• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2016 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Around the Grounds -

ACT Club Rugby competition round 17 results

Premier Division

Uni Norths v Gungahlin
1s Gungahlin 31 Uni Norths 26
2s Uni Norths 19 Gungahlin 17

Royals v Tuggeranong
1s royals 30 Tuggeranong 28
2s Tuggeranong 24 Royals 15
Colts Royals 31 Tuggeranong 22

Wests v Easts
1s Wests 25 Easts 22

First division

Uni Norths v Gungahlin
1s Gungahlin 8 Uni Norths 5

Royals v Tuggeranong
1s Tuggeranong 33 Royals 17
2s Tuggeranong 48 Royals 14

Cooma v Qbn
1s Queanbeyan 21 Cooma 0
2s Queanbeyan 33 Cooma 10

Goulburn v Hall
1s Goulburn 19 Hall 7
2s Hall 31 Goulburn 0

Young v ADFA
1s ADFA 45 Young 19
2s Young 19 ADFA 0

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What a great game of Rugby the Royals V's Vikings game was - both teams were fired up but Royals just had that edge - when Tom Staniforth came on for Royals about 30 mins in they really kicked up a gear.

I have to say it but I think out of the top 4 sides I think Vikings have the worst forward pack - Oakman-Hunt tried hard today but the other guys are just lack-luster.

Trying to work out if the Vikings loss gives the Queanbeyan Whites the Minor Premiership or because Vikings got a bonus point loss does that keep them in front?

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
What a great game of Rugby the Royals V's Vikings game was - both teams were fired up but Royals just had that edge - when Tom Staniforth came on for Royals about 30 mins in they really kicked up a gear.

I have to say it but I think out of the top 4 sides I think Vikings have the worst forward pack - Oakman-Hunt tried hard today but the other guys are just lack-luster.

Trying to work out if the Vikings loss gives the Queanbeyan Whites the Minor Premiership or because Vikings got a bonus point loss does that keep them in front?

Prior to todays game Tuggers were on 68 and Whites 64.
I gather Tuggers will now go to 69 and Whites 68

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
FT so far:

Gungahlin with 14 men (down to 13 at one stage) with a late try to beat Uni-Norths 31-26
Royals beat Vikings 30-28
Wests 25 beat Easts 22

Most even JID in years! Can't recall the last time all 3 games in a round were settled by less than 7 points

returnofthe_greyhound

Frank Row (1)
Royals 30 over Tuggies 28
Went out to the Royals Tuggies game today. Can't help but feel (unfortunately) Tuggies weren't the second best team out there today. Two soft tries to Royals midway through the second half put them up, and without that it looked as though Vikings were going to runaway with it.

Despite this, of the three other finalists, Vikings have now lost their previous encounters against both Gungahlin and Royals, and with only a last minute kick getting them over the line against Whities...is this Vikings stumbling at the pointy end of the season?

The usual suspects were best performers for mine. Ben Johnston and Steve Sione for Royals and Michael Henry, Dean Oakmen-Hunt, Jake Rakic for Vikings.

No doubt in my mind that Henry outplayed McInerney. Still don't undertstand how he missed out on NRC selection.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Went out to the Royals Tuggies game today. Can't help but feel (unfortunately) Tuggies weren't the second best team out there today. Two soft tries to Royals midway through the second half put them up, and without that it looked as though Vikings were going to runaway with it.

Despite this, of the three other finalists, Vikings have now lost their previous encounters against both Gungahlin and Royals, and with only a last minute kick getting them over the line against Whities.is this Vikings stumbling at the pointy end of the season?

The usual suspects were best performers for mine. Ben Johnston and Steve Sione for Royals and Michael Henry, Dean Oakmen-Hunt, Jake Rakic for Vikings.

No doubt in my mind that Henry outplayed McInerney. Still don't undertstand how he missed out on NRC selection.

Thanks ROTG as I didn't get to the game its good to get a number of views.
Heard that the Vikings had a couple of backs carrying what appeared to be obvious injuries yet weren't subbed at any stage. If this was the case, it seems odd that the coach would not trust his reserves and look after his starters. anyone have any thoughts?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Despite this, of the three other finalists, Vikings have now lost their previous encounters against both Gungahlin and Royals, and with only a last minute kick getting them over the line against Whities.is this Vikings stumbling at the pointy end of the season?

Yea mate at one point (early into the 2nd half) I thought here we go Vikings are going to put 50 on the blue men.

McInerney and Henry both played really well - I do agree Henry had the edge on McInerney today - I am sure that was his goal!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Thanks ROTG as I didn't get to the game its good to get a number of views.
Heard that the Vikings had a couple of backs carrying what appeared to be obvious injuries yet weren't subbed at any stage. If this was the case, it seems odd that the coach would not trust his reserves and look after his starters. anyone have any thoughts?

Now I think of it - I can't think of any subs backs or forwards coming on for Vikings - very weird.

Also ROTG.did you watch the 2nds? Your thoughts.standouts?

I watched most of 2nds - Vikings looked the better of both sides - but not really much to report in this game to be honest - the No.6 for Vikings (I believe Tonga) is a gun - I am not sure how he isn't in the 1st grade side.

Out of the woodwork

Allen Oxlade (6)
I had it the other way round, McInerney over Henry.
I think we've started our run for the year. Dara vs Royals next Sunday will be an absolute belter of a game, as will Vikings and Queanbeyan. I have a feeling that we will get through next week, we'll take a lot out of today, and it seems that Dara only just accounted for the students. I know it got a lot of traction last year, so I'm going to bust it out again, #3000onthehill next Sunday.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm tipping whoever loses out of QBN v Vikings will lose again the following week. The two winning teams this weekend will play off in the GF.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Anyone see the Pato Noreago punch that led to his send off? Will he be lining up next week or is he likely to get a couple of weeks suspension?

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good to see a lot of you guys went out to the Vikings vs Royals game.

I watched both grades. The second grade game was also a cracker. Gilltrap was outstanding for the 2s backs. Blackmore, McGrath and Junior seemed to carry the load in the forwards. This Vikings 2s team could be very dangerous going forward with some of the Brumbies guys coming back into club rugby.

1st grade was a really good game of footy. It looks like once again royals are coming good at the end of the year while the Vikings may have already hit their peak. Dean Oakmon-hunt was fantastic again and it looked like Henry was out there to prove a point. It seemed like the other 6 forwards were happy to let those to do all the work.

It's interesting to note that the Vikings didn't make a single substitution. This really baffles me. They've got a number of quality players who can make an impact off the bench. It was clear to everyone in the stands that what they were doing wasn't working and they needed a spark. Poor Tyrel Lomax looked like he was about to have a heart attack with 20 to go he was absolutely busted as were a couple of other boys.

Anyway, maybe that's why I'm not a coach. Royals played really well and deserved the win. It's going to be a very interesting finals series.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Now I think of it - I can't think of any subs backs or forwards coming on for Vikings - very weird.

I watched most of 2nds - Vikings looked the better of both sides - but not really much to report in this game to be honest - the No.6 for Vikings (I believe Tonga) is a gun - I am not sure how he isn't in the 1st grade side.

Rugbynet says that Tonga had 4 games in 1sts this year.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Rugbynet says that Tonga had 4 games in 1sts this year.

Yea mate thats what I mean he has played 1st grade and everytime I see him play he kills it - not sure how they don't have him in the 1st grade side week in week out.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
I watched both grades. The second grade game was also a cracker. Gilltrap was outstanding for the 2s backs. Blackmore, McGrath and Junior seemed to carry the load in the forwards. This Vikings 2s team could be very dangerous going forward with some of the Brumbies guys coming back into club rugby.

Agree Macka....similar thoughts earlier in the thread. Should AhWong return who goes to 2nds?... Thompson, Suavai or Robinson. Have a feeling Robinsons versatility may work against him as Suavai seems to be a bit of a golden child.

On Giltrap...did he score again? He certainly knows his way to the line with I think, 10 tries in the past 2 games since he was dropped.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Good to see a lot of you guys went out to the Vikings vs Royals game.

1st grade was a really good game of footy. It looks like once again royals are coming good at the end of the year while the Vikings may have already hit their peak. Dean Oakmon-hunt was fantastic again and it looked like Henry was out there to prove a point. It seemed like the other 6 forwards were happy to let those to do all the work.

It's interesting to note that the Vikings didn't make a single substitution. This really baffles me. They've got a number of quality players who can make an impact off the bench. It was clear to everyone in the stands that what they were doing wasn't working and they needed a spark. Poor Tyrel Lomax looked like he was about to have a heart attack with 20 to go he was absolutely busted as were a couple of other boys.

Anyway, maybe that's why I'm not a coach. Royals played really well and deserved the win. It's going to be a very interesting finals series.

As I said above I didn't think they made any substitutions which as you said baffles the mind - possibly with some replacements in the forwards and someone like Gilltrap it could of opened the game up abit and they could of got the win.

And also most/if not all of these players will be playing next week - why put the extra stress on their recovery to try and win really a game that means nothing besides the Minor Premierships - very strange choice to keep all the players on their - I would of made major changes after the 1st half simply to rest these players.

I have said it before I honestly think Royals are the most dangerous side in the comp - very unpredictable side.

On a side note who is the young centre for Royals with the long hair? Far out everytime I see him he plays out of his skin - such a good player.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yea mate thats what I mean he has played 1st grade and everytime I see him play he kills it - not sure how they don't have him in the 1st grade side week in week out.

Haha...As Macka says that's why we are not coaches

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
On the subject of Rugbynet...It has ceased updating the player statistics in terms of tries /points scored. Anyone know why. It still updates matches played etc

Status
Not open for further replies.