• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2022

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
a couple of kinross teams had the bye as Gregs could only field 1 or 2 teams in most age groups
Disappointing that there werent any non-championship teams teams to play or matches to be arranged. There's a BYE in DIV 2 ISA Rugby - surely a series of friendlies could be arranged?

The Phantoms

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is their any team lists for ISA Under 16 1st and 2nds for this weekend. The NSWJRU website isn't updated.
ISA were having their scheduled training session today at Pats, so would assume the team sheets will be amended as a couple of injuries in the ISA 2 team-sheet I believe.

west best

Bob McCowan (2)
ISA team lists are finally up

Attachments

• 035589C4-77D3-4E3C-9D97-7BF6C2DBDE91.jpeg
    035589C4-77D3-4E3C-9D97-7BF6C2DBDE91.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 433
  • 8D14D8E8-6498-419B-991A-959FA22275B0.jpeg
    8D14D8E8-6498-419B-991A-959FA22275B0.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 436

somerandombloke

Frank Row (1)
The game was officiated by an ex Super 12 referee
Plus a central west touch judge and a st pats touchie

its pretty poor to make comments on a game that you weren’t there for mate
So based on this, just because the ref was once professional, that means its impossible to turn a blind eye? I assume this is what you're implying. Past form doesn't imply present nor does it imply changes in attitude for a game clearly less significant than Super Rugby. Yes, I wasn't there, nor did I actually make a comment about the game. I just said it would be poor for a ref to ruin the genuineness of a game, if this were actually the case.

Again, I did not see the game, I'm just repeating what I heard from people that did watch. It's probably just the bias of spectators saying it was rigged by the ref but what do I know.

Don't shoot the messenger, mate.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
So based on this, just because the ref was once professional, that means its impossible to turn a blind eye? I assume this is what you're implying. Past form doesn't imply present nor does it imply changes in attitude for a game clearly less significant than Super Rugby. Yes, I wasn't there, nor did I actually make a comment about the game. I just said it would be poor for a ref to ruin the genuineness of a game, if this were actually the case.

Again, I did not see the game, I'm just repeating what I heard from people that did watch. It's probably just the bias of spectators saying it was rigged by the ref but what do I know.

Don't shoot the messenger, mate.
Geez mate. Dollar short and a day late answering that one. Have seen plenty of “ interesting “ decisions when you head over the great dividing range or east once you get past the Baha’i Temple. Either way let’s get a bit more convo going in here. Good luck to all after the break

west best

Bob McCowan (2)
I count 7 ISA boys across the two NSW Schools teams. Well done lads :)
2 Oaks, 2 Augs, 2 Stannies, 1 Kinross, is how the ISA boys are spread. This might play a part in Pats, Pius, Greg’s not being up for contention this year. For me the premiership race is between stannies and oaks

Gregsboy99

Frank Row (1)
hey fellas, new to this hope your all good. Just wanted to see everyones predictions for this weekends games?
im a gregs boy so hope they go good, watched oaks play earlier this year and would have to say there gonna be hard to beat.

Gregsboy99

Frank Row (1)
@Hankspank
hey spanky, can see your on the oakhill bandwagon. thoughts on how they will go this year and can you give me some players to watch out for especially in the forwards

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
hey fellas, new to this hope your all good. Just wanted to see everyones predictions for this weekends games?
im a gregs boy so hope they go good, watched oaks play earlier this year and would have to say there gonna be hard to beat.
Welcome Gregsboy99 - great to have you here :)

Predictions for this weekend:
Oakhill v St. Pius @ Castle Hill-
Would think that this should be a comfortable win for Oakhill, but as Ive mentioned before, if you give those Pius lads a sniff, they have the speed and skill in their backs to do some real damage. Still - might is right and I cant see Oakhill going down in this one - particularly if the predicted rain hits and everyone is playing in slop.

Kinross v St. Augustines @ Orange-
I think all things considered, Auggies should get the result this weekend. From what other forum posters have said, Kinross have had to deal with a number of injuries so I'm hopeful that these have been rectified for them, but still think Auggies will be too strong.

St. Stanislaus v St. Gregs @ Bathurst-
Stannies at home is tough. But of all the teams capable of an upset, I think Greg's could be the real deal here. If Greg's can focus on the task at hand and not get rattled by the occasion, Stannies could be in for a rough time. The smart money goes with Stannies, but if you were looking for a roughie to chuck your earned at, put it on Gregs. Match of the round for mine.

St. Pats have the BYE - are they playing anyone at all this weekend? Does anyone know?

JackJill

Chris McKivat (8)
Welcome Gregsboy99 - great to have you here :)

Predictions for this weekend:
Oakhill v St. Pius @ Castle Hill-
Would think that this should be a comfortable win for Oakhill, but as Ive mentioned before, if you give those Pius lads a sniff, they have the speed and skill in their backs to do some real damage. Still - might is right and I cant see Oakhill going down in this one - particularly if the predicted rain hits and everyone is playing in slop.

Kinross v St. Augustines @ Orange-
I think all things considered, Auggies should get the result this weekend. From what other forum posters have said, Kinross have had to deal with a number of injuries so I'm hopeful that these have been rectified for them, but still think Auggies will be too strong.

St. Stanislaus v St. Gregs @ Bathurst-
Stannies at home is tough. But of all the teams capable of an upset, I think Greg's could be the real deal here. If Greg's can focus on the task at hand and not get rattled by the occasion, Stannies could be in for a rough time. The smart money goes with Stannies, but if you were looking for a roughie to chuck your earned at, put it on Gregs. Match of the round for mine.

St. Pats have the BYE - are they playing anyone at all this weekend? Does anyone know?
St Pats played Barker earlier in the week, from what I heard Barker played both their 2nd XV and 1st XV against St Pats' 1st XV in a half for half type matchup. Barker's firsts got the job done comfortably while the seconds had a rough time against them. No ending result was accounted for as it was just a mid-season friendly.