• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It would set a bad precedent if the ARU thought this was a good idea. Players would be looking for these contracts and it would mess up the development pathway.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
You've got to wonder what real benefit there would be in signing a player like JOC (James O'Connor) for an Australian Super Rugby team, sure he would have a bit of marquee status but you would have to think that many of the Coaches and Teams would be very dubious at his influence on other players in the team and what the fans reactions would be in signing a player for just one season.

Reds won't sign him, Rebels won't sign him, Brumbies won't sign him.

I think its probably between the Waratahs and Force as to who would actually offer him a contract.

Come now, surely the lure of a match-winning back will prove too strong for one franchise or another. You know he's bad for you, but that ability to find the try-line is just so tempting. Plus you know he'll front up and say how much he's changed, how much loves the city, how he's just looking forward to putting his head down and working hard, blah, blah, blah. He may struggle to make the Wallabies, but he'd still be a guaranteed starter in most Australian Super teams.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
So has this been confirmed yet or are we hanging an innocent man?
He's hardly innocent. He's being hanged for being a childish brat and a diva that has a poor attitude and is not a team player. It's not like this latest rumour is anything new. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
So has this been confirmed yet or are we hanging an innocent man?

I'm keeping an eye on rugbyrama and the midi olympique feeds (twitter and FB) and can't see anything about James and the deal. Perhaps the tweet was deleted because the GAGR team are now running with the story? don't doubt it was ever tweeted, just reckon JOC (James O'Connor) got wind of it and cracked the shits.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Fox sports have reported that his manager has come out and said the story isn't true he is looking for a short term deal for this year with the view to play super rugby in 2015 and that he hasn't signed anything with Toulon so take what you will from that.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
He's hardly innocent. He's being hanged for being a childish brat and a diva that has a poor attitude and is not a team player. It's not like this latest rumour is anything new. ;-)

I'm not sure we are entitled to hang him twice for just being a brat/diva, double jeopardy and all that.

I dislike the way he has handled himself as much as the next guy, but I just think before the vitriol gets turned up to 11 it is probably important this story is verified.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Who signs him though?

Brumbies have already said no to him, he'll cost a fortune and too many backs is one of their problems as is.
Waratahs have no need for a winger, fullback or centre. Money is an issue too.
Reds, Richard Graham, nope.
Rebels, been there, not wanted.
Force, burnt bridges, he'd have to build them.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not sure we are entitled to hang him twice for just being a brat/diva, double jeopardy and all that.

I dislike the way he has handled himself as much as the next guy, but I just think before the vitriol gets turned up to 11 it is probably important this story is verified.

Handles himself a little too regularly I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.