• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2022

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
First half highlights...
Pats scored in the corner from the kick off and 30 minutes later they scored another by scooching down the short side to kick ahead and their number 7 regathered to score. Other than that..... IT WAS TACKLE PRACTICE! Oakhill had all the ball and kept running at Pats over and over again. Ive never seen so much defence from one side and it was amazing that Pats lead into half time. Oakhill's scrum was strong in the first half but Id suggest parity at line out time.
The second half saw Oakhill come out firing and they scored 3 tries in quick succession. After 15 minutes, Pats were out on their feet - the effort of the first half taking it's toll. Towards the end of the second half Pats came back at Oakhill but their defence was too good. A hard fought win to Oakhill which (I'd imagine) required them to be more patient and creative than what they were probably expecting.
Special shout out to the Pats number 6 who has little regard for his well-being and poor understanding of his lean build! He made three kick returns running head first at boys much larger than him and somehow still managed to break the first tackle,

If I recall rightly Hank, your boy is in the second row yes? I think we'll need an investigation here mate - both of those lads are big lumps! 6 foot 3 or 4 at least and 100kg easily!!!!

A great day out in Strathfield - other scores from other games?
First half highlights...
Pats scored in the corner from the kick off and 30 minutes later they scored another by scooching down the short side to kick ahead and their number 7 regathered to score. Other than that..... IT WAS TACKLE PRACTICE! Oakhill had all the ball and kept running at Pats over and over again. Ive never seen so much defence from one side and it was amazing that Pats lead into half time. Oakhill's scrum was strong in the first half but Id suggest parity at line out time.
The second half saw Oakhill come out firing and they scored 3 tries in quick succession. After 15 minutes, Pats were out on their feet - the effort of the first half taking it's toll. Towards the end of the second half Pats came back at Oakhill but their defence was too good. A hard fought win to Oakhill which (I'd imagine) required them to be more patient and creative than what they were probably expecting.
Special shout out to the Pats number 6 who has little regard for his well-being and poor understanding of his lean build! He made three kick returns running head first at boys much larger than him and somehow still managed to break the first tackle,

If I recall rightly Hank, your boy is in the second row yes? I think we'll need an investigation here mate - both of those lads are big lumps! 6 foot 3 or 4 at least and 100kg easily!!!!

A great day out in Strathfield - other scores from other games?
Very accurate account of the game Schmooze. The 2 second rowers are actually yr 11’s. Big boys and great games from both of them. Junior Hank was the one running the water and kicking tee. Couple of weeks & hes back

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Auggies defeat Stannies 33-12. Auggies team looks to be piecing together to form a great side as they really molded together to pull out the win for this game. Auggies 15 was strong having good pace and kicking game as well as both Auggies second rowers and halfback. Stannies 12 showed good ticker with Langfield (Aussie Schoolboys Fullback) playing flyhalf having a decent performance with minor erros which happen when coming back from injury. All around a good day of rugby at Narrabeen with Auggies coming off big wins against Kinross and Stannies for them shaping up to have a tight match with St Pats next week. Stannies country derby next week against Kinross where they look to renew their momentum and push forward. Should be a great week of rugby yet again.

JackJill.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Updated table after Round 4:

School:Played:Won:Lost:For:Against:Diff:Points:
Oakhill440142657712
Auggies4319385810
Stannies3216655117
Pius3126567-15
Pats3125468-145
Gregs3123966-275
Kinross40462130-684

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Updated table after Round 4:

Oakhill440142657712
Auggies4319385810
Stannies3216655117
Pius3126567-15
Pats3125468-145
Gregs3123966-275
Kinross40462130-684
Oakhills to lose now Schmooze. Does anyone know in the event of equal points does it go on for & against or joint premiership?

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Oakhills to lose now Schmooze. Does anyone no in the event of equal points does it go on for & against or joint premiership?
You'd have to say so.

As far as points go, this is my own version of the table. I took a look at the Isa one and I didn't like it so I did my own.

For and against is pretty standard though.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Predictions for this week?
Lots of fun and games this weekend!

St. Augustine's vs St. Patrick's @ Narrabeen
This will be a great game and Auggies are up against it. Having seen the defensive effort against Oakhill last week, Auggies better put their thinking caps on because if they think they're going to steam roll Pats they're in for a rude shock. It ain't going to happen. There is enough IQ in the Pats backline to do some damage and they're forwards are tough as nails. You'd have to say Auggies at home but it will be a very close encounter for sure.

Kinross Wollaroi vs St. Stanislaus' @ Orange
Call the cops now, get the army in, alert the hospital - there's going to be carnage! I don't know what's go on over the past two seasons out there (assume they've had games) but nothing says local derby like Kinross v Stannies. Ive never been to one, but from what I'm told it's chaos from start to finish :) Form says Stannies for this one, but anything is possible on a day like this.

St. Pius X vs St. Greg's @ Oxford Falls
This will be another great game! Having a fortnight off can be both good and bad for teams and it will be interesting to see if Greg's can now refocus after their loss to Stannies two weeks ago. Conversely, with a good win over Kinross, there will be wind in the sails of the Pius lads and they will take that confidence into the game. Defensively they are on par with each other but Pius having the attacking skills it would seem so I'm tipping them in a close one

Last edited:

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)

This will be a great game and Auggies are up against it. Having seen the defensive effort against Oakhill last week, Auggies better put their thinking caps on because if they think they're going to steam roll Pats they're in for a rude shock. It ain't going to happen. There is enough IQ in the Pats backline to do some damage and they're forwards are tough as nails. You'd have to say Auggies at home but it will be a very close encounter for sure.

Call the cops now, get the army in, alert the hospital - they're's going to be carnage! I don't know what's go on over the past two seasons out there (assume they've had games) but nothing says local derby like Kinross v Stannies. Ive never been to one, but from what I'm told it's chaos from start to finish :) Form says Stannies for this one, but anything is possible on a day like this.

This will be another great game! Having a fortnight off can be both good and bad for teams and it will be interesting to see if Greg's can now refocus after their loss to Stannies two weeks ago. Conversely, with a good win over Kinross, there will be wind in the sails of the Pius lads and they will take that confidence into the game. Defensively they are on par with each other but Pius having the attacking skills it would seem so I'm tipping them in a close one
1- Auggies to knock off St Pats in what will be close. Only thing swaying me is Home ground advantage but if Conti gets the backline humming for St Pats then they will ask plenty of questions.
2- Stannies to knock off Kinross
3- Pius are a solid & consistent outfit but will need to defend well through the middle and contain the Gregs centres in particular Guymer.
Oakhill looking forward to the bye and will be nearly back to full strength for the last 2 games. 1 very good player having surgery this week but the younger blokes that have filled in for him have put in outstanding efforts playing against older boys and will finish off the season doing the same. Oakhill forward pack looking very strong for next year.

Ruggers885

Frank Row (1)
Auggies defeat Stannies 33-12. Auggies team looks to be piecing together to form a great side as they really molded together to pull out the win for this game. Auggies 15 was strong having good pace and kicking game as well as both Auggies second rowers and halfback. Stannies 12 showed good ticker with Langfield (Aussie Schoolboys Fullback) playing flyhalf having a decent performance with minor erros which happen when coming back from injury. All around a good day of rugby at Narrabeen with Auggies coming off big wins against Kinross and Stannies for them shaping up to have a tight match with St Pats next week. Stannies country derby next week against Kinross where they look to renew their momentum and push forward. Should be a great week of rugby yet again.

JackJill.
big win against Kinross, score was 32-21?

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)

Call the cops now, get the army in, alert the hospital - there's going to be carnage! I don't know what's go on over the past two seasons out there (assume they've had games) but nothing says local derby like Kinross v Stannies. Ive never been to one, but from what I'm told it's chaos from start to finish :) Form says Stannies for this one, but anything is possible on a day like this.

I agree DS with Auggies vs Pats being the matchup of the round for me. I do believe Auggies will closely win this one but it could go either way with Pats having a strong backline. Though judging from last weeks performance, Auggies should beat them through the forwards with their large versatile pack. I'll have Auggies in a close one but it really depends if the St Pats backline is working like a well oiled machine.

Stannies vs Kinross is always one of my favourite games of the season. It is intense, gritty and it will be the main event in the country this weekend. All things said i'm going to have to take Stannies in a nail biter this weekend. The Kinross lads will be up and out of their seats supporting their boys and I know Kinross will show up for this one. Stannies to much firepower though.

Pius vs Gregs will be a close on I assume. I haven't watched either team so far this season so I will take your word for it and have Pius to win this one.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Stannies get the chocolates over Kinross in a tough game 22-10. Kinross lead for a big chunk of the game but Stannies scored twice in the 2nd half, including one on the bell. Kinross their own worst enemy with a large penalty count against them, 2 yellows, and a red (didn’t seem to be anything in it!)
KWS won seconds pretty convincingly.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Stannies get the chocolates over Kinross in a tough game 22-10. Kinross lead for a big chunk of the game but Stannies scored twice in the 2nd half, including one on the bell. Kinross their own worst enemy with a large penalty count against them, 2 yellows, and a red (didn’t seem to be anything in it!)
KWS won seconds pretty convincingly.
Ive hard that KWS were up at half time and that their Captain who had been out for many weeks was back on the field and playing well. What a game to make your comeback after injury - no pressure son!!!

On another note, I think it's great that all of the ISA games have been hotly contested and no blow outs. It makes it a compelling competition to follow and spurs on all of its participants when they fell they all stand a reasonable chance of winning games. I love it and well done ISA schools.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Things are getting tight on the ladder. No positional changes this week, but all places still in play. Stannies still stand a chance a finishing on equal points as long as they defeat Pius and Oakhill (no easy task). Auggies are a game in front so only one left for them (Pius). Pius have a tough run home (Stannies and Auggies) and Pats play Gregs and Kinross. Gregs have Oakhill and Pats and Kinross has Pats and the BYE. It's going to be fun :)

Oakhill440142657712
Auggies532114106811
Stannies43188652310
Pius4221019838
Pats4227889-118
Gregs41370102-326
Kinross50572152-805

Last edited: