• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
You reckon? I wouldn't have him anywhere near the Wallabies. I don't even really want him starting for the Rebels at this point.

This guy has a lot of wisdom...Inman is over-rated and he is playing for team in Melbourne. That's saying something...

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Hmm,not sure if it would work,but I'd love to see it.
Inman has a fucking big gob when he comes back to Shute Shield.

He needs to get in to Ma'a's face and not be intimidated. If he does that he may have a chance. Sitting back and do your roles will get you eaten up. Got to front up!

Reactions: daz

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Let me ask you this, which midfielders do you have that are harder then Ma'a, Conrad, Charles, Francis, Charlie, Sonny, Ryan, Robbie, Malakai and Shaun?

Most Aussie midfielders don't scare anyone in the competition, Inman, Beale, Fainga'a, Kerevi, Cararo? Hardly go forward ball carriers or defensive walls, definitely not world class.

Let me in on your world class thoughts that have Australia high up the world rankings at #6.
One of the more needy and self-aggrandising posts I've seen for a while. Although I do like the way your on a first name basis with so many of the boys, it's nice to see that personal touch.

Inman, Kerevi, Rasolea, Godwin, Kuridrani, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), To'omua, Lilo, Horne, and Fainga'a are all - without wanting to get all homoerotic and excite the reactionaries on here - plenty hard.

I guess it all comes down to how you feel like defining hard, or centre, I suppose. If you think Robbie is hard because he hangs out on the wing and makes one run every 15 minutes because that's all his heart can take then fair enough. As for Charlie hasn't he played one game at 13 this season? He's a good ball carrier, and a good fullback/wing but hardly a legendary hardman in the middle of the park.

If you're trying to say New Zealand pretty generally produces better players than Australia then, well, you're right. I'm sure they're eternally grateful for your thoughts that got them there.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
One of the more needy and self-aggrandising posts I've seen for a while. Although I do like the way your on a first name basis with so many of the boys, it's nice to see that personal touch.

Inman, Kerevi, Rasolea, Godwin, Kuridrani, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), To'omua, Lilo, Horne, and Fainga'a are all - without wanting to get all homoerotic and excite the reactionaries on here - plenty hard.

I guess it all comes down to how you feel like defining hard, or centre, I suppose. If you think Robbie is hard because he hangs out on the wing and makes one run every 15 minutes because that's all his heart can take then fair enough. As for Charlie hasn't he played one game at 13 this season? He's a good ball carrier, and a good fullback/wing but hardly a legendary hardman in the middle of the park.

If you're trying to say New Zealand pretty generally produces better players than Australia then, well, you're right. I'm sure they're eternally grateful for your thoughts that got them there.

NZ is a small place, most people are only a degree or two away from these guys. Its not like here where there are several degrees between the bloke in the street and well known sports people.

I could give you an essay and detail how most of these guys are from certain areas in various cities where certain populations live and how they are easily accessible but that wouldn't interest you cause you only see your soft guys on TV. In Wellington, we see these guys around town all the time, it ain't a big thing for us. So yeah, we do know them and yeah we can call them by their first name. Pity that doesn't happen over here cause rugby is an exclusive sport here.

Bit of a low blow on Robbie there but I wouldn't expect anything more from an underarmer. He was of course the World Rugby U19 Player of the Year in 2007 even with is heart condition, an even with one he still is able to Super Level rugby. Robbie at 60% still kicks soft Beale who goes missing so many times on defence or is that Foley again?

I'm sure the Wallabies are eternally grateful for your wisdom as well that has them climbing the world rankings in reverse, all the way way up to mighty #6!

Either way harden up, your midfielders are soft and so are your forwards!

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Did you get banned from The Silver Fern?

Or did you just come here to try and bait a few Aussies?

Dude, I'm quoting fact and giving my opinion on what I see here. You give yours to, you think your midfielders are hard, I don't. I give my case and you do yours. It's a free world. You don't like it, then improve your team or change your broken system, fire some management or import our coaches. Either way, if you can't handle debate then get a better argument or get harder players cause the ones you have now have you in #6 in the world and won't get you out of pool play at the group stage of the RWC this year...

Harden up like your cricket team!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Apart from saying the Wallabies are ranked number 6, you haven't added any facts.

All you've added are your opinions and your criticism of the Aussie teams.

I'm trying to give you the hint that if you keep taking that adversarial tone in every one of your posts you're not going to last here very long.

Rather than saying your guys are awesome and our guys are shit, how about you actually provide some insight and analysis into the rugby?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
NZ is a small place, most people are only a degree or two away from these guys. Its not like here where there are several degrees between the bloke in the street and well known sports people.

I could give you an essay and detail how most of these guys are from certain areas in various cities where certain populations live and how they are easily accessible but that wouldn't interest you cause you only see your soft guys on TV. In Wellington, we see these guys around town all the time, it ain't a big thing for us. So yeah, we do know them and yeah we can call them by their first name. Pity that doesn't happen over here cause rugby is an exclusive sport here.

Bit of a low blow on Robbie there but I wouldn't expect anything more from an underarmer. He was of course the World Rugby U19 Player of the Year in 2007 even with is heart condition, an even with one he still is able to Super Level rugby. Robbie at 60% still kicks soft Beale who goes missing so many times on defence or is that Foley again?

I'm sure the Wallabies are eternally grateful for your wisdom as well that has them climbing the world rankings in reverse, all the way way up to mighty #6!

Either way harden up, your midfielders are soft and so are your forwards!
You're all over the shop. Not quite sure whether you actually believe what you're saying or you're just an unusually boring troll. Either way, please do better.

D

daz

You reckon? I wouldn't have him anywhere near the Wallabies. I don't even really want him starting for the Rebels at this point.

You are so very lucky my banhammer is at the cleaners right now, out of my immediate reach.

:p

D

daz

Canes are due for a loss. I would consider this a banana skin game for them. Will take a solid Rebels performance to pull it off though.

On an individual note, this is a change for Inman to send a message to Wallaby selectors if he can shut Nonu down. He is the benchmark 12.

You are now on my Christmas card list, Ruggo.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
You're gonna have to import more players from Wellington over a long period of time to have any chance of being our banana skin this week.

We gave you Scott, Ged, Tams and Jason to help. You need a little bit more. While Wellington head to a Club game and pick some more. I can let you know the clubs to watch.lol

But it works out cause you take our b-grade cricketers

D

daz

This guy has a lot of wisdom.Inman is over-rated and he is playing for team in Melbourne. That's saying something.

How is he over-rated? He has never really been flagged for higher honours, and regardless of how he compares to other 12's in the game, he works his guts out and has plenty of heart. I'll take a bloke like that in my team over a show-pony vanity fair cover boy, even if we are losing out on pure talent.

D

daz

Okie dokie @vegascane , you have made your point and I respect that.

Don't keep making the same point in every post though, ok?

Moving on, everyone.

D

daz

He needs to get in to Ma'a's face and not be intimidated. If he does that he may have a chance. Sitting back and do your roles will get you eaten up. Got to front up!

You know what? You are absolutely dead right about that. I actually could not agree more.

Take the bull by the horns and if you are going to go down, go down fighting for every inch. Nothing shameful about being beaten by a better player, as long as you make him earn it, that's for sure.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Fact: NZ is a small place. Produces better rugby players than Australia. Rebels are in 10th place on the table, Hurricanes are in 1st place. Australia are #6, NZ are #1. I have quoted plenty of facts.

Opinions are opinions, they can be criticism or positive feedback. You don't have to read them, like them or be bothered by them but if you want to debate then debate.

My opinion that Aus midfielders are soft is my opinion, it wasn't always like that when you had guys like Mortlock, Herbert, Horan, Little but that was well over a decade ago and Mortlock was the last of your hard midfielders, since then the softness has crept in and stayed.

If you look at where the AB's break you guys it starts off in the loose and then midfield. Good luck on the weekend against the best midfield in the world...another fact!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
You are so very lucky my banhammer is at the cleaners right now, out of my immediate reach.

:p
Ha look, half serious, half doing a spot of big game fishing.

He's a known quantity at this point.

He'll break his back for the team, gives his absolute all week-in, week-out. Will do the dirty work inside, has spent years covering up defensive deficiencies elsewhere, takes the punishment that comes with being a slightly undersized crashballer. I've got big respect for him.

However our backline attack isn't improving, and we aren't winning games. Debreczeni doesn't have anything close to a long passing game and neither does Inman so we're left with very limited options about what can be done once the ball gets thrown out to the backs. I think it's worth trialling an Ellison-Sefa/English combo. If it doesn't work then so be it, but I don't think there's a lot to lose at this point.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
How is he over-rated? He has never really been flagged for higher honours, and regardless of how he compares to other 12's in the game, he works his guts out and has plenty of heart. I'll take a bloke like that in my team over a show-pony vanity fair cover boy, even if we are losing out on pure talent.

Good point, can he displace Kurindrani though?

Status
Not open for further replies.