• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2016 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto.am gonna throw my 10 cents worth in regarding the games this weekend,

Whites to carry on from last week and give some game time to some old faces Win by 35

Royals by 15 but tight for much of the game.

Wests unfortunately get to play against a bear that has been poked.Vikings by 40
Don't mind that prediction, think Vikings won't win as well... The cracks might be showing.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Will be interesting to see where Nic White ends up - you think the Brumbies BUT the Brumbies now have some good depthish at Half-Back with the Argie and Powell. being good performers - or does he come back knock the argie down to the bench and Powell back to Erindale goodberries . . .

If White is coming back to Aus next year, he either has to be happy with the bench, or the Force. Powell is clearly the future; strong, quick, agile, and obviously confident in his abilities, and his rugby senses are great (Toua's try of the year last year doesn't happen if he didn't rush back to deal with the kick). I'd be happy to take Pedro for what time he has left and establish Powell as the started after Cubes leaves in 2018.

Accidental Offside

Bob McCowan (2)
You mean that australian barbarians team that was coached by the tuggeranong and canberra vikings coach?

so if they are after cover for ita vaea that should certainly go with noa over OH because as you said he is a big ball carrier

You've got to be kidding me, you think Brad Harris selected the Barbarians team? You've got no idea.

Brad Harris was a co-coah of the team, so yes he would've had some influence but theres no way he would've selected the team.

There was a team of selectors for that tour and I doubt they would've taken OH if only Brad Harris wanted him there.

Try to be a bit levelled with your opinions much like No.8, you just sound like a stereotype classic jaded Queanbeyan supporter.

Before you accuse I have absolutely 0 connection with Tuggeranong, just calling a spade a spade, OH is a talented footballer (So is OJ btw) and he has earned his successes. They haven't been gifter to him because he is a Viking.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Sounds like you don't know what you're on about either, I'm fairly certain you do have a bit to do with the Vikings.

I don't want to name my source but I can confirm Brad Harris did select that team.

Everyone knows Vikings players get gifted on the back of not much.

If you cant name the "source" can you at least name "everyone"

Accidental Offside

Bob McCowan (2)
Sounds like you don't know what you're on about either, I'm fairly certain you do have a bit to do with the Vikings.

I don't want to name my source but I can confirm Brad Harris did select that team.

hahahaha mate you don't have any source, I'm certain of that.

If you think the ARU just went "Brad you select this team all by yourself, don't worry about consulting anyone else" you're kidding yourself.

I can assure you I've got nothing to do with Vikings, doesn't really bother me if you believe me or not.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Everyone that follows this competition. The unfair bias to all Vikings players is a disgrace.

http://s-AK (Andrew Kellaway).buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2010/12/4/19/enhanced-buzz-17103-1291507511-9.jpg

lockerroom

Frank Row (1)
Whites (plus 10) to annihilate a struggling Easts side which is desperate for a win but well and truly far from achieving one. Whites are no doubt the dominant side of the competition so far and will be interesting to see how they mentally approach a game which should be a walk in the park for them.

Eagles (less than 10) to edge out Royals in a tight, physical and low scoring affair. Royals have a rock solid defensive shape while the Eagles have proven they can score tries and plenty of them. Expect the Eagles pack to just get on the top of the opposition forwards, laying the groundwork for good go forward, particularly for the backs who can score from anywhere on the field. Royals will mount a solid effort, but I'll give this one to the Eagles.

Vikings (plus 10) will make no mistake in putting Wests away quite convincingly. Normally this would be a close contest, but Wests are nowhere near as strong as they've been in previous years and I expect this to show again this weekend.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Umm sorry mate but I do have a pretty good source, obviously not going to name him.

That's pretty much how it went mate. Brad basically got told he could pick it and the others (including my source) would assist him if need be.

Good for you mate, obviously sounds like you do.

OK buddy, from the Barbarians team announcement as reported by Reg on the front page...........

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/nrc-player-of-the-year-oz-baabaas-announced/

The squad was chosen by a panel of selectors chaired by Adrian Thompson (ARU Pathway Services Manager), both coaches as well as former Wallaby Stephen Hoiles.
PROPS

Cameron Orr (Greater Sydney Rams) – aged 20
Hayden Hirismaki (Queensland Country) – aged 27
Tyrel Lomax (UC Vikings) – aged 19
Duncan Chubb (Melbourne Rising) – aged 27
HOOKERS

Luke Holmes (North Harbour Rays) – aged 31
Ryan Dalziel (CSU Country Eagles) – aged 27
LOCKS

Matt Philip (Sydney Stars) – aged 21
Ben Hyne (Brisbane City) – aged 21
Phil Potgieter (Queensland Country) – aged 20
BACKROW FORWARDS

Waita Setu (Brisbane City) – aged 23
Rowan Perry (UC Vikings) – aged 21
Sam Figg (CSU Country Eagles) – aged 23
Dean Oakman-Hunt (UC Vikings) – aged 22
Pauli Tuala (CSU Country Eagles) – aged 30
Mark Baldwin (CSU Country Eagles) – aged 22
SCRUMHALVES

Mitch Short (CSU Country Eagles) – aged 20
Dewet Roos (Greater Sydney Rams) – aged 25
FLYHALF

Rod Iona (UC Vikings) – aged 24
CENTRES

Reece Hodge (North Harbour Rays) – aged 21
Andrew Robinson (Sydney Stars) – aged 21
Tom Hill (North Harbour Rays) – aged 25
Charli Clifton (CSU Country Eagles) – aged 24
OUTSIDE BACKS

Maalonga Konelio (Perth Spirit) – aged 26
Paul Asquith (Greater Sydney Rams) – aged 22
Jarome McKenzie (CSU Country Eagles) – aged 24
Harry Jones (Sydney Stars) – aged 19

You'll might not last too long around here if you continue to smear people by spreading these loony, conspiratorial false allegations......... time to put away the tinfoil.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really great to see Powell get fifteen minutes last night, proof that the JID can still push out players worthy of a Brumbies jersey. Also thrilled to see Staniforth having such an impact when he comes on, he really thrives in the chaos and looks to make it at every breakdown, and seems to have learnt from his JID and NRC mistakes when it comes to penalties.
Noa and Oakman-Hunt are good to have around for depth at 8, but Sioni and Jones look to be up there in terms of talent as well, and Rocky is definitely worth keeping an eye on.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
1st Grade Scores:

East 26 - Whites 50

Royals 33 - Eagles 27

Vikings 41 - Wests 27

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Was at the Easts V Whites game - going into the 2nd half I was thinking possibly the one week I don't pick Easts they could come away with one of their biggest wins in years - with a very close score after the 1st half.

I am a Whites supporter but have to say today was prob one of the worst games I have seen them play in awhile - biggest positive was the scrum - they basically dominated every scrum - getting 2 penalty tries out of it.

Other than that not much to say - Easts were up for the fight and with better finishing/more experience could of possibly pushed a game like this closer - the score really doesn't reflect how close the game was with a few late tries to the Whites. . .

Def back to the drawing board for the whites/they need to re-focus for a big game V Royals next week - if they play like they did today they could be in for a long day V Royals.

Good to see basically all the injured players back in 2nd's/1st's - making appearances. . .

ACTRugbyInsider

Stan Wickham (3)
Can honestly see Vikings colts not making the grand final this year after a terrible game against Wests (Vikings lost 28 - 30) who had just come off like an 80 point loss against Royals! wouldnt be shocked to see Royals play Eagles in the colts grand final

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can honestly see Vikings colts not making the grand final this year after a terrible game against Wests (Vikings lost 28 - 30) who had just come off like an 80 point loss against Royals! wouldnt be shocked to see Royals play Eagles in the colts grand final

Yea surprising to see Vikings Colts drop that game - maybe under-estimated the Wests boys.

ACTRugbyInsider

Stan Wickham (3)
they lost round 1 to Vikings but picked up two wins against Queanbeyan - they have a strong squad capable of challenging all teams in the comp

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Write up from the Whites website - basically sums up the game well -

It is unusual for one penalty try to be awarded let alone two. Easts gave away the two and another six as the Whites scored 50 points to 26 at Griffith Oval.
A much more competitive Easts made sure that Queanbeyan played hard for the full game with only five points separating the sides at oranges. Easts scored the first to scare their visitors into gear.
Tries were shared around with prop Neori Nadruku getting a rare touch down, Nela Moa two, and the Wells team mates, Michael and Josh, one each. Maybe Zac Tarrant scored the other.
The penalty tries led to both the Easts props spending time in the sin bin and that was an indication of the pack’s dominance. The front row of Nadruku, Carl Elliot and Les Leulua’ iali’ i-Makin (just call me Les) was totally dominating.
There were periods of sloppy play and the passing was poor with the inside backs throwing shockers. On the other hand when the ball was delivered in front and at the right speed the back line was on song.
No 8 OJ Noa again led the charge with Ryan Jones in attack while Wells and Nadruku were brutal in defence.
Scores in the other grades were: seconds won 56-0, colts 61-12, thirds 48-10 and fourths over the previously undefeated RMC 21-7.
http://whitesrugby.com/two-penalty-tries-and-six-more/

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Whites by 40 over Easts
Eagles over Royals by 13
Wests and Tuggies to draw

What odds do I get on that multi?[/quote]

I would just like to point out that my three predictions including the draw were bang on the money! The three second grade results all aligned with my tips!!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I'd have the whities as premiership favourites at this stage. Royals are ticking along nicely and Tuggies are always strong but I'm liking the QBN depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.