• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone know about the 16's ISA team as i think there could be a few 1's players lingering in there, so wondering if the team list is posted anywhere?

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good evening gentlemen
thought i cross over from the mighty Combined Associated School page and share my thoughts on this weekends Independent Sporting Association's fixture against the might of St Aloysius. as always feel free to tell me how wrong i am.

Pius vs Aloys: as favourites for this years ISA wooden spoon, i'm very confident Pius' fluke at Oxford Falls will be rewritten this Saturday. while many are calling this an extremely engaging matchup, I believe Aloys' devastation on the flanks and thunder through the middle will be too much for the boys from Chatswood, and i expect Pius' confidence coming out of Trinity to be completely diminished by the might of Milsons Point. Special mention also to Aloys number 11, who is returning from an injury he suffered play in 15 in the previous Pius fixture, best of luck to him, as hearing he has extra motivation this weekend. Also hearing that Aloysius number 2 may be suspended from rugby this weekend, as staff members at his school caught him skipping class and instead visiting his favourite fast food eatery in Milsons Point (Batch Burgers for those interested), however i am confident that even in his absence the boys from the College will easily overpower the might of St Pius X. Aloys 40+

bill clune

Bob McCowan (2)
Good evening gentlemen
thought i cross over from the mighty Combined Associated School page and share my thoughts on this weekends Independent Sporting Association's fixture against the might of St Aloysius. as always feel free to tell me how wrong i am.

Pius vs Aloys: as favourites for this years ISA wooden spoon, i'm very confident Pius' fluke at Oxford Falls will be rewritten this Saturday. while many are calling this an extremely engaging matchup, I believe Aloys' devastation on the flanks and thunder through the middle will be too much for the boys from Chatswood, and i expect Pius' confidence coming out of Trinity to be completely diminished by the might of Milsons Point. Special mention also to Aloys number 11, who is returning from an injury he suffered play in 15 in the previous Pius fixture, best of luck to him, as hearing he has extra motivation this weekend. Also hearing that Aloysius number 2 may be suspended from rugby this weekend, as staff members at his school caught him skipping class and instead visiting his favourite fast food eatery in Milsons Point (Batch Burgers for those interested), however i am confident that even in his absence the boys from the College will easily overpower the might of St Pius X. Aloys 40+
Interesting take LG, number 15 returning playing winger should be one to keep an eye out for hopefully plays well and the replacement for number 2 has to step up on Saturday. Should be a close game, could go either way.

workingdasnipe

Peter Burge (5)
Good evening gentlemen

Do you have any information on if the 10 and 13 are playing for Aloys? Heard murmurs they are not due to a little scuffle over a chess game but am yet to seek clarification.

bill clune

Bob McCowan (2)
Do you have any information on if the 10 and 13 are playing for Aloys? Heard murmurs they are not due to a little scuffle over a chess game but am yet to seek clarification.
Heard about that, they seem to be out just for this week also heard they are some of the better players in that team so without them it may sway to Pius this Saturday at Willoughby.

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
hi lachie Goon, mate ive seen your comment saing "feel free to tell me how wrong i am" and mate try not to take offence to this but that paragraph may be the worst view of isa ive ever seen, i dont support either teams, im in a neutral position viewing this situation and being a ISA rep selector for 25+ years id like to add that you may be abit delusional:)
Hey Trent
while I don't contest your credentials as a seasoned independent Sporting Associations selector for the previous 25 years, I do take great offence at your opinion that I am delusional. My father once told me atop our bellevue heights home that Pius are a small school and would never live up to the might of my beloved Crankbrook and other Combined Associated School's. While I'm sure you have watched your fair share of ISA football during your many years at the helm, I believe my wealth of knowledge in CAS is enough for my opinion to have the utmost validity.

LG out

Good evening gentlemen

Honestly Pius are the most useless group of left footers I've ever come across they need to pull their fingers out of their arses ASAP or unfortunately they will not contest for the ISA shield whatsoever

Phil Miller

Frank Row (1)
Pius vs Aloys:

I am excited for this game, from what i have heard both camps are ready to go fight for the Ross Fagan Shield, yes Pius beat Aloys last time they met, after Aloys vs Stannies i have to with the boys from Milsons point, there determination the whole game allowed them to come back in the dying minutes and tie the game up, although they lost it was the best aloys performance i had seen in a while. Meanwhile Pius showed some great determination and grit against Trinity, which in my opinion are worse than the boys from Aloys, but never the less they put a great game together. I have to back the boys from Aloys this week, they are looking in good stead to put a substantial number on the boys form Chatswood, im looking forward to another dominant performance from the forwards this week.

Mils out

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Barker 36 St Pats 14

A tough game for Black today but they hung in there quite well. They were giving 10-15 plus kilos away for every forward and it showed. Pats were able to secire some ball and had good patches of play lae in the first half and late in the second. Pats gave away three easy tries early on and were chading the game from that point onwards. Despite and excellent 2nd phase try scored in the first half followed by a bustling run from their lock to make it 2, Barker looked control of the game for most part.

15 for Barker was classy and very quick - very good on the counter attack.

The Pats backline was probably their standout, but props to Black 7 and 5 who busted their guts.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Knox- 26- Augs 13. Terrible conditions out at rat park with mud all over the field. Conditions suited knox large pack but augs stayed in the fight all game bringing it as close as 4 points down early in the 2nd half. In my opinion great display from Augs up against one of CAS front runners Knox who played well to the conditions.