• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2022

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
kinross went down 12-5 against TAS week 1 this term in a mud pit, had 4 or 5 players out against TAS that were in the team vs brook. TAS previously got flogged by brook 70 odd to not much at a holiday rugby camp, kinross 22-19 v brook on the weekend. If Kinross played TAS now the scoreline could be a fair bit different.
Thanks west best

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Rd 1 Predictions:

Don't know if things are that clear cut just yet but here goes -

Kinross v Oakhill @ Orange - On paper, this should be an easy win for Oakhill, but previous comments eluding to irregular team sheets from Oakhill and a rapidly improving Kinross muddies the water somewhat - even more so when Kinross are at home. I'm going Oakhill but not by much. Match of the round for mine.

St. Greg's v St. Augustines @ Gregory Hills - Sadly, I dont see this going anyway other than a loss for St. Gregs. Undoubtedly, home ground advantage will count for some, but I just dont see it ending any other way other than in Brookvale's favour. Auggies by 20+

St. Pats v St. Pius @ Strathfield - Again, given the trial form, you have to think Pats go in to this as favourites. Pius struggled against a similar trial line up that Pats accounted for so I'm thinking this is a win for Black by 15+. The only joker in the pack could be a Pius team that has its full compliment of players fit and healthy and this could throw a spanner in the works.

The Phantoms

Frank Nicholson (4)
Rd 1 Predictions:

Don't know if things are that clear cut just yet but here goes -

Kinross v Oakhill @ Orange - On paper, this should be an easy win for Oakhill, but previous comments eluding to irregular team sheets from Oakhill and a rapidly improving Kinross muddies the water somewhat - even more so when Kinross are at home. I'm going Oakhill but not by much. Match of the round for mine.

St. Greg's v St. Augustines @ Gregory Hills - Sadly, I dont see this going anyway other than a loss for St. Gregs. Undoubtedly, home ground advantage will count for some, but I just dont see it ending any other way other than in Brookvale's favour. Auggies by 20+

St. Pats v St. Pius @ Strathfield - Again, given the trial form, you have to think Pats go in to this as favourites. Pius struggled against a similar trial line up that Pats accounted for so I'm thinking this is a win for Black by 15+. The only joker in the pack could be a Pius team that has its full compliment of players fit and healthy and this could throw a spanner in the works.
Solid weather conditions for Orange, averaging -1 to 7 degrees all week.

Aussie Slim shady

Frank Row (1)
Watched the Pats game. It was an absolute blinder. Pats 10 is an absolute beast. First win in an ISA game for Pats since 2018. Pius really manned up to the occasion but they were no match for the mighty pats.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oakhill gave Kinross a bit of a thumping 48-17. After some major injuries for oaks last week resulting in 3 starting forwards being unavailable to play this week 3 boys from the u/16a’s stepped up and played admirably. Score was about 19-7 at half time but oaks came out and put the game away in the first 10 minutes after the resumption with some quick fire tries. Game was called 5 minutes early after a nasty lower leg injury to the Kinross #4 after landing awkwardly from a line out. Hopefully the young fella is not in too much discomfort tonight in hospital

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wow. Form guide out the window for that one. A lot tighter than anticipated
Yes and it just goes to show that trials are one thing, but comp games are another.

A pretty good game out at Strathfield today - good crowd and great footy.

Teams yet to play Pius.... take them easy at your peril. They had very little ball to work with and yet what they did get, they used very well. Their back line is quality - particularly on counter attack. Scrum dominance initially from Pats, but Pius fought back well in the second half. Pats generally better in and around the ugly stuff and when they had the ball, the tended to hold onto it really well setting up front foot ball for their backs.

The lead chopped and changed multiple times and it genuinely looked like Pius was heading for an upset at one point. Great composure from Pats to score in the corner at the end to seal the victory.

An excellent game and I hope all the ISA fixtures will be this engaging.

somerandombloke

Frank Row (1)
Wow. Form guide out the window for that one. A lot tighter than anticipated
Yea, I felt this would happen. Honestly, Nathan Cleary could be playing out on the field and the score would still be close.

There's rivalry between Pius and Pats. For some reason, no matter how good one side is and bad the other, the scores will always be close when these two sides come together.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Auggies won 18-7 against Greg’s
Ok well that's proof irrefutable that I would be a hopeless tipster. I predicated big wins to Auggies and Pats and a close game for Oakhill and the exact opposite happened!

Congrats to Auggies on the win but a big thumbs up to Greg's on that performance. Much closer than what I would have thought.

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Still a fortnight off (are any teams playing over the long weekend?), but here are my thoughts on rd 2:

St. Augustines v Oakhill at Rat Park (I assume?) - I think the result of this game will be the strongest indicator yet of who's who in the zoo. Oakhill's win in Orange will generate some momentum and from what I can gather, perhaps the pieces are falling into place at Castle Hill. I would assume that Auggies would not be pleased with that result against Greg's (and full credit to Greg's for what I would think was a great effort from them). Tehir run of form at the moment is telling me that this should be a win by Oakhill but not by much.

St. Stanislaus v St. Pats @ Bathurst - A tough trip for anyone to do well in the bitter cold of Bathurst and this will be Pat's true acid test. Where are they in the grand scheme of thing? They will know in a fortnight. I have no intel on the style of play of Stannies (assume there will be some big grain-fed units running around) , but if Pats can secure clean ball (as they did against Pius last week) then their skilful backline will get plenty of opportunities. Heart says Black but the head isn't so sure. A nail biter for sure.

St. Greg's v Kinross @ Gregory Hills - This is going to be a cracker of a game with both teams heading into thinking they're a shot. A strong performance against Auggies will do wonders for Greg's confidence. Kinross may be targeting this game as a W so they too will be hitting the field with confidence. I'm going to go Greg's but again, this one will be tight.

St. Pius X have the BYE but if what I can gather is correct, I would expect a big percentage of their teams to be playing Trinity this weekend to bolster Aloys. My understanding is that Aloys only have 9 teams in total across all grades so I would expect Pius to backfill most of those games. I believe this is what Stannies did last week. Anyone got any information on this?

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oakhill v Auggies this weekend should be a beauty. Lots of boys played for Manly and plenty played for Eastwood in the opens State cup final on Monday. Fortunately a conversion after the bell got the good guys (Eastwood/Oakhill) over the line.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Oakhill v Auggies this weekend should be a beauty. Lots of boys played for Manly and plenty played for Eastwood in the opens State cup final on Monday. Fortunately a conversion after the bell got the good guys (Eastwood/Oakhill) over the line.
Do plenty of Oakhill lads migrate to Eastwood post school?

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Do plenty of Oakhill lads migrate to Eastwood post school?
More so in the last couple of years as a large amount grew up playing club rugby in the area and for Eastwood in the state cups. When they leave and go to Eastwood colts a lot of there mates go across with them who enjoyed their school footy and want to keep playing.