• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Italy vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rothschild

the players have been told - I hear there are three TSS players running on

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Three of Daley, Slipper, Higgers, Sharpe and Simmons?

Interesting.

Edit, actually I'm not sure that Daley was at TSS.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I had it in my head that Sharpe might get a run from the bench, but I can see that it might be considered a little risky.....

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
CHANGES AFOOT......

Qantas Wallabies v Italy

Saturday, 20 November, 2010

Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence

Time: 3pm (local)/1am (AEDT) (Sunday, 21 November)

Referee: Christophe Berdos (Fra)

15. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)

14. Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs)

13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)

12. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)

11. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)

10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)

9. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)

8. Ben McCalman (Western Force)

7. David Pocock (Western Force)

6. Rocky Elsom (c) (Brumbies)

5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)

4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)

3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)

2. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)

1. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)

Reserves:

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW Waratahs)

17. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

18. Mark Chisholm (Brumbies)

19. Matt Hodgson (Western Force)

20. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)

21. Matt Giteau (Brumbies)

22. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What?!

Changes?!?!??!

These are nearly the exact changes most of us have been hoping for a while now... even if some of these guys were poor against Munster...

I don't think Burgess is the better player but he's currently in better form than Genia... hopefully this is just the kick in the ass he needs...

I'm completely surprised about McCabe but here's hoping he gets some game time and does well...

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Barnes was at 10 and the captain in "that" game. Maybe having less responsibility will help him.

I like the look of the side. I really hope the guys that have been given a chance step up for this.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
McCalman and Cooper can consider themselves very lucky, but on balance there aren't adequate replacements for them in this squad. What's Higginbotham got to do to get a guernsey?

I like the look of this team. Add Horne, Horwill, Ioane and Palu to the 22 and it's starting to shape up well for the RWC.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I know this is a bit left-field but with McCutcheon's pace and 7's experience, I think he would make a pretty hand 13... Thoughts

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Well well well this is an interesting development and with one eye on future tests perhaps? Taking absolutely no chances by the looks of it either. Can't say that I blame Deans on that, three in a row would be shall we say, not ideal.

I do like the look of that lineup though.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Barnes was at 10 and the captain in "that" game. Maybe having less responsibility will help him.

I expect that he will be given the burden of goal kicking duties. All we can wish for is that he won't be providing more fodder for Gagger's Yakkity Sax video.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I know this is a bit left-field but with McCutcheon's pace and 7's experience, I think he would make a pretty hand 13... Thoughts

If you're sticking up for the Macs Mac, you'd play McCabe. He'd be better than Cutch in the backline on his best day and 15 metres quicker over 100.

You never know - maybe McCabe could get some decent ball in the Ones.

The changes are as expected though I may have given Pocock a rest for Hodgson. It will be a big step for young Simmons to start against a tough pack like Italy, but it's now or never for the young man and I wish him well. I hope we see a bit of mongrel from him.

Slipper starting is a good idea. I said during the 2010 S14 that Fat Cat didn't look the same player as in 2009, and his later injury has disguised this form reversal IMO. I'll back him to come back though.

The Cooper and Barnes combo for Queensland never excited me much whatever spot they had, but let's see.

It will be a tough contest in the scrums for our chaps. Let's see in that department also.

The Wobs will have to beat both Italy and France to have a reasonable tour. We can't dine out on the Hong Kong result too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.