• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sounds a bit too much like "jake ball" and thus will be derided by all those knowledgeable pundits. I agree with you though.
Jakeball works OK, it just can get a bit boring. Nobody could argue it does not work, given the right team.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
If by fright, you mean a frightful touch-up, then I agree. I think we might get spanked.

Have faith, most thought we would get a reaming from the AB's in the last Bledisloe game. But the boys turned up and were the better team for most of that game.

I reckon a Wallaby backlash is on the cards!.

P

Paradox

Rumours going round that Beale will play 15 and Folau rested. Could be a brilliant ploy to force Ireland into doing mid field bombs which they've used quite a bit in the past.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Definitely wouldn't drop Skelton for this one. He's far from perfect, but he still played an important role in allowing us to get over the gainline in the second half of both the Wales game and the French game. If anything this is the game that best suits him because the Irish scrum is comparatively not as strong. I'd probably rest Horwill and play Horwill against England

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Rumours going round that Beale will play 15 and Folau rested. Could be a brilliant ploy to force Ireland into doing mid field bombs which they've used quite a bit in the past.
I could be wrong but my guess is that's just an extreme interpretation of the Cheika interview when he stated the reasons Beale was going over I.e Folau is running metres everyday and there's no second fullback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
If by fright, you mean a frightful touch-up, then I agree. I think we might get spanked.

The only thing working in Australia's favor is Ireland are not use to being favorites against SH opposition.

I would play:
4: Jones
6: McMahon
8: Higgers (if fit)
11 or 14: English

You spoiled the Rising finals taking Jones and English away to not even give them a run so make this match more enjoyable for me and have all the Rebels on the park.

Oh and start Beale at 10 to really hand the Irish the win ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The only thing working in Australia's favor is Ireland are not use to being favorites against SH opposition.

I would play:
4: Jones
6: McMahon
8: Higgers (if fit)
11 or 14: English

You spoiled the Rising finals taking Jones and English away to not even give them a run so make this match more enjoyable for me and have all the Rebels on the park.

Oh and start Beale at 10 to really hand the Irish the win ;)
HE. IS. INJURED. Prob home by now.
Sorry, but mentioned too many farking times.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Better give Kepu, Hooper and Slipper a rest too then.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'd prefer Quade at 15 to Beale. He's used to defending there anyway so.... take a punt.

If Cheika was going to trial something quite different I'd like to test out a backline of:

Genia, Foley, Speight, Kuridrani, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau & Cooper.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
..Hello...Helloooooo...remember me...I can play...I've got game!

1146.png

The guy who's been injured almost as much as Palu, and was pretty meh this year?

Enough of the fucking hype already, he's played one excellent season, and two injury interupted meh seasons.

Let the kid mature a little, play a FULL season or two at the same standard he was in his best season, and THEN pick him.

Too many Wallaby jerseys are handed out cheaply and speculatively, it's got to end.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The guy who's been injured almost as much as Palu, and was pretty meh this year?

Enough of the fucking hype already, he's played one excellent season, and two injury interupted meh seasons.

Let the kid mature a little, play a FULL season or two at the same standard he was in his best season, and THEN pick him.

Too many Wallaby jerseys are handed out cheaply and speculatively, it's got to end.
Are we talking about Godwin or Lilo here?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Definitely wouldn't drop Skelton for this one. He's far from perfect, but he still played an important role in allowing us to get over the gainline in the second half of both the Wales game and the French game. If anything this is the game that best suits him because the Irish scrum is comparatively not as strong. I'd probably rest Horwill and play Horwill against England

Are they that weak though, I think there probably our toughest opponent this tour, six nation champions, just knocked off the Springbok.

Status
Not open for further replies.