• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
what is it about travelling over the dividing range? Congrats to KWS on some very good wins against tough opposition in Augs 1sts and particularly 16As. There must be some great spirit amongst the Orange boys.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Report from Orange
KWS 1sts 21 St Aug 10
KWS 2nds 8 StAug 31
KWS 16 a def St Aug
KWS 15 a 12 St Aug 22
KWS 14 a lost
KWS13 a lost

No b games as the grounds were very wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressive considering the number of ISA and NSW rep players in St Augs opens and 16As.

Does this put Kinross in a postion to win the 1sts?

Bullet

Bob McCowan (2)
Very impressive considering the number of ISA and NSW rep players in St Augs opens and 16As.

Does this put Kinross in a position to win the 1sts?

I reckon no
St Auggies look like they are in box seat
KWS had early losses against St Pats and Stannies
currently they are sitting 4th just behind Stannies

Concernedspectator1

Frank Row (1)
Have heard concerning reports emerging from a game last Saturday that a player racially abused one of the opposition players. Would like to think the boys would be better than that, very disappointing if true.

<post edited by mods to remove details on unsubstantiated allegations>

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^The boys generally are better than that, and I am sure that the schools concerned will deal with what is a general community issue.

Posting specific details about it on here (particularly when they do not appear to be first hand accounts) is not going to solve anything. If you are outraged about the allegations, then take it up with the School you are associated with.

Bullet

Bob McCowan (2)
From Bathurst

SSC 27 KWS 25
KWS 2 nd lost
KWS 3 rds win
KWS 16 a win
KWS 15 a lost
KWS 14 a win
KWS 13 a lost

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
Was a great effort from all the two blues today, after what has so far been a very enjoyable season at away matches today's behaviour from some stannies students and members of there old boys was atrocious.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Time for KWS and Stannies Headmasters and MICs to stamp this out - culprits must be made accountable and punished. Another ISA school had behavioural issues about 5 years back - they stamped it out pretty quick and a new culture emerged. It takes leadership and guts.

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
From what I've heard tonight from some old boys who are current kws parents is that some of the behaviour was premeditated especially from the 96 old boys as it was discussed last night over beers!!'n

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
St Augs v St Greggs
14As big win
15As big win
16As 82-0 (started taking players off, big turnaround from loss last week v KWS)

2nds loss, approx 5-25. Gregs played v well and deserved the win.

1sts 22-22. St Augs missing few key players; Jack O not played last three games (injured), no.3 prop (NSW 1) who was playing 2 came off with head injury, Mila H limited game time due to injury. St Augs not fielding their best, but Bonnie H had a blinder and captained the team well under the circumstances.
22-22 was 4 tries to 3 to St Augs.

Next week Oakhill, St Augs need to bring their best game. Last game for many of the key players, the Yr 12 players, but next year in good hands with talented 16s coming through.

OldBoyWestie

Frank Row (1)
A friend of mine made me aware of this ISA schoolboy rugby blog. As a keen rugby follower and having gone to an ISA school it makes for fascinating reading.

Looks like a number of the colleges/schools have improved their rugby performances in recent times. However what's happened to St Patrick's Strathfield? A father of a son at St Patrick's told me that most, if not all, got beaten by St Gregs/St Pius X (can somebody explain that set up for me? I thought St Gregs were an MCS school?). And having looked at the ISA website looks like most of the St Patrick's teams are in the bottom half of their respective competitions. Perhaps just at the bottom end of a cycle? Perhaps concentrating on other things? @schoolboyinsider seems to keep abreast of their results - perhaps he/she (I never assume all rugby followers are male) can shed some light?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
A friend of mine made me aware of this ISA schoolboy rugby blog. As a keen rugby follower and having gone to an ISA school it makes for fascinating reading.

Looks like a number of the colleges/schools have improved their rugby performances in recent times. However what's happened to St Patrick's Strathfield? A father of a son at St Patrick's told me that most, if not all, got beaten by St Gregs/St Pius X (can somebody explain that set up for me? I thought St Gregs were an MCS school?). And having looked at the ISA website looks like most of the St Patrick's teams are in the bottom half of their respective competitions. Perhaps just at the bottom end of a cycle? Perhaps concentrating on other things? @schoolboyinsider seems to keep abreast of their results - perhaps he/she (I never assume all rugby followers are male) can shed some light?

Gregs and Pius occupy one slot in the draw. They played 1sts, 16A, 15A, 14A and 13A before the season started. Whoever won went into the A comp and whoever lost went into the B comp.

1sts and 15As were won by Gregs.

13A, 14A and 16A were won by Pius.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Looks like a number of the colleges/schools have improved their rugby performances in recent times. However what's happened to St Patrick's Strathfield?

The demographics of the parents the last few decades favour soccer. Simple as that.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
St Augs v St Greggs
14As big win
15As big win
16As 82-0 (started taking players off, big turnaround from loss last week v KWS)

2nds loss, approx 5-25. Gregs played v well and deserved the win.

1sts 22-22. St Augs missing few key players; Jack O not played last three games (injured), no.3 prop (NSW 1) who was playing 2 came off with head injury, Mila H limited game time due to injury. St Augs not fielding their best, but Bonnie H had a blinder and captained the team well under the circumstances.
22-22 was 4 tries to 3 to St Augs.

Next week Oakhill, St Augs need to bring their best game. Last game for many of the key players, the Yr 12 players, but next year in good hands with talented 16s coming through.

St Augs 14As and 16As both played Pius I believe

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)

Looks like a number of the colleges/schools have improved their rugby performances in recent times. However what's happened to St Patrick's Strathfield? (I never assume all rugby followers are male) can shed some light?

I know that their firsts have just not copped the rub of the greens this year. They had a very tight tussle with oaks yesterday and have done so all year fighting till the last whistle from the couple of times I've seen them.

Would like to see school boy insider's view on their season and general rugby. He seems close enough to the college.

RugbyWiseman76

Frank Row (1)
Heard a lot of talk about the SSC v KWS game this weekend and just wanted to have my say and provide my take on the situation. As a local rugby enthusiast to the central west but not affiliated with either school I was quite impressed with the spirit of the Stannies boys on and off the field, they displayed some true grit to scrape out the win in the local darby (notable players: 1, 3, 6, 10, 12). The Stannies support was tremendous as well, with the vioces of 100's of boys joined along with proud old boys united as one to make what I believe the last home game of the season one to remember for the boys. Kudos to the Kinross boys for matching the Stannies boys throughout the whole game (notable players: numbers 1, 8, 10 and both wingers). What troubled me was the finish of the game, where the SSC boys pulled off a tenacious last minute victory and we're obviously ecstatic about the victory. Naturally the crowd responded with great enthusiasm, with many of the junior boys looking in awe at the Firsts, who won the game in a heroic display. Likewise, I'm sure it felt even more special for those boys who just played to have the old boys who they looked up to there to celebrate, I could imagine it was a fantastic celebration. But as the joy erupted throughout the crowd I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth as I saw (I'm sure the rest of the crowd also did as well) a Kinross player strike one of the old boys as they began to celebrate sparking the incident everyone has heard about throughout the ISA community. Whilst I can't defend the actions of either school, I must say the crowd (particularly Stannies old boys) should of been controlled much better by the security hired, but it is troubling that I'm hearing a lot of talk of people saying things like "Stannies supporters are savages" when no one is aware of the actual events that sparked this embarrassing display of sportsmanship. I understand a long time rivalry exists between both schools but there is a line that cannot be crossed. Footage of the game is guaranteed to of been recorded and all culprits will be identified and hopefully punished accordingly. I hope Kinross and Stannies both get to the bottom of this mess, because the behavior of both sides at the end of the game brought a fantastic fixture to a close in a negative light. Congratulations Kinross and Stannies for producing such a magnificent game of Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.