• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hane vs Springbokke

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
French team for friday

1. Fabien Barcella (Biarritz)
2. William Servat (Stade Toulousain)
3. Nicolas Mas (Perpignan)
4. Lionel Nallet (Racing Metro 92)
5. Romain Millo-Chluski (Stade Toulousain)
6. Thierry Dusautoir (Stade Toulousain, captain)
7. Imanol Harinordoquy (Biarritz)
8. Louis Picamoles (Stade Toulousain)
9. Julien Dupuy (Stade Français)
10. François Trinh-Duc (Montpellier)
11. Cedric Heymans (Stade Toulousain)
12. Maxime Mermoz (Perpignan)
13. Yann David (Stade Toulousain)
14. Vincent Clerc (Stade Toulousain)
15. Damien Traille (Biarritz)

16. Dimitri Szarzewki (Stade Français)
17. Sylvain Marconnet (Stade Français)
18. Sebastien Chabal (Racing Metro 92)
19. Julien Bonnaire (Clermont)
20. Morgan Parra (Clermont)
21. David Marty (Perpignan)
22. Maxime Medard (Stade Toulousain)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I am worried like hell on this test. Maybe I dont know the Haan players that well or most of them and our scrumming problems the biggest fear. The Hane you'll never know what you'll get but I am sure they feel like they will be passionate like hell for this test.

The Bok team should look something like this

Kirschner (still dont think he is the form 15 in SA rugby at the moment), Habana (OK), Jac Fourie (havent played rugby for ages), AD Jacobs (after Meisiekind's performance maybe the best pick for the test), JP Pietersen (show good signs in his few Sharks matches), M Steyn (in the form of his life), FdP (ditto), Kankowski (will be huge for him and hopefully he'll jol his normal game with the two flankers), Schalk (he should be hungry and fresh for action), Brussouw (form of his life), Bakkies (havent impress in the final but sure like these type of tests), Matfield (great form), Smit (he'll have to up his ante), Bismarck(ditto) & Beast (ditto).

Reserves: CJ, Strauss, Bekker, Danie, Pienaar, Meisiekind & ?

C

chief

This game will be replayed on Channel One (Channel10's Sports Channel). Maybe its not a replay could be live. Starts at 5:30am on Saturday morning. I'll be watching.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PaarlBok said:
Reserves: CJ, Strauss, Bekker, Danie, Pienaar, Meisiekind & ?
Should be Wiaan du Preez, they mention they'll put a t5 on the bench. Pakslae can cover loosies, Pienaar 9,10,15 , Mossie wing if Meisiekind slots in midfield.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PBs Bokke posts need to come with a Babel-fish link - helps with all the players nicknames too - Meisiekind, Pakslae, Mossie etc...
But I enjoy them nonetheless, PB!! :thumb

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
chief said:
This game will be replayed on Channel One (Channel10's Sports Channel). Maybe its not a replay could be live. Starts at 5:30am on Saturday morning. I'll be watching.

9pm game in France so I think that's live?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
cyclopath said:
PBs Bokke posts need to come with a Babel-fish link - helps with all the players nicknames too - Meisiekind, Pakslae, Mossie etc...

Lol

I doubt Babelfish will help you much :)

Meisiekind - girlie - Olivier with his girlie white locks
Pakslae - beating - Danie Rossouw - because he will give you one
Mossie - Little brown bird in SA - Jacques Fourie - must be from childhood?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
French team for friday

First thing that strikes me about this team is size. Big people all around.

That 13 is quite a unit. Big pack.

Hard work ahead.

B

BillyWebb

I was a big fan of Kirchner this year, but he was very disappointing in the 3rd Lions test.
To be honest, I'd prefer to see Ruan at 15 - despite playing like a complete pillock against Leicester.

Midfield also worries me.... Adi at 12 could be a turnstile...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
There are a lot of worries.

Luckily the Hane havent played a test before this one , so our combos should start quicker. But the scrums is the one that worries me. This will be the most important one to get us going. Win it and we'll shape up for the Iere, lose it and it will be difficult to get up against the Iere.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
Pretty sure you should love the Boer version for nr20, Parra. :lmao:

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the French have really turned a corner under this new coach they will be very dangerous going wide & the forwards will definitely front up.

Bokke best team in the world but very tough match to pick a winner but the Boks with Du Preez & Matfield just know how to win I think the Boks will get home by no more than 7.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Blue said:
PaarlBok said:
French team for friday

First thing that strikes me about this team is size. Big people all around.

That 13 is quite a unit. Big pack.

Hard work ahead.

Hairydonkey is just a pleasure to watch playing 8. He's their go-to man in the lineout as well.

Thing is, look at the bench. Bonnaire. That's a real statement of intent, because he's one hard-as-nails grafting bastard. They're up for this one.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am shit scared for this game. You can't take France for granted. Anyone know why Medard is on the bench? Coming off injury, or in poor form? He is quite the player, one of the form full backs in 08/09 European season.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
rustycruiser said:
I am shit scared for this game. You can't take France for granted. Anyone know why Medard is on the bench? Coming off injury, or in poor form? He is quite the player, one of the form full backs in 08/09 European season.

At a guess; fighting fire with fire. Traille, Heymans, Clerc; those are some woejously big, fast lumps steaming up from deep in their back three, and David isn't small either. Then, when they've softened the big Boks up, on comes Medard and his cavalry whiskers to start charging around the place.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The only thing that could get the Boks over the line is that this team has not won in France. That will be the thing the Boks use as a big motivator and the senior players will push it as another milestone they want to achieve.

My worry is that by now these boys are tired. It hasn't stopped for what seems like forever.

Scrums are going to be tough but I think we'll tear them one at the breakdown which could be where we get the upper hand.

Warning for the faint hearted and try-obsessed: Steyn is going to kick the leather off the thing.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Scrums are going to be tough but I think we'll tear them one at the breakdown which could be where we get the upper hand.
They show some footage of their practise last night with Pietie (thats what his family calls him) de Villiers the x Haan TH working with them and it sure look impressive. Sure he'll give the Bokke everything they need to know about the Hane.

Agree on Steyns kicking, thats what we need to do , a conservative gameplan and pressurize them into mistakes. Strangle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.