• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

belowthesternum

Bob McCowan (2)
Link Below for Video of Oakhill-Knox Game.
It was great to see and hear a great atmosphere from the Oakhill crowd throughout the game. I'm sure it certainly helped lift them for the occasion of Gala day.
No. 13 was great scoring a Hat-trick and I think the bold leaping take from No 4 off the kick off really set the tone and intensity from Oakhill for the rest of the game.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
id have to disagree its been seen throughout the entire pre season trial matches ISA teams of predominantly been defeating CAS schools

G'day ISA guys, I am a CAS Waves old boy/ Waves dad of 2 boys who just left/follower, etc (E) All the above in a multiple choice question :)

I have to say, i think you should listen a bit more to your wise DaShoomze colleague.

A weekend/ a few wins in a preseason doesn't mean a lot long term, nor does it mean a big statement about the immediate supremacy of the ISA comp over any other other comp. In fact, IMO what it does support is my current belief that both Auggies and Oakhill should be part of the CAS rugby comp.That will upset others in both comps, but sufficient time and results support this IMO.

Oakhill were clearly dominant against Knox on Sat, but had Auggies not converted a last play try against the Waves, and the Waves won, would the same be said. I could also be cheeky and say had that Waves side played more games together, it was their first game together this year, and it was played at Death Valley(Queens Park) I wonder! Irrelevant now, Auggies won, but fair to say, many Auggies posters probably thought they were done in this game and got a massive reality check.

None of which matters, what does matter is having a strong competition with games like this going forward.
I am quite sure that if this new comp was formed it would most certainly compete very strongly against the GPS rep teams come that time.
But again that's just bragging rights and a 1 off set of games what does matter is the quality of a competition.

I know an association means a lot more than just rugby, but hasn't the time come to separate Rugby from all other schools co-curricula activities? For a whole lot of reasons like competitiveness and safety!

I might sound crazy, but ha of course I can't see that.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
G'day ISA guys, I am a CAS Waves old boy/ Waves dad of 2 boys who just left/follower, etc (E) All the above in a multiple choice question :)

I have to say, i think you should listen a bit more to your wise DaShoomze colleague.

A weekend/ a few wins in a preseason doesn't mean a lot long term, nor does it mean a big statement about the immediate supremacy of the ISA comp over any other other comp. In fact, IMO what it does support is my current belief that both Auggies and Oakhill should be part of the CAS rugby comp.That will upset others in both comps, but sufficient time and results support this IMO.

Oakhill were clearly dominant against Knox on Sat, but had Auggies not converted a last play try against the Waves, and the Waves won, would the same be said. I could also be cheeky and say had that Waves side played more games together, it was their first game together this year, and it was played at Death Valley(Queens Park) I wonder! Irrelevant now, Auggies won, but fair to say, many Auggies posters probably thought they were done in this game and got a massive reality check.

None of which matters, what does matter is having a strong competition with games like this going forward.
I am quite sure that if this new comp was formed it would most certainly compete very strongly against the GPS rep teams come that time.
But again that's just bragging rights and a 1 off set of games what does matter is the quality of a competition.

I know an association means a lot more than just rugby, but hasn't the time come to separate Rugby from all other schools co-curricula activities? For a whole lot of reasons like competitiveness and safety!

100% agree with that. It would be much better for schoolboy rugby as a whole, teams like Aloys and Trinity (maybe even Cranbrook/Barker) would play fairer opponents and thus closer games. I have to say once ISA season starts, this year like the last should see Oakhill/Auggies steamroll through and play each other in a grand final-like match.

Here's why I agree with you WLF3. Auggies/Oakhill's (maybe even Stannies) rugby programs are already 25+ teams strong and building, if the respective associations combined, we could see a 2 tiered competition...

TIER 1:
Waverley
Knox
Auggies
Oakhill
Stannies
Barker
Cranbrook

TIER 2:
Kinross
Gregs
Pius
Trinity
Aloys
Pats

TIER 3:
ISA Div 2 schools
Maybe Aloys as well

Now, this isn't the perfect solution. In a world where I would control, there would be 2 different respective competitions over 2 terms.

Late Term 1/Holidays: Preseason/trial games to light the furnaces.

Term 2: Respective competitions, GPS revert back to 6-game comp, they keep their precious tradition. Same for ISA and CAS.

Term 3: A resurrection of the Waratah Shield. ISA,CAS,GPS, schools placed in a massive bracket, do or die. 19 schools in, 1 wins and is truthfully crowned... The best school in NSW. Maybe even Queensland follow suit and the best schools from each have their own State of Origin.

A good idea in theory, but the logistics of it would be a nightmare, leave that to someone who did Maths in highschool...

Sheldon Cooper

Frank Row (1)
Hello, fellow users of the green and gold ISA forum, the Oakhill College Gala day was a great success with Oakhill only losing two games against Knox Grammer School across age groups.
Some notable standouts across age groups include :
6ths - Chrisitan "Bulldog" Vargas - Who you could say has that "bull" dog in him.
5ths - Cedric " The Woo" Xiao - The try scoring machine was in full flight this weekend scoring in the corner and pleasing all spectators
4ths - Tommy " Tax Payer" Williams - Instant impact of the bench from the front rower and should be expecting a call up from the 3rds this week
3rds - Redmond " Big Bird " Power - Redmond was outstanding on the defensive end and stroke fear into the opposition after his off season bulk saw him put on 20kg of pure Irish muscle.
2nds - Garry " Gazza" Roberts - Was a clear standout in this weekends game depsite the loss the man from South Africa can only keep his head high after such a great performance.
1st - Mitchell " The Tank" Holmes - 3 tries what more can I say about the man from western sydney.

Bazinga!!

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Weekly wrap up -

Result of the Week - so many to choose from but I would think Auggies last gasp try to level and conversion to win against Waverley gets the nod
Honourable mention - goes to Greg's getting up over Trinity. I'd need to check, but I'd imagine Gregs dont get too many up over CAS opponents so a great result out there in Gregory Hills

PS - Stannies!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYY????? We were so close!

Trial May 25th 2024:
Result:
Auggies v Waverley​
26 - 24 W​
Gregs v Trinity​
15 - 12 W​
Kinross v Cranbrook​
32 - 26 W​
Oakhill v Knox​
35 - 12 W​
Pats v Grammar​
29 - 5 W​
Pius v Aloys​
40 - 0 W​
Stannies v Barker​
49 - 5 L​

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)

You're using reason and logic WLF3!

Interestingly enough, having spoken to a few people around the traps for a few years now, whilst once upon a time there may have been a desire for schools to be admitted to CAS, given the successful nature of ISA sport in general (and having to juggle multiple schools and co-ed environments) there doesnt appear to be any desire to change things.

I think this trial format that we have now is actually working quite well. Less strong programs have an opportunity to face off against like for like opposition, whilst the rest of us get to speculate outcomes without ever having to prove ourselves right or wrong!!!! :)

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Last weekend of trials everyone. Last chance to put some form on the board before the comp begins.

Saturday June 1st:
Auggies v Knox @ Wahroonga - Can Auggies continue their Tour de Force?
Gregs v Aloys @ Willoughby - Gregs on a roll here. But a close game for sure
Kinross v Trinity @ Summer Hill - Kinross to continue their good trial form I suspect
Oakhill v Waverley @ Queens Park - Match of the round here. Strenght in numbers at Castle Hill but can they replicate it at Death Valley?
Pats v Barker @ Hornsby - A tough assignment for Black this week
Pius v Central Coast Grammar - CCGS been perfroming well int he Div 2 comp but I hope things dont get too ugly at Oxford Falls. Pius by lots
Stannies v Cranbrook @ Bellevue Hill - The tipsters nightmares take on each other. Stannies with injuries in the Opens to deal with?

Footylegend2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Last weekend of trials everyone. Last chance to put some form on the board before the comp begins.

Saturday June 1st:
Kinross v Trinity @ Summer Hill - Kinross to continue their good trial form I suspect
Oakhill v Waverley @ Queens Park - Match of the round here. Strenght in numbers at Castle Hill but can they replicate it at Death Valley?
Pius v Central Coast Grammar - CCGS been perfroming well int he Div 2 comp but I hope things dont get too ugly at Oxford Falls. Pius by lots
Stannies v Cranbrook @ Bellevue Hill - The tipsters nightmares take on each other. Stannies with injuries in the Opens to deal with?

Predictions this round
Auggies 10+
Gregs 5+
Kinross 2+
Waverley 5+
Barker 15+
Pius 30+
Cranbrook 2+

number8bro

Bob McCowan (2)

Saturday June 1st:
Auggies v Knox
Auggies by 20+

Gregs v Aloys
Gregs by 15+ (Gregs looking decently strong this year, not to sure about Aloys, not looking good for them this year)

Kinross v Trinity
Kinross by 7+ (Kinross seem to be having a cracker of a pre-season. Trinity having a pretty ordinary pre-season, not expecting much from them this year.)

Oakhill v Waverly
Waverly by 2+ (Going to be the most exiting game of the week!)

Pats v Barker
Barker 12+

Pius v Central Coast Grammar
Pius by 40+ (Going to be rough for the boys from Central Coast)

Stannies v Cranbrook
Cranbrook by 2+ (Not sure how Stannies are shaping up, Cranbrook should overpower them)

SuperCoach12

Frank Row (1)
Oakhill had an impressive performance, showcasing excellent skills against Knox. They emerged victorious across the board, securing a comfortable win. The majority of Oakhill's open teams achieved victory, as shown in the following results:

Oakhill 1st: Won 35-12
Oakhill 2nd: Lost 7-20
Oakhill 3rd: Won 29-12
Oakhill 4th: Won 24-5
Oakhill 5th: Won 22-14
Oakhill 6th: Won 22-17

Pull ya socks up

Bob McCowan (2)
Sock Height Wrap Up:

Oakhill hosted a cracking Gala Day this week, with all teams across all ages bar two getting the victory over Knox, however, the quality footy was not representative of the poor display in uniform.

The Ankle Height Sock Committee (AHSC) expanding rapidly this week includes:

No.11 Cyrus Bloomfield (Founder of the AHSC)
No.2 Luke Muriti (c)
No.15 Darcy Feltham
No.12 Joe Harvey

The Committee also welcomed some new faces in:
No.3 Julian Carruthers
No.8 Sam Polley
No.4 Tom Alloggia
No.6 Luca Caruso
No.13 Mitch Holmes

Big thanks to Jack Taylor-Hannify the 14 and superstar goalkicker who pulled his head in this week, and stretched his little cotton socks out, bless him.

Without further adieu, your Aesthetic Player of the Week goes to Flynn Farrell, Oakhill's 9. He would pull them up to the thigh if he could. Shirt tucked in. Short back and sides, clean and shmick. Good leader for the year 11 boys to look to following this mediocre display of uniform.

Socks up and out.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Oakhill had an impressive performance, showcasing excellent skills against Knox. They emerged victorious across the board, securing a comfortable win. The majority of Oakhill's open teams achieved victory, as shown in the following results:

Oakhill 1st: Won 35-12
Oakhill 2nd: Lost 7-20
Oakhill 3rd: Won 29-12
Oakhill 4th: Won 24-5
Oakhill 5th: Won 22-14
Oakhill 6th: Won 22-17

That's a remarkable result from them. What a great effort.

Reactions: ISA

Backintheolddays

Darby Loudon (17)
You're using reason and logic WLF3!

Interestingly enough, having spoken to a few people around the traps for a few years now, whilst once upon a time there may have been a desire for schools to be admitted to CAS, given the successful nature of ISA sport in general (and having to juggle multiple schools and co-ed environments) there doesnt appear to be any desire to change things.

I think this trial format that we have now is actually working quite well. Less strong programs have an opportunity to face off against like for like opposition, whilst the rest of us get to speculate outcomes without ever having to prove ourselves right or wrong!!!! :)
Perhaps Waverley and Knox would be interested in moving to ISA? ;)
If Barker invested in their juniors throw them a boat as well

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
100% agree with that. It would be much better for schoolboy rugby as a whole, teams like Aloys and Trinity (maybe even Cranbrook/Barker) would play fairer opponents and thus closer games. I have to say once ISA season starts, this year like the last should see Oakhill/Auggies steamroll through and play each other in a grand final-like match.

Here's why I agree with you WLF3. Auggies/Oakhill's (maybe even Stannies) rugby programs are already 25+ teams strong and building, if the respective associations combined, we could see a 2 tiered competition...

TIER 1:
Waverley
Knox
Auggies
Oakhill
Stannies
Barker
Cranbrook

TIER 2:
Kinross
Gregs
Pius
Trinity
Aloys
Pats

TIER 3:
ISA Div 2 schools
Maybe Aloys as well

Now, this isn't the perfect solution. In a world where I would control, there would be 2 different respective competitions over 2 terms.

Late Term 1/Holidays: Preseason/trial games to light the furnaces.

Term 2: Respective competitions, GPS revert back to 6-game comp, they keep their precious tradition. Same for ISA and CAS.

Term 3: A resurrection of the Waratah Shield. ISA,CAS,GPS, schools placed in a massive bracket, do or die. 19 schools in, 1 wins and is truthfully crowned... The best school in NSW. Maybe even Queensland follow suit and the best schools from each have their own State of Origin.

A good idea in theory, but the logistics of it would be a nightmare, leave that to someone who did Maths in highschool...

I think there's even an easier way to sort this out to be honest JJ. It would be a piece of piss to simply start a combined ISA/CAS comp early in Term 2. A few weeks of trials against GPS schools then in we go. For the purists, you could start the first 6 games CAS v ISA schools and then the last 6 would be your traditional intra association fixtures.

Teams could be happy to just do well in their own association games OR, they might try and win the whole thing - your choice. We're sorta kinda doing it already in an ad hoc fashion.

There would be some big score lines from time to time but nothing that we dont already see.