• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
It was a stunning day of rugby with the Pats Kinross matches being very even across the board.

The 1s contest was close the whole game with some very sloppy periods from both teams. Ball security from both teams needs to be improved.

The final minutes were great viewing with Kinross leading late 21-15. Pats scores bringing it to 21-20. Pats missed a conversion that they really shouldve got and would've probably one the game for them.

But it wasn't to be and Kinross regained the ball of the kick-off and began an onslaught of the pats line. Pats were down the wrong end of the field and couldn't claw back.

Kinross scores at the death, winning 26-20. A great game.

Next week Pats will struggle against Auggies but will always looking for that upset.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Gregs beat Oakhill 24-20. Seems like a great game, does anyone have a match report? This comp is wide open with both Auggies and Oakhill starting the season with a loss. That wouldn't have happened in a very long time; it makes the ISA much more interesting. As a Pats supporter, it's not going to be our year (again... it never is. Too much soccer) but anyone but Oakhill or Auggies would be a desirable result.

Pickngo44

Bob McCowan (2)
Before everyone starts blowing up saying how rigged and bias it is. They have picked 10 St Augustine's players in a 50 man squad. This does not mean that all 10 players will be selected in the ISA 1st XV. In years gone by St Augustine's have had in excess of 15 players selected in the squad so they certainly haven't got the dominant representation of previous years and nor do they deserve to have 15+ players selected based on this years crop. I'm sure the lads from Stannies and Kinross will have a good chance of been picked in the top teams and challenging for state jumpers.

As far as getting a team/squad list goes it is unfortunately near impossible until the first training session which is usually in a few weeks at Blue Mountains Grammar. The schools get notified of the selections and subsequently pass on to successful players. But if anyone does have a names or lists please post them here!

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
SACS are taking their Rugby on the road over the next month with the draw having them at Bowral, Bathurst, home, Bowral. My odometer will be working overtime...

On a related topic, does anyone know the outcome of the sale of All Saints Bathurst? Did they end up selling, and if so, who is the new owner?

R&R

Bob McCowan (2)
Good to see that the competition is well and truly opening up. If results from the weekend are a sign we should be in for a treat of close games all season. Definitely hard to go past Stannies as favourites for the title though.

Looks as though the 2's comp will be a tough fought battle as well.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
SACS are taking their Rugby on the road over the next month with the draw having them at Bowral, Bathurst, home, Bowral. My odometer will be working overtime.

On a related topic, does anyone know the outcome of the sale of All Saints Bathurst? Did they end up selling, and if so, who is the new owner?
I believe the sale has gone through.

The college has not disclosed the identity of the purchaser. . Apparently the buyer was the one the college preferred and wanted.

I am led to believe it is a consortium of philanthropists. School to continue as it was as Anglican faith.

Reactions: BAR

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
I believe the sale has gone through.

The college has not disclosed the identity of the purchaser. . Apparently the buyer was the one the college preferred and wanted.

I am led to believe it is a consortium of philanthropists. School to continue as it was as Anglican faith.

Thanks HB

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
auggies vs stannies
1st stannies won 26-22
2nds stannies won 21-12
16a Stannies 29-19

Any other results ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16bs Stannie 29 Auggies 31.
Stannies should have won though, scrum was better, larger strapping country boys overall, line outs solid. Slight disclipline issue at the end led to Auggies getting a converted try for the win. Complaints to the ref by the Stannies captain fell on deaf ears - and certainly there was no ref bias towards the home teams with all those losses throughout the day.

Would like to comment on Stannies; kudos to them for solid results across the board. And last year as well.

There have been comments about Auggies this year. A lot of the quality players from last year, that made NSW 1 & 2 have left school. A lot were younger in the year and could have done pathways - but chose not to, they left school and joined Colts clubs (other boys are on Missions are per their religious convictions, and good on them).
However there are still good players left such as Willy Manu, and some strong talent coming through the ranks such as Max Lehman, Albert Hopoate (goes without saying really), Max Douglas, Tom Hardcastle, Jack Walsh.
If not this year then 2018 will be a strong year.

Regarding Stannies they do have real talent there in the 1sts; Hunter, Yool and Bo (Aus Barbarians). All three are still at school and Stannies is stronger for that.

Looking forward to the re-match!

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
From the results from last weekend it looks like the power of ISA rugby now resides west of the mountains - emphatic victories by Stannies in the main senior games leads me to think they are now #1 in ISA for 2017 (early call I know) - but what from Shane Smeltz says it could be only brief at 1st XV level.

This week Auggies will be wanting to reverse last week's results. Given they are at home v St Pats they should get up by 14+.

Kinross will be on a high following last weeks win at Strathfield. They are at home - the bagpipes will be playing, it'll be very cold and they'll continue their winning start with a 5 point win over Oaks. That means the boys from Castle Hill could be 0 from 2 after Round 2 - when did that last happen?

Stannies v Gregs - Stannies will get up but they shouldn't under estimate Gregs - I believe that if St Gregs really concentrated on rugby and gave away the other oval ball game they would be THE power house in ISA rugby - there's a tonne of talent at that school and rugby would be all the better for it if they focussed 100% on ISA rugby.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
News from Pittwater Park 1st XV Auggies 74 def Pats 12. 2nd XV Auggies 60+ def Pats 0. 16A Auggies 48 def Pats 0. Word around was 50-0 to Auggies in other games was the norm.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
News from Pittwater Park 1st XV Auggies 74 def Pats 12. 2nd XV Auggies 60+ def Pats 0. 16A Auggies 48 def Pats 0. Word around was 50-0 to Auggies in other games was the norm.

Yep, a very tough day on the beaches for the boys from Strathfield with Auggies dominating in most matches. Pats did get up in the 14B's game after being down at half-time while there were some tighter contests in the lower 13's grades. I happened to stumble across the 13C's game and saw the most amount of penalties ever in a game; it could have been close to 40 but I didn't see any cards.

Overall, it seems as if the trip to Pittwater always ends the same for SPC, who are never able to match the strength and speed of Auggies. There is always next week...................

Status
Not open for further replies.