• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hooper vs Gill

Hooper vs Gill

• Hooper

Votes: 57 51.8%
  • Gill

Votes: 53 48.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

I think its a fair comment Cyclo. Talent hasn't exactly flourished in Tahland over the last 5 years, and they have had a bit there, and a few good players go that way from other provinces too. Off the top of my head the only player to improve his game at the Tahs was Mitchell who became a genuine world class winger.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I voted Gill. I'm a Qld so im obviously biased. I'd actually feel more confident having Hooper on the field for the Wallabies if we had to play the All Blacks tomorrow...so I guess that says I think Hooper is the better player today. However I've voted for Gill because I feel like he's the one with the brightest future. He's played less than half the number of Super games as Hooper, yet he has already mastered the breakdown at this level. Hooper may be good with ball in hand, but Gill is already revealing himself to be a more well rounded player than Pocock. With the small number of Super games Gill has played, we're only just starting to see Gill in full flight at this level.

The answer to this question will be revealed over the next several years, not today.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think its a fair comment Cyclo. Talent hasn't exactly flourished in Tahland over the last 5 years, and they have had a bit there, and a few good players go that way from other provinces too. Off the top of my head the only player to improve his game at the Tahs was Mitchell who became a genuine world class winger.
It's the fact everyone keeps trotting it out which has become old. As I said, funny / worked once, etc.

R

Reds24

Gill will be amazing player but right now hooper is the more complete player. his influence he has over the game is huge, he has been the difference for the brumbies in a few games this year allowing them to get some close wins.

Having said that over the last few weeks gill has begun to get to the same level, his work at the defensive breakdown is phenomenal, cant wait to see him carve up for the under 20's, has to an early favourite for player of the tournement

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I find the desire to compare them understandable, considering they are both stand out 7's having their breakout seasons, but in truth they are markedly different players.

I've picked Hooper becasue he appears to have a bit more versatility at the moment.

What about developing Hooper as a 6. He's not big enough to be a 8 and wecould use Cock and Gill at 7.

P

Paradox

Hooper just a bit more dynamic in attack and defense for mine. He dominated in the U20 world cup as well so let's hope Gill does the same.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I don't care which one gets to sit on the bench for the Wallabies. When you have Wallaby fans arguing over who is the second best in their position, you know that we are in a great spot!

This idea of having depth is a new feeling. Must be what it feels like being an All Black fan.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I don't care which one gets to sit on the bench for the Wallabies. When you have Wallaby fans arguing over who is the second best in their position, you know that we are in a great spot!

This idea of having depth is a new feeling. Must be what it feels like being an All Black fan.
Minus being the best in the world at a global sport despite having a tiny population.

T

truckandtrailor

This is so stupid..... at the end of the day, your vote is going to be for the guy that plays for your lil supporting icon you have on the top left corner of your comments. It should just be a poll... and we'll see what happens this weekend.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Can't wait for the fox sports advert.

"It's the moment you've all been waiting for! Good vs Evil, North vs South, New vs Old, Poor vs Rich, Black vs Whtie! Get ready for the ultimate Saturday Night showdown!

You got a TV? You gotta gym.

This Friday night sit your arse down and watch the battle of a farking lifetime, hosted by Greg Martin and Nick Mc... ahh don't worry.

In the red corner, the 9 time undisputed QLD champion, weighing in at 205 pounds.....Liam Gill.

In the blue corner, the king of Canberrrrra, weighing in at 213 pounds... Michael Hooper.

It's the game that will stop the nation, the final battle that will solve all disputes in existence. Anyone who misses this game is so unaustrayen they may as well get back on the boat and fark off back to one of those countries who don't play rugby because thats all they deserve!

So make sure to tune in at 5.30 on Saturday night. Followed by 7 hours post-game of Kafe's chalboard where we anaylse everything from Gill vs Hooper... to Hooper vs Gill. 9 hours of ad-free unmissable action. Alternatively, tune in to fox sports news for our non-stop 24/7 lead-up coverage to this amazing event.

See you saturday"

A

andyq

... the final battle that will solve all disputes in existence.

so much world peace, only days away... I await the end of internet bickering and the fight over who gets the last crispy chip with baited breath and wistfulness

:D

W

What2040

To me, Gill is a real fetcher but fairly acverage runner of ball - Hooper is a real runner and a good fetcher

Status
Not open for further replies.