• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Anyone have any updated predictions on how the ladder may look at the end of the season, based off recent rounds its hard to say that trial form has had much importance to how the season may play out. It looked good for Gregs and Kinross but over recent rounds they have suffered. The tight game between Pius and Pats seemed as though Pius have spark within their team. Whilst Oakhill and Auggies, are still the favourites.

My Current Prediction
1. Auggies
2. Oakhill
(Could take 1st, the game of the season will obviously be Oakhill and Auggies and i would put either teams at 1st.)
3. Pats (I see them having a chance at one of the top two teams, but they will have to play at their best if they wish to get any higher.)
4. Pius (Based off the points they were able to score against Auggies, and their close performance against Pats i believe they could get 4th if they keep it going.)
5. Gregs (Two large scores put on them however, i believe they do have potential to beat some of the lower teams in ISA.)
6. Kinross (I'm still basing this off their trial performance but with the bye round its hard to see how they play.)
7. Stannies (A lot of hard home games for them i will see them struggling to win an away game.)

Just my predictions, no hate to anyone.
First round back with Oakhill v Augs at Oakhill should go pretty close to deciding the ISA champs. As mentioned previously it will be a big ask for Augs as it is Oakhill gala day so the home crowd should be huge. Pats definitely a chance to upset the apple cart though. Don't be surprised to see some much improved showings from Gregs though as the rep rugby league is very close to a finish so players may return.

CameronL

Frank Row (1)
Anyone have any updated predictions on how the ladder may look at the end of the season, based off recent rounds its hard to say that trial form has had much importance to how the season may play out. It looked good for Gregs and Kinross but over recent rounds they have suffered. The tight game between Pius and Pats seemed as though Pius have spark within their team. Whilst Oakhill and Auggies, are still the favourites.

My Current Prediction
1. Auggies
2. Oakhill
(Could take 1st, the game of the season will obviously be Oakhill and Auggies and i would put either teams at 1st.)
3. Pats (I see them having a chance at one of the top two teams, but they will have to play at their best if they wish to get any higher.)
4. Pius (Based off the points they were able to score against Auggies, and their close performance against Pats i believe they could get 4th if they keep it going.)
5. Gregs (Two large scores put on them however, i believe they do have potential to beat some of the lower teams in ISA.)
6. Kinross (I'm still basing this off their trial performance but with the bye round its hard to see how they play.)
7. Stannies (A lot of hard home games for them i will see them struggling to win an away game.)

Just my predictions, no hate to anyone.
I have Gregs finishing third they have Kinross next away and will play their last three games at home including Pius at home.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Oakhill went down to Cranbrook today 37-28, despite Oakhill leading halfway through the second half 28-26. Cranbrook switched back on and late tries blew out Oakhill's candle. Similar score difference to the one of Cranbrook and Auggies a while ago, Oakhill and Auggies might go down to the wire next week, should be a great game accompanied with great atmosphere.

EyesUpFooty

Frank Row (1)
Augs 24 - Shore 19
Wow, what a turnout for Augs. Those boys are definitely looking promising this year, their game against Oakhill this week will say alot about whats to come for the rest of the season.

Players to look out for:
-Joe Walsh (as always)
-Jarrah Wake (exciting forward with alot to prove, especially after representing the ISA 1S)
-Aron Brennan (just been selected in the Australian Schoolboys side)

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Round 3 ISA 22-7-23:

Oakhill host Auggies - No prize for guessing this is the match of the round! What a clash it will be. Two undefeated teams going head to head with a top of the table clash. It will make for compelling viewing. Up until recently I would have had Oakhill as a mild favourite ging in to this game, but now I'm not so sure. Auggies seem to have wind in their sails at the moment and the result against Shore was one that will be remembered. Did Shore have everyone in their team? Who knows. But a win's a win - and a gratifying one at that. I'm going to say Oakhill still IF they can control the tempo of the game and play a forwards oriented attritional style, but if Auggies get some quality ball, it will be on for young and old.
Prediction - Oakhill by 5 over priced mortgages

Pats host Stannies - If the rumour mill is to be believed, then Pats have continued with their training over at West Harbour during the holiday break. The holidays couldnt have come soon enough for them given the injury toll they are carrying right now. As a supporter here's hoping that's been enough time to rehabilitate their squad. Stannies seem to be a better outfit than last year's team but, having only played Oakhill in round 1 then the BYE, have had a 4 week lay off. This could be equal measure bad, or good. It's hard to tell. Stannies tend not to travel well so I think it will be...
Prediction - Pats by 12 shiny new buildings

Kinross host Gregs - The two big improvers of this season's ISA. I think I'm right when I say that Greg's should benefit from the return of some of their league players but Kinross at home is a handful on any given day. It's a shame these two are playing now - it would be great to see them face off at season's end. I'm going to go out on a limb and say...
Prediction - Greg's by 3 with a penalty after full time

Good luck to all ISA boys this weekend.

EyesUpFooty

Frank Row (1)
My predictions for this weeks game are as follows,

Oakhill vs Augs: Auggies to win by 2 after a close matchup (potential bias)
Pats vs Stannies: Pats by 12-15 (conti has been on fire recently)
Kinross vs Gregs: Gregs by 5 (due to returning players from the dark side)

Kind regards,
EyesUpFooty

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill host Auggies - Gala Day at Oakhill should bring a good crowd and atmosphere. Both teams showing good form prior to the break and were well represented in the 2023 Rep Teams. In the holidays, Auggies got up over Shore (a good win), Oaks went down to Cranbrook when leading and then lost in the last 10 mins when down to 14 players. Not much between both teams. I'm going to say Oakhill due to home ground and Gala Day atmosphere.

Pats host Stannies - Pats were showing good form prior to break. Stannies only game didn't give a great indication of what they potentially could do. Stannies travelling has in the past impacted teams. Pats at home with their forwards continuing to provide enough ball to their backs should give Pats a comfortable win.

Kinross host Gregs - Interesting game. Kinross showed promise with some trial form, however their only ISA game wasn't a good indication of the team. Gregs have been a little inconsistent, however if the league players return and travel out west then I give Gregs the win. If the league players don't travel then its a Kinross win. I know I've hedged my bets but that's how I see it.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Great day out at Breen today. The sun was shining, the grandstand and Old Boys corner was full and the Rugby was fantastic.

As predicted, the Pats forwards managed to secure enough ball to let the Pats backs loose and let loose they did. I havent seen a Pats backline that's been able to score off so much variety with first phase ball. In both halves they scored from scrums and the ease at which they did it was impressive. That's not to say that Stannies werent defedning well, they were. But the unpredicatble nature of what was going on made life hard for them. In the second Stannies started to defend flat which allowed a few tries being scored from Pats via chip and chase.

Both teams had equal amounts of possession, but Pats made far more of what they had.

The back three for Stannies threatened all afternoon and they're very quick. Stannies forward pack wasn't able to get dominanace at scrum time but they are all big, willing and eager.

For Pats, in the forwards 7 and 8 had massive games (7 plays like he's twice the size he is) and the usual suspects in the backs (10 and 15) had their usual imopressive games. For mine, I thought the centre paring today had a cracker. Probably unsung heroes given the hype but their lines are fantatstic and they capitalise on the opportunities they have.

Comisserations to Stannies but a very good win for Black.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
What was the game like Hank? I thought it would be closer (and a different result) than that.
Oakhill defended brilliantly for the first 10 minutes after a wave of penalties. 0 possession but score 0-0 . Finally with a bit of ball Oakhill put on 2 quick tries for a 12-0 lead and it looked like they answered all Auggies questions but had plenty of their own to ask. Auggies came back to have it 12 -10 by half time.
Second half was all Auggies with plenty of variety and fast ball movement after solid platform by the forwards.
Best players were Auggies halves, 13 and 15

Sammicheals

Bob McCowan (2)
Pats 55 to Stannies 17

All class shown by Pats today with some great set piece leading to many of todays tries. The Pats back line was all class and truly showed why they are premiership contenders, but the talent shown in the backline is helped by a hard working forward pack up front. St Pats hadn’t beat Stannies since 2007 and hadn’t won an ISA game in 4 years before last year. They’ve had a true turn around and are certainly a change of an ISA premiership on their day