• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Royals roll Wests 41-24 in 1st grade semi. If they play like that against Queanbeyan next weekend should be a blinder!

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sad way to bow out of a competition to finish with a draw, but go down because of table position! Felt for the Owls reserves today!

Wr1

Stan Wickham (3)
10-5 up at half time with a gale behind them and they couldn't get the job done. Bottom line is they didn't deserve it. Questionable conduct from the big second rower from the Owls as well. Cheap shots/picking fights at the death of the game was very disappointing to see.
Wests were just as bad in 1s.. How they were down 19-0 with the wind behind them in the first half is beyond me.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
10-5 up at half time with a gale behind them and they couldn't get the job done. Bottom line is they didn't deserve it. Questionable conduct from the big second rower from the Owls as well. Cheap shots/picking fights at the death of the game was very disappointing to see.
Wests were just as bad in 1s.. How they were down 19-0 with the wind behind them in the first half is beyond me.

Some smart play by Royals to put inside runners at Cootsie, great scrummager but a bit lazy around the paddock. The first part of the SH was some awesome footy by Westies and was nice and exciting, pity about the blow out the end.

Dwyers Disciple

Frank Row (1)
I think that you judgement of the Uni-Norths game is quite wrong. It was a 10 all draw - a close game and on 2 occasions in the second half when Uni-Norths were threatening the try line there were two timely injuries to the opposition - and I do not blame the big second rower for getting upset as both injuries stuffed Uni-Norths momentum. The first injury was longer than 8 minutes and the player got up and moved off as if nothing had happened. The medical staff moved the first injury into the in-goal area when they should have taken him off the field and let the game proceed. The second looked like a genuine injury but the time taken to resolve it again destroyed the Uni-Norths advance to a try. It allowed a tiring opposition time to recover and stopped potentially 14 points. And I noted on the day that the wind was shifting around - it was blowing from the south-east at times during the 2nds game.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think that you judgement of the Uni-Norths game is quite wrong. It was a 10 all draw - a close game and on 2 occasions in the second half when Uni-Norths were threatening the try line there were two timely injuries to the opposition - and I do not blame the big second rower for getting upset as both injuries stuffed Uni-Norths momentum. The first injury was longer than 8 minutes and the player got up and moved off as if nothing had happened. The medical staff moved the first injury into the in-goal area when they should have taken him off the field and let the game proceed. The second looked like a genuine injury but the time taken to resolve it again destroyed the Uni-Norths advance to a try. It allowed a tiring opposition time to recover and stopped potentially 14 points. And I noted on the day that the wind was shifting around - it was blowing from the south-east at times during the 2nds game.

In what was a well refereed game, this (injury time)is one area the ref mishandled badly.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Glad to hear the grub responsible for that sickening head cut to the Royals reserve grade player from a couple of weeks ago copped a 5 game suspension.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Glad to hear the grub responsible for that sickening head cut to the Royals reserve grade player from a couple of weeks ago copped a 5 game suspension.

Good to hear they sorted it. That sort of play is not on. Those bloody thugs from North Cooma!

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Did you see the incident? I'd love to know what happened. only saw the picture of the player

Was watching the game, but didn't see the actual incident, but spoke to a few of the boys who were on the field and they reckon it was no accident and I guess the sentence "somewhat" reflected that.

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cannot wait. Expecting a tight contest. The class of Tuggeranong up against the toughness of Royals.
To finish, a quote from the great Chris 'Buddha' Handy; go you good thing!!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Royals surprised me today - looked like a totally different side than during the regular season....I honestly didn't really give them a chance to win but they really impressed - besides their scrum which was totally dominated by what I think is the best forward pack in the comp.

After watching them today I reckon they could really take it to Vikings and anything could happen....

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
So who played well? What half comb did Royals have?

Couldn't pick a standout, but Royals were finally able to put an almost top strength side out on the field which they haven't been able to do for most of the season.

Hamlin at 9, Macca at 10 and Pedro at 12.

Herman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can't wait for the big one.
Hopefully it's a sellout. Any chance they'll play grand finals at Manuka in the future? Like the old days?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
McMahon at 10 worries me. He's been a solid player for a long time but he has slowed a lot and I think he gets shown up in the big games. Should be a big day - colts seems an even money bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.