• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sootyanddave

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cotton was exceptional in the trial.
Cochrane is lucky to make the wing on form.
McDonald trialled well,and is unlucky not to be in the one's.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Div 1 Round 1
St Pius X vs St Auggies 14 - 40
St Pats v Oakhill 5 - 15
Kinross v St Stannies 22 -19 (played previously)
St Gregs v The Bye (St Gregs trial v Grammar 49 - 15 (approx))
St Gregs 13B v Grammar 44-12, 13A's 58-5.
Kinross v NEW I's (Trial -> 5 - 48)
Stannies v New II's (Trial -> NEW victory)

Div 2 Round 4
All Saints v Chevalier 3 - 52
SACS v CCGS 40 - 10
Redfield v Redlands (tipping Redfield) ?

Redfield 20 def Redlands 17

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cotton was exceptional in the trial.
Cochrane is lucky to make the wing on form.
McDonald trialled well,and is unlucky not to be in the one's.

From memory doesn't Cochrane also kick goals very well? I presume that could be a consideration.

sootyanddave

Allen Oxlade (6)
That depends on the purpose of the trials.
Is the primary purpose as a selection trial for further honours (NSW,Oz)
Or is it to beat the other Association?

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Stannies 16As have beaten Central West representative 16s, St Edmund's 16As, St Ignatius 16As, Kinros 16As & Newington 16As. The only 16s player taken for ISA rep got in & he plays for Stannies 16b.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ISA U16 last year was a very strong team.

There is a suggestion that this years mob is also very strong.

There must have been a bad day at the office for the Stannies boys at the Trial.

Isn't one of the ISA rugby powerbrokers a Stannies teacher - Geoff Melville?

Wouldn't he make sure that the Stannies boys weren't unfairly dealt with?

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Stannies 16As have beaten Central West representative 16s, St Edmund's 16As, St Ignatius 16As, Kinros 16As & Newington 16As. The only 16s player taken for ISA rep got in & he plays for Stannies 16b.
Good to see you back Pedro, it's been a while and I've missed your vision.
school political machinations must be terrible if a rep player cant get out of 2nds.
I think you will find the listed teams have been beaten by others in this association by large scores as well so it may not be a particularly good guide. As Hugh Jarse suggested the strength of the team may also make inclusion difficult. I suppose we will discover the accuracy of this in a few weeks eh.

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)
lets see if this is closer to the side.

You're team certainly has merit And would almost be the best way to use available players. However, the way the squad was selected players won't start out of position. Although currie at 12 would be quite exciting he has been selected as a loose forward. The changes in the back and second row are white reasonable, unfotunately I don't think Freeman will be in 1s purely because of tough competiton.

Massima the prop from Greg's, does anyone have info on his form, experience etc. I personally know nothing of him.

sootyanddave

Allen Oxlade (6)
Then I have no idea who should be 12.
Kaplan trialled at 10,and had a severe case of the dropsies,and is very unlikely to be in the 1's from trial form.
Ibbotson who you nominate as 12 in the 2's is an outside centre/winger only.
Some of the 10's maybe?

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)
Then I have no idea who should be 12.
Kaplan trialled at 10,and had a severe case of the dropsies,and is very unlikely to be in the 1's from trial form.
Ibbotson who you nominate as 12 in the 2's is an outside centre/winger only.
Some of the 10's maybe?

I'd have Kagiassis from Gregs at 12 with the Augustines fella Arnold at 10. Kagiassis has played Sg Ball league for Parramatta and was selected in the Australian Merit u17's last year. Jeff Markus from St Pats would also be more than capable in the position, though has been named as ISA 2s by St Pats. The centres and wingers will be tough picks, I cant come close to a final lineup.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'd have Kagiassis from Gregs at 12 with the Augustines fella Arnold at 10. Kagiassis has played Sg Ball league for Parramatta and was selected in the Australian Merit u17's last year. Jeff Markus from St Pats would also be more than capable in the position, though has been named as ISA 2s by St Pats. The centres and wingers will be tough picks, I cant come close to a final lineup.
If this Kagiassis was in the centres last weekend he looked good on my limited viewing of him

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
Looking ahead to this weekend:

Stannies Vs St Pat's in Bathurst- predicting a very tight and traditionally firey encounter. St Pats played well to a tight loss against a formidable Oakhill side, whilst Stannies came close to Kinross and have had relatively mixed trial form against GPS heavyweight squads. My pick is St Pats to get up in a tight one by 7 points. For St Pats it is a matter of turning possession and territory into points through discipline in the forwards and selflessness in the backline. Stannies will undoubtedly leave St Pats for dead in enthusiasm and if there execution is right they could put the final nail in St Pats ISA coffin.

Oakhill Vs St Greg's- Not sure what to make of this one. Oakhill proved they definetly have potential to win again this year with their incredible defensive effort against St Pats. Given Greg's form late last year defeating St Augustine's coupled with losses to the likes of St Andrews it is difficult to place them. I feel Oakhill wiill win by 10+ as they have the homeground advantage and the likes of Cotton in the backline and the discipline and pick n drive of the Oakhill forward will wear down the league oriented Greg's boys. The likes of Currie, Green and Kagiassis won't make this an easy task for the Oakhill.

Kinross Vs St Augustine's- Easily has the potential to be the match of the day. Playing in Orange isn't easy for any team and the rise of Kinross rugby in previous years will see a greater challenge for Auggies. I feel that Auggies will pull home a 7 point win but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the simple hard running and good tackling of Kinross could wear the St Augustine's arsenal thin. If Kniross won it would be great for the competition, but I think the Auggies will just get them.

Silent Observer

Frank Row (1)
Kings 16 A beat Stannies by close to 40 the other week after leading 32 to 5 at half time is my understanding

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)
Massima was trialing at loosehead prop for ISA trials.

Did Tukiapali trial?

If Massima is a loosehead it throws a spanner in the works as he has been thrown around as a tighthead. Tuikipili didnt trial although he was present at the trial day with injury. If Massima is limited to loosehead and Agliozzo has been listed as ISA 2's by St Pats, the only other THP is Partridge from Oakhill, who is a solid player although his scrummaging has a lot of room for improvement, pretty evident after the St Pats match.

Sorry, but does anyone know the legitimacy of these listings by St Pats as they seem to be quite limiting. A copy of the listing if possible??

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have just read the Aisea Tukipilli is new boy at Augustine's coming from Balgowlah Boys High, where he was an u/16 NSW schools rep last year.

sootyanddave

Allen Oxlade (6)
If Massima is a loosehead it throws a spanner in the works as he has been thrown around as a tighthead. Tuikipili didnt trial although he was present at the trial day with injury. If Massima is limited to loosehead and Agliozzo has been listed as ISA 2's by St Pats, the only other THP is Partridge from Oakhill, who is a solid player although his scrummaging has a lot of room for improvement, pretty evident after the St Pats match.

Sorry, but does anyone know the legitimacy of these listings by St Pats as they seem to be quite limiting. A copy of the listing if possible??
You can be 100% positive the St Pats kids have been announced in the their correct teams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The legendary St Pats Newsletter is here:
http://www.spc.nsw.edu.au/_user/documents/especean2013/14-13pdf.pdf

go to the last page

Congratulations to the following students who have been selected in the ISA Representative Rugby Team for 2013.

First XV:Matthew Edwards
Second XV:Jeffrey Markus, PJ Agliozzo, Joshua Taweel
16s: Benet James, Tony Rumore, Michael Markus

Very impressive number of teams that St Pats have for rugby if you download the newsletter. Good Commitment to Heavensgame. They may not be at the forefront of discussion about rugby powerhouses, but they have 20 High school rugby teams, and 10 in the primary school. Not quite Joeys or Kings, but very commendable.

Even more impressive for where they are located, and they should receive more plaudits than they actually get for keeping our game alive.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have just read the Aisea Tukipilli is new boy at Augustine's coming from Balgowlah Boys High, where he was an u/16 NSW schools rep last year.

and.....

Kids change schools for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes these may be related to their athletic ability and sometimes there may be some incentives involved, sometimes not.

There is a separate thread to discuss Scholarships, bursaries, fee relief, and inducements. Best to take further discussion about the relationship between the student and the change of education provider to there.

Edit: It is possible that you may have read my post over in the Scholarship thread. Guilty as charged. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.