• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Italy vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
An old prop once said that the LHP should have his inside shoulder deep under the armpit of his hooker. If it is away from the armpit of his hooker, he will automatically bind past the opposing THP and end up on the side of his opponent and expose his hooker to the head of the enemy 3.

He also said that if a tighthead were to be tucked under his hooker's armpit, his body is automatically misaligned and he will scrum inwards naturally. Maybe that's what Castro did.

But Castro has an aura in Europe and Berdos was never going to ping him instead of an Aussie. He went for the vibe.

Other teams get the advantage of perception also. I remember last year when the Oz scrum was going well at HQ and Coles came off the bench for England to play THP. Fat Cat went down and Coles got pinged.

It's the way of the world.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Castrogiovanni and his hooker went through an interesting ritual before each scrum. They bound up really tight, angling in towards each other. It was quite unusual to see.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Shouldn't Slipper have poked him in the eye and told him that he'd knock his fuckin' block off the next time he did that?

Steve Finanne would have....

Lance, all that I've read about Finnane or been told about him suggests that there would have been no warning.

R

Rothschild

Shouldn't Slipper have poked him in the eye and told him that he'd knock his fuckin' block off the next time he did that?...

Steve Finanne would have....

Personal experience tells me that Finnane would not have given the warning

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Thanks for the info guys. I'll admit to knowing little about the dark arts. I was just one of those blokes with his shoulders up their backsides pushing like buggery.

Status
Not open for further replies.