• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'll have a crack at predicting a few. The AAGPS boys are out of the trial period now so we will see ISA school's going up against other schools that have already played other ISA schools (I tried to word that to the best of my ability) which will give a good insight into how competitive this year's comp will be...

Oakhill vs Waverly - I'll take Oakhill in this. They were only down to Joeys by 7 in the final stages of the game before Joeys blew them out, which gives good signs of their stamina and dedication to win. I reckon it will go down to the wire.

Pats vs Barker - Barker will win this one through their forwards. Barkers tenacity throughout their game against Newington allowed them to score on the bell. Pure class from them, an extremely well-drilled side. Barkers patience and capitalization on mistakes will put them ahead, but Pats may be able to give them a run for their money. IMO Pats forwards may not be able to keep up with Barkers.

Auggies vs Knox - I think I'll take Auggies in this one. Call me delusional, call me daft, but they might just have a shot. Knox has momentum so far, having strong wins against Joeys and Shore. Auggies do as well, with a few more games strapped under their belt. In games like these, you need players to take control in the late stages of the game, Auggies have those players. It will be tight, don't get me wrong, and in the end, Knox's forwards may be the difference, but I quite like the idea of an ISA school upsetting a top CAS powerhouse...

Stannies vs Grammar - Stannies by a margin. Can't see them losing to a Grammar team otherwise they will get tortured with shuttle runs up and down Mount Panorama!

Gregs vs Trinity - This will be another close one. Trinity has had a solid start to the year with tight games with Pats and a nice win over Pius. I'm still yet unsure what to make of Gregs, so it could swing either way, but I will take Trinity, they looked good when I saw them and have an abnormally large pack which will cause havoc mid-field. Gregs has had reports although of them being a much stronger side this year in comparison to last year so that could factor in a surprising result

Kinross vs Cranbrook - I think with Cranbrook having a good win over Pats last week, they will want to make a statement with Kinross.

Pius vs Aloys - This will be a cracker. Pius has proved to be a formidable side with getting neck and neck with a decent Trinity outfit. Aloys have pushed Stannies to the breaking point. I think I'll take Aloys in a game that goes down to the final straw.

I gave it a crack, but all of these games could swing either way IMO. Keen for a great week of rugby!

Agree re Pats. Their forwards seem to secure enough ball in general play but the set piece needs work.

I think for ISA pundits, your school's game against Cranbrook will be the yardstick to measure how you're going. They seem to be offering a (for want of a better term for it) "flat" challenge - neither a predicted win nor a predicted loss. The result will be in your team's hands.

St Augs Prop Lewis Wilson is having a great year at only 16! His footwork and overall ball play is almost that of a back rower. The young prop is showing great potential and heart whilst contributing to big wins for Auggies.

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sydney U18 selections announced, noticed 2 Pius old boys who graduated last year. Wonder how Pius wouldve gone this year if those lads were in the right year group. I’ll take Pius by 15 over the boys from Kirribilli.

bill clune

Bob McCowan (2)
Pius will have to step their game up against Aloys this week for the Ross Fagan Shield, Aloys looking to get redemption after the game earlier in April. Should be the game to watch this weekend.

Tahsrecruitment

Frank Row (1)
St Augs Prop Lewis Wilson is having a great year at only 16! His footwork and overall ball play is almost that of a back rower. The young prop is showing great potential and heart whilst contributing to big wins for Auggies.
have to agree St augs lineup has alot of depth through there lower grade teams and hidden players such as Lewis wilson contributes to st augs glory this season so far. A player id like to talk about it star winger Lachlan Oake in the st augs first xv lineup. His strength and speed is applaudable. Contributing with alot of tries this season and his communication skills are impecable never seen a winger with as much ticker as himself. Wouldnt be suprised if he made the isa team with flying colours

BarkersSalaryCap

Frank Row (1)
Those first 3 games on your list will all be crackers. Any predictions from anybody?
Oakhill vs Waverely will be one to watch, Oakhill off the back of an unlucky yet strong performance against Joeys, they will be firing for their last home game for a while. The handsome Tom Alloggia at second row always provides an entertaining performance for us rugby fans and the lady's watching in awe.

Last edited:
one to watch for saint augs will be Nicolas Clancy, he has been captaining the seconds, but recently being brought up to the firsts, nick has proved himself worthy and i expect he may be playing for the wallabies by 2025
yes Nicholas Clancy blindside flanker for the xv st augs college. Hes potential to make the league is vast, hes aspiration to chalenge the contested ruckage play is one of my aspects i love him about him. A leader in schoolboy rugby is hard to find but the way that young man leads the boys around the paddock is inspiring, the future is bright for this kid and i am looking foward to see hes future endeavors in professional rugby

When evaluating schoolboy teams we not only have to look at the skill they posses in the first xv team but its also important that we observe and praise players that are in lower teams. When i was scrolling around narrabeen park i saw the 4th xv play and noticed a couple of key players that i would like to appraise for there efforts and skill performance levels. One of those players was Harrison hinde second rower for St Augs college is a great example of this the way he runs hard at opponents with both hands is hard to find. An aggresive player on the paddock with a keen aspiration to learn more about what the game offers. Another player is Jamie Mulachy also in the second rower for the 4th xv st augs lineup you will always see this young man contesting the ruck. He has a steady and strong stance and wont let anyone push him over. First in the ruck and last to leave. As scouts we never like to praise the dirty work that goes along with playing this great game we call rugby union so we have to acknoweldge what these young men do to help their team over the finish line

BarkersSalaryCap

Frank Row (1)
I concur with your statement there. i would also like to add on the steaming hot j gorilla partnered with the dream 'Alloggia' in the second row, the gorilla will dominate against Waverlly on the weekend and definitely is one to be fed the ball
Hi im not sure who you're referring to as the gorilla? is he a player to look out for?

Mikal Jordan

Stan Wickham (3)
From watching the previous Aloys v Pius game up at Oxford falls and also looking at how Pius have been going this year (narrow Loss to Trinity and a Draw to Scots 2nds)
I feel they’ll be too much for the boys at Willoughby
Pius by 12

bill clune

Bob McCowan (2)
From watching the previous Aloys v Pius game up at Oxford falls and also looking at how Pius have been going this year (narrow Loss to Trinity and a Draw to Scots 2nds)
I feel they’ll be too much for the boys at Willoughby
Pius by 12
Not sure about your take there MJ, Aloys looked of high quality against Stannies last game and due to Pius being a bit unsteady against Trinity, Aloys should secure the game this coming Saturday, and will cause too much havoc for Pius.

Mikal Jordan

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure about your take there MJ, Aloys looked of high quality against Stannies last game and due to Pius being a bit unsteady against Trinity, Aloys should secure the game this coming Saturday, and will cause too much havoc for Pius.
Saying Aloys result against stannies is a better result than Pius vs trinity is blasphemy!
Most people on this forum claim Pats are going to be forerunners for the comp but they drew to Trinity 17-17 so what makes Pius’ performance against trinity (losing by 5) make it unsteady. And Pius have already shown they can beat aloys

Shoreonthepayroll

Frank Row (1)
Opens ISA representative selections

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 12.37.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 12.37.12 pm.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 454
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 12.37.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 12.37.24 pm.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 450