• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
That's 1/1 in my ISA Div 2 footy tipping. Better .....Any other results from ISA?
Oaks beat New
Augies beat CBHS
Stannies beaten by View by lots
Pius - ?
Gregs beaten by Joeys by lots
Pats - ?
Kinross -?

From other threads it looks like Shore, Scots, High, Grammar and Kings trial matches are "unaccounted" for. Aresome of these the "?" above ?
Hugh, I think Grammar was at Oxford Falls (St Pius), Kinross went over to Bathurst and played Riverview along with Stannies (Stannies 1st vs Riverview 1st, Kinross 1st vs Riverview 2nds). Not sure who Pats played yesterday.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
That's 1/1 in my ISA Div 2 footy tipping. Better than what I am doing in Super Rugby footy tipping.
Doesn't seem like there was too much in it, while the result was not the cigarette paper closeness predicted, was it close?

Any other results from ISA?
Oaks beat New
Augies beat CBHS
Stannies beaten by View by lots
Pius - ?
Gregs beaten by Joeys by lots
Pats - ?
Kinross -?

From other threads it looks like Shore, Scots, High, Grammar and Kings trial matches are "unaccounted" for. Aresome of these the "?" above ?

Redfield 61 def All Saints 13

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hugh, I think Grammar was at Oxford Falls (St Pius), Kinross went over to Bathurst and played Riverview along with Stannies (Stannies 1st vs Riverview 1st, Kinross 1st vs Riverview 2nds). Not sure who Pats played yesterday.

St Pats had internal trials/training yesterday. They play Pius next Saturday at Oxford Falls, they play Sydney Grammar the following Saturday on Breen Oval. Between now and the start of the ISA they will likely have their Waratah Shield fixture with Homebush Boys. Three games in two weeks will provide St Pats a good foundation for their first up clash with Oakhill.

As a matter of interest when are the ISA rugby trials??

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Key dates for ISA season & reps etc here
Check here for the NSW SRU Calendar
http://www.nswschoolsrugby.rugbynet.com.au/verve/_resources/2013_NSWSRU_CALENDAR_as_of_9.4.13.pdf

Key dates are there
ISA Div 2 starts on 4 May
ISA Div 1 starts on 25 May
16 June at Pittwater Park ISA I vs CHS I at 2:45 pm, ISA II vs CCC at 1:30 pm, ISA U16 vs CHS U16 at 12:30pm
21 June at Knox ISA I vs CAS I at 3:10 pm, ISA II vs CAS II at 12:50 pm

22/23 June ISA U 16's at Knox in NSW SRU champs

10 August ISA Div 1last round
24 August ISA Div 2 last round
28 August Waratah Shield Final at Foreshaw Park. Bound to be at least one ISA team in the final.

ISA U16 and opens trials on 14 May
Worth double checking but I believe 14th May

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not sure I should thank you Tom Ando for the last result. I was tipping 2 from 2 until you confirmed that.

Perhaps I should resign from tipping ISA Div 2 as I am now approaching levels of success (lack thereof) that I am getting in Footytips.com.:)

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Not sure I should thank you Tom Ando for the last result. I was tipping 2 from 2 until you confirmed that.

Perhaps I should resign from tipping ISA Div 2 as I am now approaching levels of success (lack thereof) that I am getting in Footytips.com.:)
It was only a matter of time! Thats of course unless you tipped Chev every week ;)

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone who was up at Bathurst in the weekend knows how Kinross 1st went against Riverview 2nds ? All the GPS sides were not full strength in the weekend because of athletics but a gauge for ISA teams nonetheless.

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
Having been at the river view vs Kinross game i thought i would fill in a few details.

I was quite impressed by the river view boys coming from sydney and arriving 10 mins before the game started (heard the boys complaining as they walked down to field). They barely had 30% of the ball in the first half and only going to halftime at 5-5 was a credit to there goal line defence. The ref was very harsh on the river view boys and im not questioning the bias but it seemed like the view boys were being pinged for anything. penalty count 12+ to 4 kinross way. Kinross had a very good backrow who seemed to be everywhere and constantly breaking tackles. Also the inside backs for kinross were very good especially 12. All in all i think the lack of possession for the riverview boys got to them in the end. The score was 12-10 views way with 10 mins to go but riverview faded whilst kinross brought on at least 5 fresh pairs of legs on which boosted them to score 2 quite soft tries.

End Score 22-12

Star players:
Riverview: 2, 5, 6 and 10
Kinross: 6,7, 8, 10, 12, 13

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I am sorry to say that turning up 10 minutes before a game seems a bit disrespectful - and shows a bit of lax of organisation.

It sounds also that this game was played in Bathurst, and so Kinross had already shortened the required trip by the best part of an hour?...

I have noticed on these forums quite a pre-occupation with the question of travel - and how 'far' these places are - In the 1970s our lads travelled every year to Bowral, or Goulburn or Bathurst - and it was nothing less than an adventure... You sinply indicated the week before if you were travelling with the team or your family - the school put on a few buses, and everyone was home again on the Saturday Night, in time for a late dinner...

(That was except for the one bloke we inevitably seemed to leave in Bathurst or Goulburn Hospital with a fractured something)...

It wasn't hard, and it didn't cost much. The 13 Cs or Ds started ridiculously early, when the frost was still on the grounds, and the Firsts finished up as the sun set on those lovely cold winter evenings... Its not really far to go for a good game of Rugby - getting there on time to play an Open Fixture, should not be a 10-minute issue.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
"The ref was very harsh on the river view boys and im not questioning the bias but it seemed like the view boys were being pinged for anything. penalty count 12+ to 4 kinross way"

A bit of "My Brothers enemy" I am guessing;) welcome to the Central Tablelands:rolleyes:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hell West & Crooked, the ISA schools are probably well aware of the requirements of longer distance travel for sport. Poor Kinross are in Sydney every second week, while the Sydney teams only go to Orange every second year.

In modern GPS (apart from the irregular TAS games), the expedition to North Parramatta is the biggest regularly undertaken. Like the ARU, it is perhaps understandable if they get a little spatially disoriented if they venture west of the suburb known as The Kings School.

ISA teams would understand the logistic challenges imposed by the roadworks on the Great Western Highway, and adjust departure timings better than the schools that don't travel that road regularly.

That bit coming into Wentworth Falls nearly always produces a traffic clusterf&^k that Parramatta Road Peak Hour would be proud of.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
prefer the trip through Richmond really

The Road trips are quite a novelty, it's a shame a few more country teams aren't in.... any big schools in Cobar, Moree or West Wyalong, we don't get enough out of geography lessons any more

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Hell West & Crooked, the ISA schools are probably well aware of the requirements of longer distance travel for sport. Poor Kinross are in Sydney every second week, while the Sydney teams only go to Orange every second year.

In modern GPS (apart from the irregular TAS games), the expedition to North Parramatta is the biggest regularly undertaken. Like the ARU, it is perhaps understandable if they get a little spatially disoriented if they venture west of the suburb known as The Kings School.

ISA teams would understand the logistic challenges imposed by the roadworks on the Great Western Highway, and adjust departure timings better than the schools that don't travel that road regularly.

That bit coming into Wentworth Falls nearly always produces a traffic clusterf&^k that Parramatta Road Peak Hour would be proud of.

Hugh - I defer to your Wisdom, and am horrified at the idea of GPS Boys becoming Spatially Disorientated... (even allowing for the fact that half of their Rugby Teams are traditionally Off the Farms themselves)...

I am also sympathetic with their concept of the Kings School as a Suburb - it must be daunting to drive past all those western suburbs houses, wondering which of their inmates 'Works for Father'...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Road trips are quite a novelty, it's a shame a few more country teams aren't in.. any big schools in Cobar, Moree or West Wyalong, we don't get enough out of geography lessons any more
What about schools in Wagga, Coffs, Newcastle, Wollongong, (dare I say it) Canberra, or Albury/Wodonga?

What about Pittwater House. What mob do they belong to?

Status
Not open for further replies.