• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
You're all over the shop. Not quite sure whether you actually believe what you're saying or you're just an unusually boring troll. Either way, please do better.

Mckenzie's famous last words to his team at half time of the final Bledisloe test in Brisbane last year...masterful! lol

D

daz

Good point, can he displace Kurindrani though?

Honestly? I think he can, but he has some basic flaws in his game.

Firstly, he stands too close to the ball carrier in attack. That means that he will quite often be the odd man out in a cut-out pass.

When he does get the ball, while he often bends the line, he is not really running at pace to break the line.

Secondly, and this is my biggest criticism, he is far too keen to get involved in the breakdown. Not just a few times, but nearly every single time. So when the ball is swung out, where is Mitch? Still untangling himself from the mass of bodies, when he should be linking with Tamati Ellison in attack.

A 12 needs to score tries. Or at least create them. That is a missing right now.

To answer your question, he absolutely has the talent and the ability to be at the very least a Wallaby 12/13 bench player. He just needs a coach to play him a few tapes of games where his positioning is not great and coach him out of it. Yes, that's you, Todd Louden and Tony McGahan!

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Honestly? I think he can, but he has some basic flaws in his game.

Firstly, he stands too close to the ball carrier in attack. That means that he will quite often be the odd man out in a cut-out pass.

When he does get the ball, while he often bends the line, he is not really running at pace to break the line.

Secondly, and this is my biggest criticism, he is far too keen to get involved in the breakdown. Not just a few times, but nearly every single time. So when the ball is swung out, where is Mitch? Still untangling himself from the mass of bodies, when he should be linking with Tamati Ellison in attack.

A 12 needs to score tries. Or at least create them. That is a missing right now.

To answer your question, he absolutely has the talent and the ability to be at the very least a Wallaby 12/13 bench player. He just needs a coach to play him a few tapes of games where his positioning is not great and coach him out of it. Yes, that's you, Todd Louden and Tony McGahan!

Is he the next Mortlock? Power, speed, vision and skills all together?

D

daz

Is he the next Mortlock? Power, speed, vision and skills all together?

Is anyone in Oz the next Mortlock? They are some pretty big boots to fill.

The closest to a Mortlock style of play in Australia right now, in my opinion is AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), who, like Mortlock, is a ball carrying, line busting, try scoring center. Doesn't have the kicking boot, but I guess we can't have everything!

Kurindrani has some promise in those areas, though.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
This is like talking to a child.

Rebels fan: Hmm I'm fairly circumspect about this match, we're clearly underdogs and I'd be happy with a strong 80 minute performance.

vegascane: NO YOUR TEAM IS SHIT

Rebels fan: umm ok, why?

vegascane: ALL YOUR PLAYERS ARE WIMPS AND MY DAD'S STRONGER THAN YOUR DAD!

For the record I think the Canes are tempting hubris by resting as many of their big names as they have. It's not like they're putting out a B team, probably more like an A- squad.

D

daz

For the record I think the Canes are tempting hubris by resting as many of their big names as they have. It's not like they're putting out a B team, probably more like an A- squad.

I'm sure many of us will be back here in droves with plenty of advice for our Kiwi friend should the Rebels get up!

;)

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm sure many of us will be back here in droves with plenty of advice for our Kiwi friend should the Rebels get up!

;)

If the Rebels get up, I will be first one on here to congratulate you all and let everyone know where we lost it and how you won it. I certainly know how to give it and take it.

Looking forward to the Rebels fronting up and putting on a much better performance this week.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

I could give you an essay and detail how most of these guys are from certain areas in various cities where certain populations live

Wallabies aren't from certain areas in various cities where certain populations live?

Deadset contender for the most poorly constructed sentence ever

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
teams up
timani rested and shipperley hurt and burgess dropped, meehan, neville and samo in
supa sefa to start

1. Toby Smith (Rebel #60, 18 Rebels Caps)
2. Pat Leafa (Rebel #57, 23 Rebels Caps)
3. Laurie Weeks (Rebel #19, 58 Rebels Caps)
4. Luke Jones (Rebel #32, 51 Rebels Caps)
5. Cadeyrn Neville (Rebel #42, 40 Rebels Caps)
6. Sean McMahon (Rebel #62, 18 Rebels Caps)
7. Scott Fuglistaller (Rebel #45, 37 Rebels Caps)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Rebel #46, 34 Rebels Caps, Captain)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Rebel #38, 28 Rebels Caps)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Rebel #71, 9 Rebels Caps)
11. Sefanaia Naivalu (Rebel #77, 5 Rebels Caps)
12. Mitch Inman (Rebel #35, 49 Rebels Caps)
13. Tamati Ellison (Rebel #62, 20 Rebels Caps)
14. Tom English (Rebel #50, 31 Rebels Caps)
15. Mike Harris (Rebel #76, 5 Rebels Caps)
Reserves:
16. Tom Sexton (0 Rebels Caps)*
17. Cruze Ah-Nau (Rebel #59, 16 Rebels Caps)
18. Paul Alo-Emile (Rebel #44, 40 Rebels Caps)
19. Radike Samo (0 Rebels Caps)*
20. Colby Fainga’a (Rebel #65, 20 Rebels Caps)
21. Ben Meehan (Rebel #67, 8 Rebels Caps)
22. Bryce Hegarty (Rebel #54, 24 Rebels Caps)
23. Jonah Placid (Rebel #80, 1 Rebels Cap)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)

Reserves:

Timani "rested", Shippers injured, Jonah to the bench.

Sefa, Neville and Debs start. Samo and Meehan new Reserves.

Rebels 50 up for Mitch, Super Century for Higgers and Weeks becomes most capped rebel. Starting debut for Sefa, potential Rebels debut for Samo and a Soup debut for Sexton.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Wallabies aren't from certain areas in various cities where certain populations live?

Deadset contender for the most poorly constructed sentence ever

Deadset is word? They teach that word at your elitist private schools where you're best rugby players are developed? No wonder you're rugby is so reactive and behind the modern era...

Everybody in NZ knows that places like Otara, Mangere, Papatoetoe, Porirua, Wainuiomata, Newtown, Miramar, Aranui, Linwood are low socio-economic ethnically diverse communities where large number of Maori and Pacific people live and where large number of AB's have been raised and developed since the rugby turned professional. It is communities like these where players like Charlie, Kevin, Jerome, Jeff, Patrick, Ardie, TJ, Aaron, Ma'a, Francis, Charles, Julian, Cory and Israel were raised in and where large numbers of talented rugby players come from. It would be difficult for you to know that as rugby in Australia is based around elitist private schools that breed of entitlement and separatism.

Maybe if your private schools were based in places like Mt Druitt, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Inala, Broadmeadows, Noble Park, Sunshine and St Albans and not in Manly, Huntes Hill, Toorak and Boondall.

Rugby is an inclusive sport, not exclusive. Its meant for everybody, every culture, every colour and every social status. The sooner Australia catches up to that egalitarian philosophy, the sooner it can join the modern world and perhaps be a better part of the rugby world.

Deadset? A paradox of inclusion v exclusion, c'mon mate give everyone a go at Rugby not just the white rich kids...

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
teams up
timani rested and shipperley hurt and burgess dropped, meehan, neville and samo in
supa sefa to start

Reserves:

Is there no one better in the squad than Stirzaker and Debreczeni at 9 and 10?

Not a bad backline outside of them but need some halves who can actually read the play, direct and be threats at the same time. Gotta do better than these two.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Deadset is word? They teach that word at your elitist private schools where you're best rugby players are developed? No wonder you're rugby is so reactive and behind the modern era.

Everybody in NZ knows that places like Otara, Mangere, Papatoetoe, Porirua, Wainuiomata, Newtown, Miramar, Aranui, Linwood are low socio-economic ethnically diverse communities where large number of Maori and Pacific people live and where large number of AB's have been raised and developed since the rugby turned professional. It is communities like these where players like Charlie, Kevin, Jerome, Jeff, Patrick, Ardie, TJ, Aaron, Ma'a, Francis, Charles, Julian, Cory and Israel were raised in and where large numbers of talented rugby players come from. It would be difficult for you to know that as rugby in Australia is based around elitist private schools that breed of entitlement and separatism.

Maybe if your private schools were based in places like Mt Druitt, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Inala, Broadmeadows, Noble Park, Sunshine and St Albans and not in Manly, Huntes Hill, Toorak and Boondall.

Rugby is an inclusive sport, not exclusive. Its meant for everybody, every culture, every colour and every social status. The sooner Australia catches up to that egalitarian philosophy, the sooner it can join the modern world and perhaps be a better part of the rugby world.

Deadset? A paradox of inclusion v exclusion, c'mon mate give everyone a go at Rugby not just the white rich kids.

About as much of a word as chur, chilly bin and jandals are.....and please don't have a go at me using slang when you can't construct a proper sentence

I don't get the point you are trying to make? Besides the fact that you hate private schools, think that the AB's are "sweet as" and that your cuzzie bros with apparently half the NZ super rugby players

Don't need to tell us rugby is meant for every one I went to a prominent private school our 1st Xv had Tongans, Fijians, Samoans, Greeks, kiwis and even a American, pretty culturally diversend all from different socio-economic backgrounds

But I digress and bring it back to my main point, wtf has all your ramblings got to do with the hurricans playing the rebels?

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
No but they teach the difference between your and you're ;)

That's good, cause they can't teach your elitist rich kids in the Wallabies how to win 2 tests in row against the AB's. 2011 was your last win v AB's. 10 wins in a row. Great vote for elitist private school system that produces soft rugby players.

Keep improving the white rich kids and don't worry about encouraging anyone with colour to play here, it gives everyone else in the word an advantage over you and keeps your rugby in the 1900's and your ranking headed for double digits!

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
About as much of a word as chur, chilly bin and jandals are...and please don't have a go at me using slang when you can't construct a proper sentence

I don't get the point you are trying to make? Besides the fact that you hate private schools, think that the AB's are "sweet as" and that your cuzzie bros with apparently half the NZ super rugby players

Don't need to tell us rugby is meant for every one I went to a prominent private school our 1st Xv had Tongans, Fijians, Samoans, Greeks, kiwis and even a American, pretty culturally diversend all from different socio-economic backgrounds

But I digress and bring it back to my main point, wtf has all your ramblings got to do with the hurricans playing the rebels?

I didn't start the grammar lesson and I don't use word like Sweet As or Chur, Bro on this forum although I can if I need to. Deadset. Nice of private schools to be so white centric and with their colonial mentality to help us savages. So noble of you...

Would love to talk about the Canes but someone else interrupted and wanted to talk about English grammar. I have posted plenty of time on this thread on my thoughts on tomorrow's game.

Canes will win and win well. Rebels will find out what a waste of time it is to learning rugby at an expensive private school.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm just curious how it gives teams like Wales, Ireland, South Africa, Scotland, England an advantage over us?

Not sure from their perspective, you'll need to ask one of them, but 4 of the 5 you mentioned are ahead of your boys on the recent rankings released on Monday.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I didn't start the grammar lesson and I don't use word like Sweet As or Chur, Bro on this forum although I can if I need to. Deadset. Nice of private schools to be so white centric and with their colonial mentality to help us savages. So noble of you.

Would love to talk about the Canes but someone else interrupted and wanted to talk about English grammar. I have posted plenty of time on this thread on my thoughts on tomorrow's game.

Canes will win and win well. Rebels will find out what a waste of time it is to learning rugby at an expensive private school.

Don't hate on people for having wealth that you don't have or for choosing a private school to try and get a good education. Wealth and private school entry is not dependent on skin colour either, like I said there was a vast array of cultures at my school which at the time was the second most expensive in the state.

That's enough of feeding the troll for me though....I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.