• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Dublin, 16 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Lets hope Hooper doesn't take it upon himself to take quick tap tonight and then to conceded a try 2 min later. Should hold have been at least a 5m Wallabies line out in last weeks game
Cant give the Irish any stupid advantages to gain points..
Well, if only one player out of 15 makes one stupid mistake, we'll win in a canter. Trouble is, lots of them having been making dumb mistakes.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
So what's people's plan for the game tonight. Is anyone else pulling an all-nighter or will we be setting the alarm. I'm minded to do the all nighter. I cant justify getting drunk on scotch if im waking up at 3am. But if im still up, its expected of me :D

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Setting the alarm for this one. Usually don't worry about watching games live on EOYT but this one is almost a civil hour.

P

Paradox

How can Kepu not have been fit? I hope he steps up as he hasn't hit his potential. It also shits me that 3-4 years ago, Alexander and Robinson provided a fantastic platform against all sides including the ABs on the EOYT and dominated many scrums. We've gone backwards since (literally!).

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
It also shits me that 3-4 years ago, Alexander and Robinson provided a fantastic platform against all sides including the ABs on the EOYT and dominated many scrums. We've gone backwards since (literally!).

I think the back 5 are responsible.

-Horwill was scrumagging at the tighthead, he was a powerful player back then, strong and dominated collisions. No where near the same player now. Chisholm another big man was on the loosehead.
-Pocock, Elsom and Palu were great backrow scrummagers.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
How can Kepu not have been fit? I hope he steps up as he hasn't hit his potential. It also shits me that 3-4 years ago, Alexander and Robinson provided a fantastic platform against all sides including the ABs on the EOYT and dominated many scrums. We've gone backwards since (literally!).

Yep, it's something that's got me confused as hell, but I suspect not having Pocock and Chisolm packing behind a prop might affect his ability to dominate a scrum.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I quite like the make-up of our forwards this week. Every bench forward, possibly with the exception of Ryan, should bring some real starch to the pack. Ryan may also surprise a few when given a chance.
Kuiridrani and To'omua are adding some punch to our midfield.
When the likes of Higginbotham, Pocock and Palu return and Ryan, Anae and Sio are coming into their own we may just have a reasonably respectable pack.

Ryan is probably the starchiest player on the bench.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The organisers of these tests have really muddled it up this weekend........

The Ire v Aus game should've been on when the Eng v NZ match was and vice versa, as the current timeslots benefit neither us or our friends across the ditch............

There's no chance in hell I'll be staying up, or waking up to watch this game........

Status
Not open for further replies.