• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Silver Back

Bob McCowan (2)
Buddy
I can count on 1 hand the amount of ISA wins Pius have had In the last 5 years.
With a close game against their rivals - you expect them to stay quiet. I can tell you right now St Pats wouldn’t do that

Heard the score was roughly 44 - 21 with CCC getting up on the day. However, I am surprised with the lack of the St Pats boys being selected within the representative sides as they came runners up last season and tracking decently this season with their key players such as their 7 (Pats Captain), 12, 8 and 5 missing out on selection. Any news why Conti has pulled out of ISA, is it due to injury or other commitments.

Pats players 5, 7 and 8 are the better forwards (all in Pats Firsts last year) not selected, no idea why. 8 was in ISA 2nds last year. It all seems a bit strange until you cast your mind back to 2018 when Mark Nawaqanitawase couldn't make ISA Firsts or any other school rep team and then went straight into the junior wallabies and the Waratahs squad in 2019, so these selections don't always make total sense.
The Pats 12 is one of the better backs, was selected in ISA squad but currently out injured. Conti got a cut requiring stitches on the weekend just gone so is out injured for a short time.

ratparkmerchant

Frank Row (1)
Pats players 5, 7 and 8 are the better forwards (all in Pats Firsts last year) not selected, no idea why. 8 was in ISA 2nds last year. It all seems a bit strange until you cast your mind back to 2018 when Mark Nawaqanitawase couldn't make ISA Firsts or any other school rep team and then went straight into the junior wallabies and the Waratahs squad in 2019, so these selections don't always make total sense.
The Pats 12 is one of the better backs, was selected in ISA squad but currently out injured. Conti got a cut requiring stitches on the weekend just gone so is out injured for a short time.
I believe pats 7 & 8 were both late call ups to isa 3s before their last game against AICES

NotStraight

Bob McCowan (2)
Pats and ISA have always never mixed well, even last year when coming runners up and beating auggies, no Pats boy was selected in ISA 1s and only 3 in ISA 2s. The selection process has always been interesting to me as it is confusing why there has to be trials instead of doing it like CAS and GPS and the boys get selected off in game performance.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pats and ISA have always never mixed well, even last year when coming runners up and beating auggies, no Pats boy was selected in ISA 1s and only 3 in ISA 2s. The selection process has always been interesting to me as it is confusing why there has to be trials instead of doing it like CAS and GPS and the boys get selected off in game performance.
The most prominent of the Pats boys for selection also play league and would have been at the CIS carnival last year

NotStraight

Bob McCowan (2)
The most prominent of the Pats boys for selection also play league and would have been at the CIS carnival last year
I don't think this is the case with Pats only having 3 boys who play representative league with that being Woods at the bulldogs, Conti at the tigers and the 12 at the dragons.

loudnproudscotsdaddy

Stan Wickham (3)
O.I option: 10 plays at 10 then shifts out to 12, 13 runs an unders line which in turn questions 10, further creating an overlap when 12 is unsure whether to assist on the possible short ball or stick to playing wide against the running 10. Conversely, the 12 drifts out congruent to the 13, where the blind winger (11) is trailing around 3 meters behind the 10. A play out the back may create a warranted 3 on 2 overlap, therefore a short or long pass will find space down the sideline.

loudnproudscotsdaddy

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah, Mogi Olafangui played gun in this match up his post contact metres were through the roof
Yes I believe so, he is the cousin of the gun prop for QLD Moeaki Fotuaika. Kinross recruited him from NZ, gun player from Kelston boys high but looking for an alternative country lifestyle. Watch out for the boys in blue and white this year!

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Allen Oxlade (6)
Congrats to all the ISA lads that were selected into any of the NSW’s sides after todays games. Noticed that a young Pius old boy Gus Paterson (ISA 2nds 2022) was selected in the NSW barbarians. Wonder how they would’ve gone this year with him in the side.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
ISA boys selected to move forward to the next level of rep rugby:

Joe Walsh - Auggies - Gen Blue
Sam Blank - Auggies - Gen Blue

Luke Muriti - Oakhill - NSW Schools 1
Ryan Jacobs - Oakhill - NSW Schools 1
Thomas Allogia - Oakhill - NSW Schools 1
Taite Howells - Oakhill - NSW Schools 1
Aron Brennan - Auggies - NSW Schools 1

Connor Wilkin - Stannies - NSW Schools 2
John Cameron-Murphy - St Andrews Cathedral School (Div 2 ISA) - NSW Schools 2
Mitchell Holmes - Oakhill - NSW Schools 2

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Congrats to all the ISA lads that were selected into any of the NSW’s sides after todays games. Noticed that a young Pius old boy Gus Paterson (ISA 2nds 2022) was selected in the NSW barbarians. Wonder how they would’ve gone this year with him in the side.
Ex ISA ( Oakhill) Lachlan Doheny selected in Waratah academy squad . Unavailable for schools last year due to injury. Jono Whebe also ex Oakhill selected in NSW juniors team. Congratulations to all the boys yesterday. Massive effort from the ISA 1’s against a stacked GPS team. I think you were assumed to be cannon fodder for the GPS boys selection run but you gave them a massive fight

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Ex ISA ( Oakhill) Lachlan Doheny selected in Waratah academy squad . Unavailable for schools last year due to injury. Jono Whebe also ex Oakhill selected in NSW juniors team. Congratulations to all the boys yesterday. Massive effort from the ISA 1’s against a stacked GPS team. I think you were assumed to be cannon fodder for the GPS boys selection run but you gave them a massive fight
Agreed, awesome gritty game. Thought a few more ISA boys got unlucky to miss out on Gen Blue and schools teams, I guess that's just how it all works out though. Boys should be giving themselves a pat on the back for leading against a much more sizeable GPS outfit. Only shows improvement throughout the schools which is promising for the whole competition!

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe St Augustine’s play Shore at Narrabeen this weekend. That is the only holiday game I am aware of throughout the comp.

Gutho12

Frank Row (1)
Anyone have any updated predictions on how the ladder may look at the end of the season, based off recent rounds its hard to say that trial form has had much importance to how the season may play out. It looked good for Gregs and Kinross but over recent rounds they have suffered. The tight game between Pius and Pats seemed as though Pius have spark within their team. Whilst Oakhill and Auggies, are still the favourites.

My Current Prediction
1. Auggies
2. Oakhill
(Could take 1st, the game of the season will obviously be Oakhill and Auggies and i would put either teams at 1st.)
3. Pats (I see them having a chance at one of the top two teams, but they will have to play at their best if they wish to get any higher.)
4. Pius (Based off the points they were able to score against Auggies, and their close performance against Pats i believe they could get 4th if they keep it going.)
5. Gregs (Two large scores put on them however, i believe they do have potential to beat some of the lower teams in ISA.)
6. Kinross (I'm still basing this off their trial performance but with the bye round its hard to see how they play.)
7. Stannies (A lot of hard home games for them i will see them struggling to win an away game.)

Just my predictions, no hate to anyone.