• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John Eales Medal 2009

Who'll win it?

• Nathan Sharpe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Smith

• Adam Ashley-Cooper

• Matt Giteau

• Benn Robinson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Why is anyone surprised? In a team of Wallabies, only three people know what is happening at the front of the scrum, so you can't expect to pick up any points there. So you have to rely on general play, and even though Robinson was handier than a four-armed brickie all over the park, the only things people (especially the players) remember in Aussie rugby these days are the fucking midfield bombs.

Its a backs conspiracy.... We all know who the REAL winner is: the world's best loosehead prop.

S

Spook

The problem with the awards is that you get the same amoint of points for playing well against Italy as you do against NZ/Boks.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
John Eales Medal: Matt Giteau
Australia's Choice - Wallaby of the Year: Benn Robinson
Joe French Award: Nick Farr-Jones
Rookie of the Year: James O'Connor
Try of the Year: Adam Ashley-Cooper
Women's Player of the Year: Debby Hodgkinson
Sevens Player of the Year - Shawn Mackay Award: Debby Hodgkinson
Volunteer of the Year: Steve Gann
Under 20s Player of the Year: James Slipper
Referee of the Year: Stuart Dickinson
The 2009 Hall of Fame inductees: Jon White, the late Dr Alec Ross and the late Tony Miller.

Good to see the two props getting awarded

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
NTA said:
Why is anyone surprised? In a team of Wallabies, only three people know what is happening at the front of the scrum, so you can't expect to pick up any points there. So you have to rely on general play, and even though Robinson was handier than a four-armed brickie all over the park, the only things people (especially the players) remember in Aussie rugby these days are the fucking midfield bombs.

Its a backs conspiracy.... We all know who the REAL winner is: the world's best loosehead prop.

Tony Woodcock?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Woodcock never beat Al Baxter in a fair fight i.e. without ref's assistance, even when Baxter comprehensively folded him in two on his home patch. Robinson hasn't been beaten yet.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
NTA said:
Woodcock never beat Al Baxter in a fair fight i.e. without ref's assistance, even when Baxter comprehensively folded him in two on his home patch. Robinson hasn't been beaten yet.

:nta: it was never a fair fight, Woodcock is too technically good for Baxter (and Alexander if the last game is any example) Baxter packs very low, but Woodcock goes lower and f*cks him.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
TheRiddler said:
And for Sharp to be in the running? And O'Connor up there as well? WTF? Either all of these players have been having a lend of each other all year round - which could explain the lack of passion on the field - or this is one almighty stitch up. :nta:

That was my reaction too. In the words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious ! :angryfire:

These guys are deadset taking the piss. If they think the cross field kicking crab & the 201 cm outside centre are the top performers then it just proves this team has no clue about rugby.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You guys actually watched this?

Screw that, I watched Chuch on Fox 8 at the same time. And no doubt enjoyed it much more than the farce of Gits winning.

PS How hot is the Aussie girl in Chuck?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Here were the votes along the way as well

after-spring-tour.jpg

john-eales-votes-after-inbound.jpg

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Ash said:
You guys actually watched this?

Nope, I was still in deep hibernation after the dullness incarnate that was TYS Awards Night.

Ash said:
PS How hot is the Aussie girl in Chuck?

Not very. Generic boring blond who can scrub up Ok. A dime a dozen.

Yvonne-yvonne-strahovski-2715309-350-480.jpg

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Moses said:
It's the night of nights for Australian Rugby...

WHAT? I thought the 2009 Scarf Awards last Saturday were the by far the most important night for Oz rugby this year. Categories, performance, guests, and especially winners, we had it all over 'em. :thumb :thumb :thumb

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mcmeniman best on 2008 spring tour & only played 4 out of the 5 tests, shame he's so injury prone regardless of what people think he added spark to the Wallabies whenever he got a run even when we got spanked in jo'burg he was the only forward to try & pull off a big hit or it the line at pace even if he did run a bit high.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
fatprop said:
:nta: it was never a fair fight, Woodcock is too technically good for Baxter (and Alexander if the last game is any example) Baxter packs very low, but Woodcock goes lower and f*cks him.

As you and I both know, Woodcock bores like Gordon Bray at a buck's night. As a loosehead I applaud him for getting away with it. As an Aussie I'm filthy that refs don't give any of our props a fair go.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
disco said:
Mcmeniman best on 2008 spring tour & only played 4 out of the 5 tests, shame he's so injury prone regardless of what people think he added spark to the Wallabies whenever he got a run even when we got spanked in jo'burg he was the only forward to try & pull off a big hit or it the line at pace even if he did run a bit high.

I know Deans was on the phone quite regularly trying to get him to go on the Wallaby tour.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know Deans was on the phone quite regularly trying to get him to go on the Wallaby tour.

What this spring tour?

What's McMeniman doing anyway, Has he been training with the Reds? Has anyone heard if the ARU will let him play next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.