• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2018

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
I can confirm the Pius 1s lost to High 41-17. They will be playing Newington 3rds this weekend.

This result makes me think Pius could be in for a tough year, especially playing in the top grade.

While the top two spots are pretty much certain to be decided between Auggies and Stannies, the next three spots will be hotly contested - Pats and Oakhill seem pretty much on par with each other based on trial form while Kinross hasn't played many trials that could be compared with the other two.

Gregs as always is impossible to pick due to the everchanging nature of the team due to league commitments.

I am very excited for the season to start as there could be some fantastic games ahead!

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Could not agree more Mr ISA, Pius will struggle and with the natural attrition that will come with playing regular footy, I cant see things getting better for them.
Kinross play Riverview 1st XV this week at Kinross so all will be revealed around 4.30pm on Saturday afternoon, wether they are in the hunt or not.
Stannies play Auggies at home in the ISA comp and both teams look to be strong and improving.
Oakhill and St Pats are struggling early but hopefully will find some form coming into the ISA part of the competition.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Could not agree more Mr ISA, Pius will struggle and with the natural attrition that will come with playing regular footy, I cant see things getting better for them.
Kinross play Riverview 1st XV this week at Kinross so all will be revealed around 4.30pm on Saturday afternoon, wether they are in the hunt or not.
Stannies play Auggies at home in the ISA comp and both teams look to be strong and improving.
Oakhill and St Pats are struggling early but hopefully will find some form coming into the ISA part of the competition.

I agree that this weekend's games in the Central West will be very interesting indeed. Quite surprised that Riverview 1s are playing Kinross 1s and Stannies 1s are playing Riverview 2s. Based on form it would make more sense the other way around. Nevertheless, it shows some confidence in the team's ability lets hope its not a cricket score. Stannies 1s vs View 2s should be a good contest.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
This week's Trial Fixtures are:

Oakhill vs Aloys

SPC vs Joey's 3rd XV

Auggies vs Newington 1st XV

Pius vs Newington 3rd XV

Riverview 1st XV vs Kinross 1st XV

Riverview 2nd XV vs Stannies 1st XV

Gregs vs Grammar

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Obviously some agreement between Stannies and Kinross looks like whoever has the 1sts playing at home gets to play the visiting 1st XV side. Cant tell you a lot about Kinross 1st XV apparently they put a good score on Knox 2nds last week, I did not get to Knox until 1sts so cant comment on that result. I do know Kinross have a few strong forwards led by Donny Freeman and on past performances against Stannies over the years have always aimed up. But Saturday will be a big day and im sure Riverview will be very competitive in all grades.
Apparently Riverview bringing up 32 sides to Bathurst and Orange this week end, a fantastic effort and one that is much appreciated by all us West of the mountains, I hope all the city lads enjoy their visit and play some great footy and return home injury free.
Got to Love Schoolboy Rugby !!

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)

Sorry CB when are Auggies and Stannies clashing?

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
The ISA Rep trials were held at St.Pius yesterday - for both the Opens and the 16's age groups
There was a good representation present from all of the ISA schools, and some of the 16s games were quite willing to say the least (one lad got a YC for over vigorous play in one of the trial games)

Not sure when they will announce the teams - more than likely they will be announced here: soon: http://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/
I Enjoyed what I saw of the U16 trials on Tuesday. Particularly liked seeing some of the talented Div 2 players out among the more numerous Div 1 talent. Unfortunately, a fractured thumb in the first few minutes of his first trial match saw an early departure for me and my boy...next year!

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I can confirm the Pius 1s lost to High 41-17.

Interesting, it was only a few seasons back when High lost to Pius by 30+ (and High had Gen-U20 player Sam Musgrove in their team)

There are 2 x reasons for this recent scoreline:
  1. Most of High's current 1st XV squad has been together for the last four seasons, and they have been a strong 'A' team for those years, winning regular matches. A mates' son plays in the team, and I have watched them over the years grow and develop into a fine rugby team, so it is not surprising to me that they are doing well.
  2. I was recently talking to a few Pius people 'in-the-know', and they have acknowledged that the current Opens squads are not their strongest, and that they are waiting for the current U16 crop to move into the Opens next season.

I will be looking forward to watching this current Highs' 1st XV team and how they will go in the 3rd XV comp this season...

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Interesting, it was only a few seasons back when High lost to Pius by 30+ (and High had Gen-U20 player Sam Musgrove in their team)

There are 2 x reasons for this recent scoreline:
  1. Most of High's current 1st XV squad has been together for the last four seasons, and they have been a strong 'A' team for those years, winning regular matches. A mates' son plays in the team, and I have watched them over the years grow and develop into a fine rugby team, so it is not surprising to me that they are doing well.
  2. I was recently talking to a few Pius people 'in-the-know', and they have acknowledged that the current Opens squads are not their strongest, and that they are waiting for the current U16 crop to move into the Opens next season.

I will be looking forward to watching this current Highs' 1st XV team and how they will go in the 3rd XV comp this season.

This is really good news. I want, I think we actually need, a strong High team.

scoobypapa

Frank Row (1)
Obviously some agreement between Stannies and Kinross looks like whoever has the 1sts playing at home gets to play the visiting 1st XV side. Cant tell you a lot about Kinross 1st XV apparently they put a good score on Knox 2nds last week, I did not get to Knox until 1sts so cant comment on that result. I do know Kinross have a few strong forwards led by Donny Freeman and on past performances against Stannies over the years have always aimed up. But Saturday will be a big day and im sure Riverview will be very competitive in all grades.
Apparently Riverview bringing up 32 sides to Bathurst and Orange this week end, a fantastic effort and one that is much appreciated by all us West of the mountains, I hope all the city lads enjoy their visit and play some great footy and return home injury free.

Certainly an interesting fixture. KWS will be up against it. Given the recent Kings score line I’m backing them to go down heavily. There unfit and lack real quality game time against GPS sides of this caliber. Can’t wait for the result. I could be wrong though. Hope it’s competitive for country rugby’s sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoobypapa

Frank Row (1)

Originally SSC vs Riverview was to be the premier fixture of the day. kWS realised the enormity of the mistake and changed the fixture. Kudos to KWS for taking ownership of the fixture. I hope they get up!

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Originally SSC vs Riverview was to be the premier fixture of the day. kWS realised the enormity of the mistake and changed the fixture. Kudos to KWS for taking ownership of the fixture. I hope they get up!

Hey Scooby
Agree hope both the main games are nice and hard and close.

forruckssake

Bob McCowan (2)
24-14 Joeys 3rdss def Pats 1sts
68-0 Joeys 4ths def Pats 2nds
Didn't quite catch the 3s and 4s games.

Although Pats lost, it can safely be said that the scrum has improved significantly. Looking forward to next week's fixtures against Aloys.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
24-14 Joeys 3rdss def Pats 1sts
68-0 Joeys 4ths def Pats 2nds
Didn't quite catch the 3s and 4s games.

Although Pats lost, it can safely be said that the scrum has improved significantly. Looking forward to next week's fixtures against Aloys.

Yeah. After watching the game I definitely felt that Pat's didn't really show up today. Lots of simple errors in offense and defense. The improved scrum is the main positive of the game. Will have to have a good week at training before heading up to Tyneside next week.