• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hooper stats looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I wouldn't rush pocock back either but if anyone thinks hooper is close to the 7 jersey your in a dream world. If he was there in South Africa when we got thrashed the score would of looked a lot better. We have missed his breakdown skills immensely. I wonder how many turn overs (by hand) we have had on average since he has been gone. it has to be a lot less. That would be an interesting stat to be honest.

Hooper is a great prospect though. And give him a couple of gets to put some more muscle on.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
He took a line-out in one of the earlier tests in the TRC this year as well. It was mentioned in the line-out symposium that was part of the "Wallabies Fightback" series on the GR&G front page.
Rugbystats.com disagrees.

Sent using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe TPN just butchered the throw so badly it went straight to Genia and was called back for not-straight?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I was wrong. Timani has 1 lineout win against Wales. None in the TRC.

Sent using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rugbystats are complete bullshit, all of them..

Serious question, maybe only Kepu can get Timani high enough?

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
George Smith was only 5'11" and he was a pretty effective lineout operator, wasn't he? Can't you train up hooper and just use him cleverly at the back, or something.

USA Rugger, I'll have to take your word for the seeing over the scrum point.

T

Train Without a Station

Did you ever see him jump? Maybe at 6 on very rare occaisions.

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I missed the rugby club last week, is it true that Phipps said hooper had won wallabies players player vote 3 times out of last 4 games.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I was wrong. Timani has 1 lineout win against Wales. None in the TRC.

No Sully, you were right - no wins for Timani at the lineout.

The Wallabies threw one lineout to Timani v Wales (the one in the photo in 50th min of 3rd test) but it wasn't a win as Tatafu's throw was called for not being straight.

No lineouts thrown to him in the TRC.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

The Wallabies threw one lineout to Timani v Wales (the one in the photo in 50th min of 3rd test) but it wasn't a win as Tatafu's throw was called for not being straight.

That was like a cold case murder mystery!

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
seriously, Pocock to hooker?
Has he ever played in the front row?

I like it, but then if I was a selector I'd let Poey play wherever the hell he wanted (and he'd probably make a decent fist of just about any position too - save maybe prop, lock or halfback)

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Thank you for clearing this up. Turns out I was wrong about the TRC entirely. The point being argued was about using Timani as a jumper at all though, not whether or not he won a throw. Just by putting him up once you force the opposing line out operator to have him covered for the rest of the test. The problem OZ was facing with that Argentina lineup was the fact that a 3 jumper line out is considerably easy to cover.

Can you even imagine what a Pascal Pape/Nallet type lock combo would do to a 3 jumper line out system?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Thank you for clearing this up. Turns out I was wrong about the TRC entirely. The point being argued was about using Timani as a jumper at all though, not whether or not he won a throw. Just by putting him up once you force the opposing line out operator to have him covered for the rest of the test. The problem OZ was facing with that Argentina lineup was the fact that a 3 jumper line out is considerably easy to cover.

Can you even imagine what a Pascal Pape/Nallet type lock combo would do to a 3 jumper line out system?

Perhaps I shouldn't be on here when i'm this high, but how is a 3 jumper system EASIER to cover than 2? o_O

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Perhaps I shouldn't be on here when i'm this high, but how is a 3 jumper system EASIER to cover than 2? o_O

I don't believe he said that at all.

Rather that a 3 jumper system is easier to cover than 4 jumpers, which is what we'd have if Timani was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom