• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Force - Round 4 - Sunday, 19 March

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Lol na mate, it's live rugby, so all good, I got a 2 hour drive to get there too!
Depends who you're cheering on. If it's not The Force, it could be a lot of fun? :)

(Though, I do actually think this The Force team will improve over this season, I'll always be cheering on the Aussie team)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Kiwi commentators. Kiwi home match. Kiwi broadcaster. Kiwi referee. It's like you expected impartiality and professionalism or something. Come on, be serious. :)
Lol like you would expect unbiased commentators anywhere, or posts on here (or any rugby forum) :D :D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Depends who you're cheering on. If it's not The Force, it could be a lot of fun? :)

(Though, I do actually think this The Force team will improve over this season)
Well mate they will be playing my Canes, so guess who I will be cheering for. Mind you I quite happy if opposition goes well anyway, I just love rugby and being at game is best!

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Well mate they will be playing my Canes, so guess who I will be cheering for. Mind you I quite happy if opposition goes well anyway, I just love rugby and being at game is best!
True. That's why I was happy that the English brought some game against the Irish.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think the Force will build into the season. Year 1 of the Cron era and he is evaluating talent and building his squad. Amone has looked physical in the short times he's played. Got a try today and once he gets more discipline and Super Rugby minutes under his belt could be a handy player. Maybe some more tweaks required especially in the mid field. As a Force fan all we can do is be patient. We have been veerrryyyyyy patient .

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Surely Fines starts next week? I thought the other guy did ok but Fines looks to actually be an above average player unlike most others in the side.

Thought the Stewart - Kuenzle partnership looked ok. Things really fell apart once Stewart moved to 10 though.

Last edited:

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
On a positive note you know Gareth Simpson was fantastic at 9 and IFL looked good too so that’s a win

Anstee is awesome and gets better each game

Warren a good get

Callan getting better each game

Kibirigie

Amone is great

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Another game in NZ another atrocious refereeing attempt by a Kiwi ref. One day they will wake up and get impartial refs. The force were decent but the big lock that came on needs to somehow start or get more game time. Same as fines.

What's the go with a highlanders player taking out one or our best players with his head but it was not an issue ?

I can't see the force winning a game in NZ. This was the game.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
grief.png

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Another game in NZ another atrocious refereeing attempt by a Kiwi ref. One day they will wake up and get impartial refs. The force were decent but the big lock that came on needs to somehow start or get more game time. Same as fines.

What's the go with a highlanders player taking out one or our best players with his head but it was not an issue ?

I can't see the force winning a game in NZ. This was the game.

Yeah I like Kalapu, he is great. I still think we have better players than last year. Hegarty, Stewart, Williams, Kalapu, Rahboni and Kibirige have all been very good pick ups.

Not getting Rodda and Fainga'a on the field enough has really hurt us. And need a quality #13 (maybe spinks once back)