• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hugh Jarse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Hugh Jarse has done a brilliant job over the past several years maintaining information on all aspects of school boy rugby in this state. unfortunately he has not been seen in this place since Christmas Eve 2016. In the absence of information I hope all is well

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hugh Jarse has done a brilliant job over the past several years maintaining information on all aspects of school boy rugby in this state. unfortunately he has not been seen in this place since Christmas Eve 2016. In the absence of information I hope all is well

Tis likely that HJ had kids, who are no longer at school! Everyone has to move on!

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Tis likely that HJ had kids, who are no longer at school! Everyone has to move on!

That may well be true. However, HJ's contributions (unlike some of us) weren't limited to the myopic prism of his sons' exploits in heaven's game. Ah no, his heavy footprints were cast far and wide across an array of threads & topics.

Lee Grant mentioned elsewhere that HJ was involved with Colts and Lindommer intimated that he's an Easts' fan. Perhaps he has decided to have a well earned break from these parts & concentrate his energies there - good luck to them. Otherwise, I share Wood Rat's sentiments.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cyclo, Gagger some responsible adult in this place, can you tell us the whereabouts of HJ? Has his wife banned him from G&G? or some New years resolution to wean off the addiction. Or do we fear the worse?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Cyclo, Gagger some responsible adult in this place, can you tell us the whereabouts of HJ? Has his wife banned him from G&G? or some New years resolution to wean off the addiction. Or do we fear the worse?

A few of us have been looking for him back-channel before this thread started but with no result.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
No doubt he will be walking the line at some rugby pitch this weekend! Watching, analysing and possibly preparing for a return to G&G, possibly just not in the schools threads!
We all hope that is the case.

HJ has been front and centre in this place across every thread, for something like 10 years if I am not wrong. . So I don't buy "his boy left school and no longer on the School thread".

Very out of character to say the least.

As Cyclo say, pretty sure someone knows his whereabouts but they are not saying for whatever reason.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Just typed "Hugh Jarse" into my favourite search engine and there is a profile by the same name posted an article on that other website.

Not another Steve Allen departure I hope.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm genuinely pleased that this mystery has been solved, I must admit I was beginning to think far worse than him merely hiving off to another website. He'll be missed here, no doubt, but maybe he'll get tired of the other place & come home.

Agree, his efforts in the Aussie Towns Trivia thread were second to none. A good bloke all round.

I think he means Scott, and no, it wasn't.

Thanks Cyclo, I did mean Scott!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Multi-sport platform?, jeez why not here? Expand! Less rugby players in Aus now than f**king Aussie baseball players after all. Multi sport approach makes sense. Jarse perhaps reading writing on the wall.

Although I dont see any forii setup over there, just those squalid antiseptic blog comments boxes. Cold War's over guys, you can spruce the place up a bit, look at the Reds fans all sky high on perestroika over in the Canes capitulation thread.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
1. Apologies for previous cryptic post - editing skills late at night not up to standards during working hours.
2. Both HJ and Train Without a Station (last seen Nov 16) are on the other rugby site (as highlighted by yourmatesam).
http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/03/21/no-easy-answers-super-debacle/

The formatting! WTF is the deal with their ad placement? Talk about cluster fornication.

Yeah, maybe Australian Rugby is dying, but fucked if I'll be going over to the roar. It's like Shiggins's insight and punctuation with DP's paintbrush skillz.

Actually, Gagger could put that behind a paywall. If nothing else, it could fund DP's collection of VHS anthologies of the 1996 Super 12 Season (Spoiler alert: Canterbury came dead last).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I decorated mine with glitter. And with little spangly star and rainbow stickers. The tapes themselves are perpetually slippery to the touch, slippery with the glory of celebratory mansp **NO MORE QUESTIONS**

Status
Not open for further replies.