• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Is anyone surprised that this selfish individual is chasing the money in France?

I probably would do the same, if I had any talent.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Maybe Mourad Boudjellal is changing the name of the team to "Toulon Wallabies"? Would at least allow JOC (James O'Connor) to 'keep his word' by wanting to play for the Wallabies again.

This is not a surprise, this seems like a long-term strategy playing out. He will make a bucket over there, so why would you come back to an organisation (ARU) that is financially doing it tough?

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
It's a short-term contract at the Not-Nots (3 months? don't know), so it's understandable JOC (James O'Connor) would be looking for what's next. But to do so almost as soon as he walked off the pitch of his first game looks shabby and ungrateful, to say the least. I wonder what Delon Armitage will make of him, since he'll be gunning for Delon's spot.

T

TOCC

What a little shit, he hasn't changed a bit... How the hell would London Irish be feeling right now, their new marketing superstar is flying off to other countries and meeting clubs only a matter of weeks after he arrived at the club...

Wallabies don't need a spoilt brat like this in the country, I can forgive a stupid person for making a stupid mistake, but JOC (James O'Connor) is a smart kid, he is just a deceitful untrustworthy piece of work.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hang on,he has signed till the end of this season.
They had the opportunity to sign him for 2,3 or 5 years if they wanted to.
It will be no surprise to them that he is looking to secure his future for next year and beyond.
Some of you people are like the guy who dumps his girlfriend,and gets shitty if she talks to other guys.
Move on.

T

TOCC

Nope, just call a spade a spade...

No more then 2 weeks ago he was quoted as saying his sting at London Irish is a fresh start, a chance to prove himself and focus in rugby... Yet 1 day after playing his first game with them he is off in another country talking to another club...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Do they tolerate the sort of behaviours than Homebrand in renowned for at Toulon?

You'd hope the Armitage brothers will eventually end up back in England to search for an international jersey.

Maybe a straight swap for JOC (James O'Connor). The Not-nots are their old club if I'm not mistaken.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
He's doing what literally anyone else who just signed a 2-3 month contract would do..start lining up another job.

If LI wanted him for longer than that period then maybe you think they should have signed him for longer?

I've been really harsh on JOC (James O'Connor) through all of this ridiculous bullshit but there's literally nothing to get mad about here.

I don't know the details of why the Force deal fell through but with what seems like no offerings from any Australian Super Rugby franchise and a banishment from Camp Wallaby..what the hell else was he supposed to do?

Kevinsons

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hang on,he has signed till the end of this season.
They had the opportunity to sign him for 2,3 or 5 years if they wanted to.
It will be no surprise to them that he is looking to secure his future for next year and beyond.
Some of you people are like the guy who dumps his girlfriend,and gets shitty if she talks to other guys.
Move on.

Totally agree. Seriously - he would be foolish to ignore an approach from that owner... even if it is just to establish a relationship for future business (contracts), and especially if he decides not to play under Foley at Force.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
It's a short-term contract at the Not-Nots (3 months? don't know), so it's understandable JOC (James O'Connor) would be looking for what's next. But to do so almost as soon as he walked off the pitch of his first game looks shabby and ungrateful, to say the least. I wonder what Delon Armitage will make of him, since he'll be gunning for Delon's spot.

Delon Armitage used play for the Not-Nots.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Just putting it out there but what if he was going to say hi to some friends? Schmo for example

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Maybe Mourad Boudjellal is changing the name of the team to "Toulon Wallabies"? Would at least allow JOC (James O'Connor) to 'keep his word' by wanting to play for the Wallabies again.

Closer to the Toulon Springboks than the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.