• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Front In Out

Bob McCowan (2)
Holla #Sweetchillination!
Sorry for the delay since my last blog but I have been busier than Rolf Harris at a preschool but anyway here are my spicy takeaways from this week's fixture which I attended.

St Pats V Stannies
This game was not shaping up much with the undefeated powerhouse taking on the unvictorious cellar dwellers. However as I made the drive down I was flooded with memories from last years nail biting loss to these city slicker (pardon my bluntness). These feelings were further worsened as St.Pats took the early lead but Stannies turned it on for the rest of the game. My overall summary of the game is that Stannies is all that and then SOME, however I thought Pats were much better than the opposition of the past few weeks, (surprised they haven’t won a game). As it was expected the usual suspects of Bo “tie” Abra, Hunter “Valley” Ward and Yool “Not sure to call him but his first or last name” Yool were running absolute riot over the men from Strathfield. Aside from the big three the two first names club was at it all day with Hamish Scott, Cooper Sullivan and Joel Thomas in full swing playing great footy particularly Joel who ran hard all day. Although I was impressed St. Patrick’s Hooker Seamus “ Lion Heart” Whelan, this kid goes against all the beliefs of what a front rower should look like. In an age where front rowers are expected to weigh 100kg plus and be ugly, this kid is neither weighing no more than 70 kg dripping wet and looking like Justin Bieber. This bloke tries so hard despite being so much younger and smaller than the rest of the front row. The fact he doesn't throw line outs does concern me slightly but being younger something he can work on to grab higher rep honours although I assume he will start in ISA u16’s.The future of SPC rugby is in safe hands with this kids in it. Other standouts from Pats include Christopher “Tabouli” Sarkis a large second rower, made an impact all day. Conor “double O 7” O’Brien the captain and seven worked hard all day, should be in for higher honours. As well as Winger Anthony “Sarah” Cerra, who ran hard all day. On a milder note Bo “el capitan” Abra was carded for talking to the ref. This is a bunch of hummus, since when can’t a captain talk to the ref i must have missed that rule change.
Sweet Chilli’s Hero of the Dish

1. The big three how many times this year will i say that
  2. The diamond in the rough of Seamus Whelan
  3. The sauce range of homebush Kebabs, various and plentiful
Thanks for talking about what sauce the players played like and the pop-star they look like, next time actually tell us what they did and didn't do instead of talking about sauces and pop-stars

S

sweetchilli philli

Welcome #sweet chilli nation
I am writing today to inform you that after the much publicised criticism that I have endured on this blog which I have called home over the past season is no longer wanting my famous sweet chilli sauce . The public critic given by Frontin out has caused me to question my place amongst this group. I will stop writing hot chips and game reviews if this view is held throughout the forum (please let me know). However if this is my last post on this forum I want you all to know that I will never stop supporting the mighty ISA!! The talent and dedication of all the players and staff from the schools involved must not go unnoticed.

Perhaps for the last time….
#staysaucymyPeeps

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
I am writing today to inform you that after the much publicised criticism that I have endured on this blog which I have called home over the past season is no longer wanting my famous sweet chilli sauce . The public critic given by Frontin out has caused me to question my place amongst this group. I will stop writing hot chips and game reviews if this view is held throughout the forum (please let me know). However if this is my last post on this forum I want you all to know that I will never stop supporting the mighty ISA!! The talent and dedication of all the players and staff from the schools involved must not go unnoticed.

#staysaucymyPeeps

Don't let him get to you scp! I for one love the humour you bring to this forum as well as the information you provide about Stannies!

I think you should #staysaucy

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Front In Out

Bob McCowan (2)

#staysaucymyPeeps

Okay mate you just stay hidden behind your phone and make sure no one knows who you are (even though everyone knows who you are), stop trolling this page thinking your MR know it all.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)

That's a good line up SCP.

But I am not sure about Albert H and Harry W (although Harry's dad clearly knew his stuff around the rugby union field); they are both mungo ball players and with the Australian Schoolboys RL National champs the week after ours, I do not know that they would do both.
Having said that though, making ISA does not necessarily mean making NSW - but if you put yourself forward for one you should be available for all.

Don't overlook Willy M, he is a big strong capable player with some pedigree, and he made NSW 2 last year.
@shane smelts
You seem to know a bit about the Auggies rugby program. It seems a pity that a fine rugby nursery (perhaps even the premier rugby nursery) in Sydney loses players to the mungo game on a regular basis. However there are countless rumours around about a connection between Auggies and the Sea Eagles (nrl) so the loss to rugby is a foregone conclusion. Your thoughts?

oakhilldad

Stan Wickham (3)
Okay mate you just stay hidden behind your phone and make sure no one knows who you are (even though everyone knows who you are), stop trolling this page thinking your MR know it all.

sweetchilli philli contributions are interesting. What are you posting? I am afraid no one here cares what jealousies and insecurities are eating away at the mind of a dullard.

Homebush Kebab

Frank Row (1)
sweetchilli philli contributions are interesting. What are you posting? I am afraid no one here cares what jealousies and insecurities are eating away at the mind of a dullard.[/quote
I just tried to look up Dullard in the dictionary and it wasn't there? Is it a special Oakhill word? If so would you be able to provide a definition in order to better understand your post.

Front In Out

Bob McCowan (2)
sweetchilli philli contributions are interesting. What are you posting? I am afraid no one here cares what jealousies and insecurities are eating away at the mind of a dullard.

Yeah thanks for that input it really made sense, I'm a "Dullard" and you don't even know who I am. Stay at Oakhill or wherever you come from and stop making stupid comments about everything, you look like a fool.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
@shane smelts
You seem to know a bit about the Auggies rugby program. It seems a pity that a fine rugby nursery (perhaps even the premier rugby nursery) in Sydney loses players to the mungo game on a regular basis. However there are countless rumours around about a connection between Auggies and the Sea Eagles (nrl) so the loss to rugby is a foregone conclusion. Your thoughts?

Sorry I haven't got back to you yet, I've been busy having lunch with Laurie Daley.

Regarding connections, google the words 'Tim Cleary' and you'll see it's not as insidious as you make out.

St Augs is not the only supplier of boys to the OTHER rugby game, over the years other schools such as Newington (often) have supplied boys (especially to Souths) and even schools such as Joeys (Tom Wright, 1st IV captain) and Riverview (Michael Fenn).
Not that many from CAS schools though....hmm.

I think the reason is location, location location.
St Augs is across the road from Lottoland and although even the Sea Eagles are only there for home games the vibe spreads across the road.
Additionally there had been for many years a large Kiwi and Pacific Islander community on the Beaches, and damn are they good at both codes.
Then the Anglo boys, a lot who have parents that played back in the day (either code) live on the Beaches too.
There a lots of fields/ovals available to play and train RL, they often share with union places such as Narrabeen and even Rat Park.

There is a LOT of sport played on the Beaches, even the local soccer club has over 16,000 members.

The last bit of the puzzle comes back to location as well - to get across Sydney to Narrabeen to train 3-4 times a week is a mega grind at the best of times, the access there pretty crappy with the single lane Wakehurst Parkway etc.
Conversely to get from the Beaches across Sydney to another club in shitty Sydney peak hour traffic means people just stay local (and get developed).
You've heard of Insular on the Peninsular?

So I can't see the leakage to league changing any time soon.
And don't get me started on AFL... the other day in the Manly Daily there was an article about some 16 year old boy (who used to play union and league) who was now a Swans Academy boy and had made some NSW team, there was a photo of the boy and he was a man-mountain and damn if I couldn't imagine him in Joeys or Scots colours (or Newington, caught snoozing New).

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions for tomorrow:
AUGGIES V STANNIES: I must say I was extremely disappointed with the lack of discipline shown by the Stannies boys when they played against St Pats. they would get away with it against St Pats, they won't against Auggies PLUS the Brookie boys will be smarting from Rd 1. Auggies by 10.
KINROSS v PATS: Good contest this one, but Kinross at home by 5.
OAKS v GREGS: Oaks appear to be building momentum - Oaks by 14+

rugbyguru90

Frank Row (1)
Big match for stannies tomorrow, will be the grand final for the ISA comp. I'm expecting a big game from the big stannies prop Joel Thomas. You'd think he was the schoolboys prop from stannies given his performance the last couple of weeks. Abracadabra may have lost his magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Big match for stannies tomorrow, will be the grand final for the ISA comp. I'm expecting a big game from the big stannies prop Joel Thomas. You'd think he was the schoolboys prop from stannies given his performance the last couple of weeks. Abracadabra may have lost his magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
With the second half of the season to start tomorrow, here's how the schools are looking after 5 rounds (considering 1sts and 2nds as well as As and Bs from all ages).

AUGGIES remain the premier ISA rugby school with all teams either 1st or 2nd on the ladder apart from the U14 cohort (both As and Bs in the lower half of the table). Looks like they're set dominate 1st XV and rep teams for at least the next 3 years.

STANNIES performing well in Opens and 16s, but 15s and younger in the bottom half of their respective tables (apart from 14As who are coming 1st) - nothing some good boarding school tucker and rugby focus can't fix.

OAKS starting to slide a bit with no teams coming 1st, but 1sts, 16A and all 14s and 13s teams in top half of the table. 15s cohort a worry with both teams coming 6th.

GREGS/PIUS - difficult to word a summary given the inequity in the B comp, but fair to say all teams doing OK at around mid-table except for 14B (Gregs 1st) and 13A (Pius last)

St PATS performing poorly in Opens (6th) and 16s (5th), with younger age groups mid-table or lower.

KINROSS have all teams mid table or lower. Best performing teams 15A (3rd) and 13A (2nd).

S

sweetchilli philli

Howdy #SweetChillination

Crikey it is already that time of the week for my HOT CHIPS!!! I have been flat out this week with all this nonsense over a well intentioned Mass. My God it is going to be an exciting round of ISA with plenty of mouth watering match ups and in my opinion no clear favourites.

Stannies VS Auggies
Believe it or not this one takes my……. Sauce of the round!!!! The 2 powerhouse of the competition thus far and it is what many are calling the grand final of the ISA. I am telling you now if you are a rugby supporter get down to the game as there will be no better quality game on Saturday. This game will be far better than that arvo rugby shit (Pardon the French) Bill “Corruption is my middlename” Pulver is producing. Predicting this game is a real head scratcher but I expect the Big 3 of Bo “Knows” Abra, Yool “Yool(Yool)=Yool Yool” Yool and Hunter “Psych” Ward to dominate . But if Stannies are going to win it will require a 15 man performance so the likes of “Billy” Joel “ The Pianoman” Thomas need to continue to perform well. For Auggies I expect the backline to have the edge over stannies so the piggies need to lift to match the dominance of Stannies forward pack (or as I like to call them the wolfpack). I am predicting Stannies to win and (controversially) comfortably: 54- 14 to secure the ISA title for 2017.
Sweet chilli’s 3 keys:
  1. Harry “Highpants” Haywood to be best on field for Auggies
  2. A massive crowd at Stannies with an estimate of 10,000 spectators
  3. Auggies to blame the country refs for the loss

St Pats vs Kinross
This is one of those matches which the more I think about it the saucier the encounter becomes. It has storylines aplenty in this one with it being somewhat of a battle for 5th. Therefore, this match is 100% all about passion and pride. Pats were embarrassed by Kinross in round 1 and will be seeking redemption while a kinross side at home are always tough(unless you're Stannies). I predict the back row from Kinross will dominate with Oskar “Special K” Mitchell leading from the front.(Does anyone know if my main man Donny “Cathy” Freeman is playing?) However the Pats Backline is hyped up but I trust the backs from kinross to hold up. Scoreline 20-17 Kinross at home securing a win for them and country rugby over the city slickers.
Sweet chilli’s 3 keys
  1. Brett “Magic” Johnson to step up and dominate the midfield
  2. Seamus “Beyond his years” Whelan to dominate the scrums and carry his fellow porkies
  3. Country Vs City styles of Footy to be played which is better we will see

Oakhill vs Gregs
This is a peculiar match up given the earlier result of Gregs absolutely smoking Oakhill in their last encounter. So perhaps the matchup is favourable for gregs however as always this year Pats seem to be the big mystery as they drew with Gregs and lost to Oakhill making it difficult to judgel. However I venture that the key will be Isaac “Stephen” Hoyles. As with recent history Oakhill is a scrum half factory and this year is no different with great service and leadership provided by this young man. Expect him to be written about a lot more on this forum if they manage to get the win. Gregs on the other hand have in my opinion the best centre pair in the game in what is widely been dubbed as the “Smash Bros.” It will take a great performance from both Mario and Luigi to win. Scoreline 25-20 Oakhill
Sweet chilli’s 3 key’s
  1. Cameron “Diaz” De Costa to dominate the set piece (currently my favourite little piggy in the competition)
  2. Smash Bros to run riot over Oakhills backline like
  3. The two rowdiest crowds in ISA meeting so if no incident, then a win for the ISA

To conclude I would like to say I was overwhelmed with the support that I received after receiving degrading and hurtful comments from that “Dullard” Front in Out. The support I received from my fellow ISA bloggers to me just highlights how great the ISA community is!!!!!!! To Frontin out my message to you is to grow up! If you don’t enjoy my blogs that is fine but as the famous children's(because you're acting like one) saying goes “ if you don’t have anything nice to say to don’t say anything at all.” But I suspect that you are a coward so you will continue with you’re cyber bullying ways so I will continue to produce my blogs because “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!”. If I stop with my posts then all I am doing is allowing cyber-terrorists and evil figures (such as Rolf Harris) like you win!

I hate to end on a sour note so I would like to congratulate all the boys on their selection in ISA and I wish you all the best with your game on Sunday! I was quite surprised by the large number of pius boys who made the squad. I might make the trip over to Rat Park for the game, unsure yet. Over and Out.

#Staysaucymypeeps

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Howdy #SweetChillination

Sweet chilli’s 3 keys:
  1. Harry “Highpants” Haywood to be best on field for Auggies
  2. A massive crowd at Stannies with an estimate of 10,000 spectators
  3. Auggies to blame the country refs for the loss

#Staysaucymypeeps

I hear that they have the 16As down on the field of death (way down the back out of sight), where the local refs do some of their best work.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.