• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes vs Waratahs Saturday 6th April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I also thought that Kaplan had a good match with the whistle. We certainly can't put any blame in that direction. I particuarly like the fact that he calls the scrum engagement sequence much faster than the other super refs. Noticeably very few resets/collapses despite the wet, slipperly conditions.

Whoever has instructed the others to wait so long between touch and set, needs to rethink this instruction. I'm currently watching Force/Rebels played in dry, firm conditions and we have the drawn out sequence with numerous resets/collapses.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He theoretically tackled a player already on the ground, which is illegal. HOWEVER, that is allowed 99.99% of the time when the player in question is sliding towards the tryline.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
yeah Folau would be a menace at 13. Overall that was a REALLY entertaining game. Lots of exciting play, thoroughly enjoyed that one.

How good is Lucas though! Tahs were a completely different team when he was on, Just couldnt turn it into points
Bloody oath. Get him up in the front line

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs looking better and that attacking instinct is starting to click.

Foley just sensational tonight.

The problem for the Tahs is they seemed to have forgotten to earn the right to go forward before going wide.

Falou has good spatial awareness and is linking with his wingers well.

Hooper just not wise in that last play.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Very good game of rugby, Hurricanes deserved to win but Waratahs by no means disgraced. A little bit of patience at the end might have seen that elusive 4th try come.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He theoretically tackled a player already on the ground, which is illegal. HOWEVER, that is allowed 99.99% of the time when the player in question is sliding towards the tryline.
Hooper was already tackled, and he never tackled him, just slid across in front of him,and prevented him from sliding across line, no way could you call that a penalty try,also Ithink you will find Hooper was already in touch before he got to line.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Great game but hard to watch. I said early in the week the canes play like the tahs but their passes stick, and that played out tonight. Both saveas were awesome, as was Conrad smith.

Tahs need to realign in defense better. Fancy conceding a chip and chase try to a hooker.

I'd love to see mckibben go, but foley showed his kicking is not up to scratch. Maybe we bite the bullet and try it anyway.

Kaplan annoyed me, a few missed calls (including a scrum penalty he just let the canes at on). Though he pulled a few penalties out his arse too.

We should have taken 2 points from that game. I figure season will slip away from us now so focus on development

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So you agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No so I don't agree, what does he do illegally, you claim I should read the laws, perhaps you should explain in what part law was broken, he did not tackle him, he was simply sliding across to prevent him scoring a try, and I just replayed it to check, not sure where you think he did, or perhaps you are indicating that players that get under players to prevent them scoring a try are doing so illegally. In that case there4 are an awful lot of penalty tries missed.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
No so I don't agree, what does he do illegally, you claim I should read the laws, perhaps you should explain in what part law was broken, he did not tackle him, he was simply sliding across to prevent him scoring a try, and I just replayed it to check, not sure where you think he did, or perhaps you are indicating that players that get under players to prevent them scoring a try are doing so illegally. In that case there4 are an awful lot of penalty tries missed.

it's only illegal when it's against your team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway, I was quite hoping Tahs would score a try and get a couple of points, as I thought they deserved to get something out of game, and like I said I don't think they deserve all critism they getting after the loss.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Um 38 missed tackles by the Tahs.

And the stats don't show how effective the Canes kicking was, big difference between an effective kick and a brainless kick into the oppositions arms.

Have a look at the stats again - the Canes missed 38 tackles - whilst the Tahs missed 18 tackles.

I agree with your comments about the effectiveness of the Canes kicking game.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If we learnt anything from the Hickey/Foley era, it would have to be that statistics don't tell the full story. The better team on the night won, true it boiled down to a 15-20 minute period where the Waratahs conceded points, but it's an 80 minute game.

IMO, anyone trying to blame Kaplan for either the result or the margin is really clutching at straws. Not only was it his best game for a long time, but it was one of the better performances in super rugby this year. Some of the refs have turned in shockers.

Even on the last play, Hooper needed to step infield, recycle the ball and keep the pressure on. He went for the all or nothing play and ended up with nothing. Them's the breaks.

Even though we lost, I enjoyed the game and thought that both sides played positive, entertaining rugby. Probbly more to happy about than unhappy about. Despite the loss, there is clearly light at the end of the tunnel for the Waratahs and that light gets bigger and burns brighter each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.