• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Connor signs with West Harbour. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BellyTwoBlues

I for one think it's a great signing for West Harbour and for the Shute Shield. Now JOC (James O'Connor) has played for Eastwood in the past but I'd be surprised if it's more than half a dozen games, but good on West Harbour for 1) being able to afford him and 2) for promoting the Shute Shield by the signing.

There's way more plusses than minusses in the signing. Here's hoping they use his profile well to promote and develop rugby within their District.

Of course, they'll have to push the ARU aside from all the fine work they're currently doing in the area!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
./...snip..../..

Of course, they'll have to push the ARU aside from all the fine work they're currently doing in the area!

Channelling Bruce Ross :)

I don't really object to Bieber being involved in the promotion and growth of the game in any location that is west of the Leichhardt.

I just don't think he would be a good investment for Tahs.

Let him play his two guest appearances for the Pirates in Shute Shield, and market the bejesus out of the Brand to support growth and expansion of the Juniors in the outer inner West, and Eastern outer West.

diwi10

Stan Wickham (3)
Maybe West Harbour has a rich and eccentric benefactor who pays players with cases of wine.

Yes they have a rich Sugar Daddy. That wants to stock pile all the supper talent at one club to impress all his rich mates.

Maybe Mr James O'Conner likes the idea that the talent pool should be shared for rugby to grow in Aus.

Maybe the grass is just as GREEN West of Camperdown and the coffee good to.

Maybe he always wanted to be a PIRATE.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Crikey. Nearly everything in the GR article has already been foretold by Fellow Gaggerlanders on this thread - apart from identifying Club Burwood as the bankroller.

Glad to see he isn't on Tah's radar.

Glad to see he will be used as a marketing, growth and development tool. Let's hope he remembers to set his alarm clock when the big promotional gigs are on.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm all for anything that grows the brand, but I also enjoy having at least 1000km between us.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Whatever money is there it can't be much from Club Burwood, has anyone here seen that place?

CB's the former Western Suburbs RFC licensed club, it's now part of Burwood RSL. Which is huge and rolling in money thanks to those evil poker machines. The Pirates do their bit to publicise the little brother of the two clubs and to retain an historical link to their former premises.

B

BellyTwoBlues

CB's the former Western Suburbs RFC licensed club, it's now part of Burwood RSL. Which is huge and rolling in money thanks to those evil poker machines. The Pirates do their bit to publicise the little brother of the two clubs and to retain an historical link to their former premises.

And good on em for doing so.

I dont care one bit who's put up the coin to bank roll it.

Whoever made this happen.............well done. I'd buy you a beer at Merrylands RSL Club!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guess you have to think that the evil $ received from poker machines are better than the zero $ received from Firepower snake oil that BeiberBoy (and others at the Force) got last time around.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Guess you have to think that the evil $ received from poker machines are better than the zero $ received from Firepower snake oil that BeiberBoy (and others at the Force) got last time around.
Or the ground hire fees at tahland

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Yeah, that little anomaly has died a natural death hasn't it.

Looks like we general public will never know the outcome of that particular "investigation".

Status
Not open for further replies.