• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Last weekend of trials coming up:

Date: 27-5-23
Waverley host Gregs (this will be a real acid test for Gregs)
Pats host Knox (given the injuries Pats are carrying, this one will be tough)
Stannies host Barker (improving form from Stannies but I dont see Barker losing this)
Cranbrook host Auggies (match up of the round - hopefully on a dry track this time round)
Trinity host Oakhill (Oakhill at a canter)
Kinross host Aloys (It's going to be long trip home for Aloys. Kinross by a healthy margin)
Waverley 2nds host Pius (I think -the Waverley website wasn't conclusive but I think that's what's happening. Pius will account for Waves 2nds)
Waverley +20
Knox +10
Barker +20
Cranbrook +30
Oakhill +3
Aloys +10
Waves 2s +5

workingdasnipe

Peter Burge (5)
Last weekend of trials coming up:

Date: 27-5-23
Waverley host Gregs (this will be a real acid test for Gregs)
Pats host Knox (given the injuries Pats are carrying, this one will be tough)
Stannies host Barker (improving form from Stannies but I dont see Barker losing this)
Cranbrook host Auggies (match up of the round - hopefully on a dry track this time round)
Trinity host Oakhill (Oakhill at a canter)
Kinross host Aloys (It's going to be long trip home for Aloys. Kinross by a healthy margin)
Waverley 2nds host Pius (I think -the Waverley website wasn't conclusive but I think that's what's happening. Pius will account for Waves 2nds)
Another great weekend of footy is ahead!

Agree with all your tips schmooze, However, from a gander at the CAS forum, I noticed St Aloysius was missing their #7, #8, #10, and #12 against St Gregs last week. Supposedly 3 of the 4 injuries are returning this weekend. Hopefully adding a bit of firepower to their side, Meaning I wouldn't count out the boys from Milsons Point after a few solid performances to start the season.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts. Enjoy your Monday evening gents.

WDS

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Another great weekend of footy is ahead!

Agree with all your tips schmooze, However, from a gander at the CAS forum, I noticed St Aloysius was missing their #7, #8, #10, and #12 against St Gregs last week. Supposedly 3 of the 4 injuries are returning this weekend. Hopefully adding a bit of firepower to their side, Meaning I wouldn't count out the boys from Milsons Point after a few solid performances to start the season.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts. Enjoy your Monday evening gents.

WDS
Could well be the case WDS. I think a lot of schools have really god teams running around but the difference between them tends to be what happens when your second stringers take the field as injury replacement. Some schools have the depth and others dont.

I think Kinross' win over Trinity last week probably speaks to where they are at at the moment. They had a poo season last year, but appear to have started this year well with really rock solid wins - their only loss being against Cranbrook (who appear to be having a great year themselves).

On a slightly different note, I'm really pleased to see all ISA teams rhis year enjoying a measure of success in the trials. Oakhill have done it the toughest with only one win, but given the quality of their trial schedule, I think they can be forgiven for that :)

Waverley +20
Knox +10
Barker +20
Cranbrook +30
Oakhill +3
Aloys +10
Waves 2s +5
Not too sure about these tips, they seem a bit biased...

Personally have the almighty Waves, led by captain Jonas 'the hippo' Dowling to win by 35+ (2nds 15+), judging by the few past fixtures Cranbrook has barely been scraping by despite a lot of the young talent, I'm expecting a major Cranbrook loss by at least 20, preferably more .... and Barker will decimate stannies 40+.
UL,

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Waverley host Gregs - Waverley have improved week on week. Gregs have been consistent. Waverley to win
Pats host Knox - Knox came home very strong in the last 20 mins last week. Pats accordingly have a lot of injuries. Based on that Knox to win.
Stannies host Barker - Travelling west is always a leveller. Barker will be too strong. Barker to win.
Cranbrook host Auggies - Both teams consistent in the trials. Should be a good game. Auggies to win.
Trinity host Oakhill - If Oakhill can play for longer than 50 minutes it should be a win for Oaks.
Kinross host Aloys - Once again travelling west makes it difficult. Kinrosss showing some form. Kinross to win.
Waverley 2nds host Pius - Pius should be too strong after some promising results. Pius to win.

Jack Gallagher

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pius production line looking improved. Produced some quality first colts players across gordon and norths over the past 2-3 years. Great to see the program is helping players out after school. Pius notorious for having poor alumni post hooper and jones.