• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Maybe something like
1. Slipper (pending head knock)
2. FTS
3. Talakai
4. Dules
5. Kev
6. Thomson (!!)
7. Gill
8. Schatz
9. Genia
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. CFS
12. FTA
13. Kerevi
14. Panther
15. Turner

16. Hanson
17. Paraka or other
18. Fa'agase
19. Kotze
20. Browning
21. Beau
22. Frisby
23. Taps or Magnay

T

TOCC

Taps isn't available this week, and even he he were I don't think you would start him ahead of Kerevi

Horwill is unlikely to play this weekend whilst JOC (James O'Connor) should be fit to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
1. Slipper 2. Fainga'a 3. Talakai 4. Mcduling 5. Kotze
6. Thomson 7. Gill 8. Schatz 9. Genia 10. O'Connor
11. F'Sautia 12. Fainga'a 13. Kerevi 14. Kuridrani 15. Turner

16. Hanson 17. Daley 18. Faagase 19. Murday 20. Browning 21. Robinson
22. Frisby 23. Magnay or if someone betters fit like JJ or Tapuai

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Is daley Ok - thought he did his groin which often takes a few weeks.

I think Reg said Horwill will be Ok - just webbing - I heard it was more serious,
Hopefully he's right.

Looking forward to JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 even though Pickle did a very good job last week.

Pickle to be a bolter for RWC

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Things just don't get any better for the Reds with Big Kev likely to be out.

When is Orientation Week in Dunedin? Just as likely to be this week, and the Zoo will be completely feral packed to the rafters with excited and excitable students from Otago University baying for a Red scalp.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I can't see the reds winning this one based on anything I have seen this far (or last year).

Still too many issues across the board.

I eagerly await this week's pregame write up in order to make me believe again and get my hopes up.

Gel I am sure you were a more positive person in the past? Your profile picture indicates happiness and hair products. Is it age, new fatherhood or something else bringing the cynicism these days?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm looking forward to this game. I understand the Highlanders haven't won a game yet, however, they are dangerous in Otago. If the Reds can knock them off, it will place them in good stead for the Tahs at Suncorp.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It might sound bold and some of you will disagree. I reckon keep Frisby at #10 and put JOC (James O'Connor) at #15. I understand you want a chief play maker at 10.

However, I think Frisby performed well in that position against the Force. He is skilful and has the ability to control the game well. JOC (James O'Connor) preferred position is ideally #14. Although, he definitely has the potential to play #15. He has the kicking game and is deadly in open space, plus has decent front-on and cover defence. It's early in the season, I would give him a go. Food for thought.

9. Genia
10. Frisby
11. Turner/CFS
12. Anthony
13. Kerevi
14. Kuridrani
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah Filth, having Ant at 12 will stiffen up the defense taking more pressure off Pickle. Might work out good.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Saw some footage of reds training on ABC News with what appeared to be Ant @ 12 and CFS @ 13. But only speculation... could be anything. Can't see Kerevi getting omitted though.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I would be happy to see Ant at 12. Experience, composure and hard hitting tackling is what we are missing in the backs

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
It might sound bold and some of you will disagree. I reckon keep Frisby at #10 and put JOC (James O'Connor) at #15. I understand you want a chief play maker at 10.

However, I think Frisby performed well in that position against the Force. He is skilful and has the ability to control the game well. JOC (James O'Connor) preferred position is ideally #14. Although, he definitely has the potential to play #15. He has the kicking game and is deadly in open space, plus has decent front-on and cover defence. It's early in the season, I would give him a go. Food for thought.

9. Genia
10. Frisby
11. Turner/CFS
12. Anthony
13. Kerevi
14. Kuridrani
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

I'd prefer to call it visionary. Bold gives the sense of recklessness but visionary implies true genius at work. You sir, and that clever chap that suggested that very same 10/15 combo on the previous page should be commended. Let's hope RG picks up on it, the Reds need vision at the moment.

T

TOCC

Does anyone really know the status of Horwill and Daleys injuries and when they are expected to return?

Horwill is just out for the week so the cut in his hand doesn't get infected.

Slipper was interviewed and there were no suggestions he will miss the game..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'd prefer to call it visionary. Bold gives the sense of recklessness but visionary implies true genius at work. You sir, and that clever chap that suggested that very same 10/15 combo on the previous page should be commended. Let's hope RG picks up on it, the Reds need vision at the moment.

So No4918, a Pickles by any other name;)

K

KAOPointman

Hunt will get a slap on the wrist followed by a big shiny medal. That is of course if they treat him like they did the confessed career drug cheat Andrew Johns!!! ;)

I too loved the defensive aggression Magnay showed. Really stood out. Must be bunked with the fainga twins hey... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.