-ism from us.

Thank you Mcgahan for stealing from us something beautiful and wonderful.

Although, what a year of comedy gold we have coming with JON's egocentric commands, Deans' managerial newspeak and Mcgahan's logically impossible declarations. We should just quote them with no interpretations attached. Wouldn't that be a bazaar thread for anthropologist to unearth in 1000 years.

Ps my wife just read a piece of Campbell Newman gold to me. He has warned Queenslanders to prepare for change. He says it will "be a long, quick, fast ride". Mcgahans influence is limitless.

Reactions: BPC

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I've heard a rumour that Bruce is compiling a short leaflet to aid the ARU's new, fan-friendly communication strategies. I think it may be titled: "Explaining Robbie Deans' speeches to the everyday rugby fan: A glossary of terms and phrases."

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I've heard a rumour that Bruce is compiling a short leaflet to aid the ARU's new, fan-friendly communication strategies. I think it may be titled: "Explaining Robbie Deans' speeches to the everyday rugby fan: A glossary of terms and phrases."

By short leaflet, do you mean something as weighty as the Yellow Pages?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I honestly don't think Bruce will know the length until he's finished going through each and everyone of Robbie's large body of speeches, and it's the 'after a loss' ones that apparently are the big time consumers and generate the most demands upon Bruce's translation skills.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
There's been a bit of talk about some of Bruce's best work being in this thread. I agree, it is brilliant. However, thanks to Mcgahan, this thread may be the Bruce-ism eulogy. The ongoing stupidly of Mcgahans words and the influence of such stupidity on the easily led (Deans, JON) has stolen the impact of the Bruce-ism from us.

Thank you Mcgahan for stealing from us something beautiful and wonderful.

Although, what a year of comedy gold we have coming with JON's egocentric commands, Deans' managerial newspeak and Mcgahan's logically impossible declarations. We should just quote them with no interpretations attached. Wouldn't that be a bazaar thread for anthropologist to unearth in 1000 years.

Ps my wife just read a piece of Campbell Newman gold to me. He has warned Queenslanders to prepare for change. He says it will "be a long, quick, fast ride". Mcgahans influence is limitless.

Forget 1000 years, it's interesting to me now.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
“So I’ll be dealing with the totality of the strength and conditioning, the medical, the rugby side of things, strategy, the review, preview of the game itself and also the individuals."

OK so I understand most of that, but how the fuck is he going to deal with the 'medical' side of things?

I have this image of Cliffy Palu on the operating table about to undergo yet another shoulder reco, the gas comes on and his last sight before going under is Tony McGahan entering the studio in scrubs, scalpel in hand...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This has been the best piss-taking thread on G&GR ever or if there is a better one its probably good that I haven't seen it! Laughed so much I cracked three ribs.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I have been wracking my brain over what important tasks McGahan is not going to be responsible for in the Wallabies set up. This is of importance given the ARU's economy drive, so that it can budget for the ' few-non-McGahan-tasks-and-jobs-that-still-must-be-done-around-StLeonards'.

It seems to me that fortunately, the list is not too big. Here's what comes to mind, following McGahan's eloquent description of just about everything that he will personally undertake:

- registering and deregistering (important this!) players' Twitter accounts

- ensuring Wallaby table plans at key functions are planned correctly to avoid 'incidents' (important not to have Nuci and Robbie on the same table, post RWC)

- connecting up Bram van S's Skype link for kicking tuition (only possible on very sunny days)

- ensuring Robble's post-game speech notes are typed up in large font and no f-words

- liaising with the HR team re the sensitive manner by which Matt Giteau's emails to JO'N must always be dealt with

- busing in the right type of supportive fan on fan days, the ones pre-filtered to confirm they understand the meaning of 'developing depth' and 'deposits in belief', and such like (unlike the more disloyal so-called fans noted on GAGR since October 24)

- carefully managed liaison with Rocky's and Vicks' surgeons who always require payment in advance after the last ARU balance sheet was published

Can anyone think of anything I've missed? This thread aims for completeness, prior to McGahan's arrival in Australia.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
OK so I understand most of that, but how the fuck is he going to deal with the 'medical' side of things?

I have this image of Cliffy Palu on the operating table about to undergo yet another shoulder reco, the gas comes on and his last sight before going under is Tony McGahan entering the studio in scrubs, scalpel in hand...

See you need to read my analysis more carefully. I clearly said nothing hands-on. He won't be wielding the scapel, just hanging over the surgeon's shoulder telling him what he is doing wrong and how he could do it much better.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can anyone think of anything I've missed? This thread aims for completeness, prior to McGahan's arrival in Australia.

Ensuring adequate tanning oil before the QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) swimwear pageant, to be televised on twitter.

I could go further but I just ate.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
From http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...-for-next-season/story-e6frf4qu-1226310114881

"Meanwhile, ARU chief executive John O'Neill has called for a new approach to managing referees following New Zealander Paddy O'Brien stepping down as the IRB referees manager. O'Neill said the IRB should break from tradition and consider appointing a non-referee as the new referees manager. "It's time to review the management function of referees," he said. "It would be well worthwhile going outside the norm and looking at whether former coaches, players and administrators might be well equipped to bring a new perspective to this unbelievably important area of the game."

This is yet another role the multi-facted McGahan can take on in addition to his duties as Robbie Deans' alter ego!

Status
Not open for further replies.