• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Mikal Jordan

Stan Wickham (3)
Pius down 25-26 against Aloys
Lads from Pius scored 5 tries but were unable to convert any
They were up 25-12 with about 10 to go however aloys pulled it back to score with about 2 minutes to go
Congrats to Aloys - played a very strategical game
Pius will have to learn from this game
can see a very tight ISA season which will be great to watch

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just a couple weeks out from the start of the ISA season, does anyone have any updated ladder predictions after what we’ve seen from these trial games?

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Lots of tight matches over the weekend which is great to see. Long may that continue.

Oakhill host Waverley
Pats host Barker
Auggies host Knox
Cranbrook host Kinross
Trinity host Gregs
Sydney Grammar host Stannies*
Sydney High host Stannies*
Aloys host Pius (edit)

* Stannies playing both teams this weekend. I assume it's 1s playing Grammar and 2s playing High but Ive listed both as the GPS site doesn't say which one.
Rond 3 Trials Results:
Oakhill 24 - 21
Barker 36 - 14
Knox 26 - 13
Cranbrook 47 - 12
Gregs 31 - 25
Aloys 26 - 25
Stannies 15 - 12

As predicted, a lot of tight games this weekend. I suspect Barker wold have wanted to put more points on Pats, but Pats try line defence was dogged. An excellent win for Oakhill and I would consider just regard for the tough matches they have played so far. Auggies will be disappointed for the loss but given the ground surface they were on, I dont think we can draw to much from that. Bitterly disappointing for Pius to go down (and on the bell no less) but happy to see Aloys get a win. A good win close win for Stannies over Grammar and they appear to be building nicely.

However, match of the round HAS to go to Gregs. To head to Summer Hill and take on what appears to be a good Trinity side and beat them is no mean feat. Gregs certainly apear to be having some good pre-season form and I hope they are able to continue with it in to the season proper. Well done lads.

Early ISA season predictions - I have one. It's going to be a hard fought year and every game is up for grabs. Oakhill may have a nose in front at this stage, but as for everyone else? Who knows. It's going to be a great season :)

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Games for this weekend:
Date: 20-5-23
Grammar host St. Pats
Knox host Oakhill
Waverley host Auggies
Stannies host Cranbrook
Kinross host Trinity
Gregs host Aloys

I dont know what Pius are up to so if anyone knows, post it up here

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Re-posted games for this weekend:
Grammar host Pats
Knox host Oakhill
Waverley host Auggies
Stannies host Cranbrook
Kinross host Trinity
Gregs host Aloys
Barker 2nds host Pius (edit)

Last edited:
Pius down 25-26 against Aloys
Lads from Pius scored 5 tries but were unable to convert any
They were up 25-12 with about 10 to go however aloys pulled it back to score with about 2 minutes to go
Congrats to Aloys - played a very strategical game
Pius will have to learn from this game
can see a very tight ISA season which will be great to watch
Pius are out of the equation, can we end this joke as its no longer funny

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here you go DaSchmooze. Addressed it for you. Schoolboys up to their tricks again.
I must concur R/D
I myself brought up a similar issue on the Combined Associated Schools forum but was brutally silenced by the powers that be. This point is that many on these forums' only purpose are to belittle our love for the great game of schoolboy-level rugby. As I attended my nephew's game at St Aloysius College Oval this Saturday (foolishly his father chose not to continue our proud Cranbrook family legacy) he alerted me to the fact that several of his friends are active members of these forums who act only in the purpose to push agendas of their respective schools and add nothing constructive to the table!!! let's hope the rascals can be caught and properly dealt with!!!

In regards to the game, however, it was a delightful affair with Aloys managing to come out with the win in a narrow affair to take out the Ross Fagan Memorial Shield. Special shoutouts must go to St Aloysius #7, who scored a double including the late winning try, although I found it interesting when my nephew referred to him as "Porky Parker". Number #11, also had a terrific game after he was moved back to his traditional position, looked like he was playing with a lot less weight on his shoulders.

Also caught a glimpse of the Aloysius 1st XI football, however, the less said about that the better, with number 11 having an unfortunate game including an own goal and a red card!!!

Viva la Brook for this weekend against Stannies!!!!

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
Just a couple weeks out from the start of the ISA season, does anyone have any updated ladder predictions after what we’ve seen from these trial games?
Yes ill give it a shot.

1. Auggies I think overall they have the best side through forwards and the backs, they have also had convincing wins in the trial games so far except for the hiccup last weekend against knox but the conditions were appalling, give both teams a dry track and it could go either way.
2. Oakhill These boys will still be very strong too, they will definitely be an isa powerhouse im putting them at second purely because i feel like augs will have the upper hand when they play each other.
3. Pats will be a strong side still with their 10 and 15 but i think two people can't win a comp there position in the ladder may change however as it stands I think they will fall into 3RD place.
4.stannies not sure on these lads however in the past years they have cause some upsets so i'll be watching them
5. Kinross i think the country boys will be decent this year as always but i don't think can compete with the sydney schools
6. pius not too sure on them yet i think they may have the potential but ehh i don't think they are up to it

Feel free to oppose this just stating what I think.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes ill give it a shot.

1. Auggies I think overall they have the best side through forwards and the backs, they have also had convincing wins in the trial games so far except for the hiccup last weekend against knox but the conditions were appalling, give both teams a dry track and it could go either way.
2. Oakhill These boys will still be very strong too, they will definitely be an isa powerhouse im putting them at second purely because i feel like augs will have the upper hand when they play each other.
3. Pats will be a strong side still with their 10 and 15 but i think two people can't win a comp there position in the ladder may change however as it stands I think they will fall into 3RD place.
4.stannies not sure on these lads however in the past years they have cause some upsets so i'll be watching them
5. Kinross i think the country boys will be decent this year as always but i don't think can compete with the sydney schools
6. pius not too sure on them yet i think they may have the potential but ehh i don't think they are up to it

I think you're missing a school from your ladder....

TheRugbyGuru_97

Frank Row (1)
Yes ill give it a shot.

any thoughts on Gregs?

Yes ill give it a shot.

James my friend youve got it all wrong.
1.) Oakhill is my number one a strong pack followed up by some hard hitting backs i believe these bunch of boys will go all the way this year
2.) pius these boys are fearless with heaps of ticker, i believe they will give oakhill a good run for their money when it comes down to it, a quick backline with heaps of hard hitting ball runners
3.) Augs the boys in green and gold just dont have it this year, there lacking speed in their outside backs, although they do have a couple of key players i just dont think those players will get them over the line, when theres still players in their back row clearly lacking strength and knoweldge of this great came we call rugby union