• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2016 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I also think QBN may have buggered up combinations that were working well by slotting returning brumbies straight in. I thought it odd that Darra sat Mann-Rea on the bench for 60 minutes but it worked well and he made a big impact when he came on. I think all pressure is on the Whites...

Whitehead

Allen Oxlade (6)
I also think QBN may have buggered up combinations that were working well by slotting returning brumbies straight in. I thought it odd that Darra sat Mann-Rea on the bench for 60 minutes but it worked well and he made a big impact when he came on. I think all pressure is on the Whites.
And what combinations were disrupted by Brumbies coming in? Coleman has played the last 4 games for us at fullback and Makin has played 6 seasons for us at prop and came in to bolster an already good forward pack! Smith was on the bench last week but I believe will start this week after the backline completely misfired last week!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
And what combinations were disrupted by Brumbies coming in? Coleman has played the last 4 games for us at fullback and Makin has played 6 seasons for us at prop and came in to bolster an already good forward pack! Smith was on the bench last week but I believe will start this week after the backline completely misfired last week!

I hope your starting 15 can match that defensive effort! QBN has been the form team all year but misfired in first week of finals. If it isn't changed combinations might it be stage fright?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
The QBN run canteen ran out of steak sandwiches before half time in second grade! There needs to be an investigation into this outrage!! No stampede available either.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
In all seriousness, how is the canteen allocated for finals games amongst clubs at Vikings? Is it rotational or flip of the coin between the two clubs represented in first grade? I would have thought it would be a better way for Easts to raise a few $$ rather than through charity webpages.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Strong win by the whites this afternoon to set up a GF with the Vikings next week. Darra were a tad disappointing but tried hard all game. Darra had a stronger than expected line up with McGee lining up and a full strength front row. The Darra scrum pushed the whites pack backwards on the whites feed in the first scrum of the game but that's where it ended. Les Makin was very dominant on his side resulting in a lot of penalties against Darra for collapsing. Barbaro was busier around the field than usual and Noa was strong. For me the pick of the forwards had to be Sok. Whether he was holding up Darra ball forcing a turnover or wrestling through the line and offloading he was a handful. Toby Wilson was good, scored a try and spent 10 in the bin for a shoulder that only the ref seemed to see. In the backs QBN were well served by JR and Marmott finished well but it was Coleman who was the pick of the bunch. Kicked well, was busy with the ball and defended well. Impressive game from him. Smith started and played the full 80 mins but was very quiet for mine.

For Darra - McGee was busy all game but often without great effect, Rocky was very quiet before limping off before halftime. The angry prop with the cropped haircut (Dobson?) was dominated by Makin in the scrum but was Darra's best around the ground. Kotz was quiet

So what to make of it all - the whites looked good but there are areas of concern. After a clinical first half with the lions share of possession and all the luck, the whites only went to the oranges ahead by 8. Darra started the second half by missing touch with 3 attacking penalties in a row - Tuggies won't make mistakes like that.

Finally the biggest worry is the Whites goal kicking. Although he only missed 2 or 3 today he looks awful. Even the ones he is kicking come off the boot like a brick. I'd be giving the tee to Coleman if I were Fahye!

On balance I think QBN are a big shot next week but the Vikings get them in a game that might come down to missed kicks.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Whites simply outplayed the Eagles today - the Eagles even though good in patches never looked like winning - and I don't think the Whites were ever going to let this game go.

If whites don't have at least 5,6 guys in the starting 23 of the Canberra Vikings I will be extremely surprised - currently they have the best front row by a fair way in the comp, 2nd/back-row are fantastic with some great backs - very strong lineup.

I don't even think Barbaro was selected in the Canberra Vikings squad earlier in the year? Unless he turned it down due to personal reasons but I personally believe he is the form prop, with Makin in the comp - Barbaro is surprisingly good around the field. Carl Elliot is just a beast - again currently the best Hooker in the ACT - I will stop there as i'll end up mentioning the whole side haha.

Who was the player that went down at the end? Dobson? - Feel sorry for the guy - but def not a 1st grader and was fairly arrogant on the field today and got totally smashed.

The best two sides are in the Grand Final and it is anyones game - this will be a total cracker - can't wait!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I thought the Darra prop went well - he had attitude! Couldn't scrum to save himself but was a menace around the ground. There were a few epic collisions today. OJ wound up and was at full speed bringing it back when a Darra player put a great shot on. Didn't rock him back but was a big hit. Nadruku put on a shot that rocked the ground as well!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I thought the Darra prop went well - he had attitude! Couldn't scrum to save himself but was a menace around the ground. There were a few epic collisions today. OJ wound up and was at full speed bringing it back when a Darra player put a great shot on. Didn't rock him back but was a big hit. Nadruku put on a shot that rocked the ground as well!

Yep some of the hits were great! Think it was Xavier Duffy on Oj Noa - both players went flying haha and Nadruku on Dobson was just massive!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
What was the story with Darra not contesting scrums when the prop was in the bin? Whites got the tap kick but I was surprised to see that in 1st grade?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What was the story with Darra not contesting scrums when the prop was in the bin? Whites got the tap kick but I was surprised to see that in 1st grade?

Yea forgot to mention that - was very strange - I was under the impression that if that happened in 1st Grade it was game over/i.e it equals an automatic forfeit.

I believe the Whites support staff were asking the officials if this was the case. . .

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
More importantly have we got to the bottom of WTF happened with the steak sandwiches running out during the seconds game?? It wasn't like a surprise crowd of 10k showed up!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
More importantly have we got to the bottom of WTF happened with the steak sandwiches running out during the seconds game?? It wasn't like a surprise crowd of 10k showed up!

My dad let me know they ran out of Milk aswell and this was during the 2nd's game haha

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Can anyone from Tuggies tell me what's the story with Pete Henry? Is he just focussed on being a water boy or does he still have intentions of playing? Injured again?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can anyone from Tuggies tell me what's the story with Pete Henry? Is he just focussed on being a water boy or does he still have intentions of playing? Injured again?

I am sure he played a few weeks ago (only game I have seen him play this year) - I know he has/had major issues with his shoulder - which may be on-going.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thanks Istanbul and No8, good reports as always. Nice to get a rundown when unable to attend. Did you watch the other grades?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Thanks Istanbul and No8, good reports as always. Nice to get a rundown when unable to attend. Did you watch the other grades?

Watched the end of seconds and Tuggies were well in control over Uni and had a fair few good players in reserve on the bench. I was hearing stripper music in my head whenever the ball went near Giltrap but he didn't do anything in the last 20 that would make his highlights reel.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Watched the 2nd half of 2nd Grade - Vikings always looked in control - Uni had some good touches but never looked like troubling Vikings. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.