• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2016 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I watched both grades. The second grade game was also a cracker. Gilltrap was outstanding for the 2s backs. Blackmore, McGrath and Junior seemed to carry the load in the forwards. This Vikings 2s team could be very dangerous going forward with some of the Brumbies guys coming back into club rugby.

Agree Macka..similar thoughts earlier in the thread. Should AhWong return who goes to 2nds?. Thompson, Suavai or Robinson. Have a feeling Robinsons versatility may work against him as Suavai seems to be a bit of a golden child.

On Giltrap.did he score again? He certainly knows his way to the line with I think, 10 tries in the past 2 games since he was dropped.

Think you'd have to move Robinson down at the moment - I really rate him but considering he has moved from 10, 12, now the wing - the next step is 2nd's haha.

Can't remember if Gilltrap scored (he must of) - he was ripping the defence to shreds.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Think you'd have to move Robinson down at the moment - I really rate him but considering he has moved from 10, 12, now the wing - the next step is 2nd's haha.

Can't remember if Gilltrap scored (he must of) - he was ripping the defence to shreds.

...or prop

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
I watched both grades. The second grade game was also a cracker. Gilltrap was outstanding for the 2s backs. Blackmore, McGrath and Junior seemed to carry the load in the forwards. This Vikings 2s team could be very dangerous going forward with some of the Brumbies guys coming back into club rugby.

Agree Macka..similar thoughts earlier in the thread. Should AhWong return who goes to 2nds?. Thompson, Suavai or Robinson. Have a feeling Robinsons versatility may work against him as Suavai seems to be a bit of a golden child.

On Giltrap.did he score again? He certainly knows his way to the line with I think, 10 tries in the past 2 games since he was dropped.

Yeah I tend to agree Robinson probably ends up in the centres for 2s. The coach has stuck with suavai throughout the year so I can't see him getting dropped. You've also got Powell to come in for Bowden. Jarrad butler will most probably play which puts swain or vejvoda back to colts or 2s respectively.

I doubt whether it will happen but there's also a chance Scott Sio and Christian Lealifano come back too. Should that happen we could see a McGrath Lomax or Taula front row in 2nd grade which is a scary thought. And either Thompson or Jackson-hope in 2s as well. Very unlikely this scenario plays out but you never know.

I don't think gilltrap got over the line but he certainly was a difference maker.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yeah I tend to agree Robinson probably ends up in the centres for 2s. The coach has stuck with suavai throughout the year so I can't see him getting dropped. You've also got Powell to come in for Bowden. Jarrad butler will most probably play which puts swain or vejvoda back to colts or 2s respectively.

I doubt whether it will happen but there's also a chance Scott Sio and Christian Lealifano come back too. Should that happen we could see a McGrath Lomax or Taula front row in 2nd grade which is a scary thought. And either Thompson or Jackson-hope in 2s as well. Very unlikely this scenario plays out but you never know.

I don't think gilltrap got over the line but he certainly was a difference maker.

If Lealifano comes back, he will likely go to 15 like last year and Suavai , despite not missing a game, will go down again. Doubt the 2nds coach will move Giltrap from 15 in the form he's in so Suavai will go to13. Far out.....
9- Bowden
10-
11- Murray
12-Robinson
13-Suavai
14-Ravouvou
15-Giltrap

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yea will be interesting to see who the Vikings get back - you would think even if Sio and Lealiifano play next weekend/and even the weekend after (if they don't win) - they wouldn't be in the Grand Final considering the Wallabies play the All Blacks the week after.

Just think if Sio and Lealiifano aren't picked in the Wallabies side haha. . . .

Also we are forgetting Fanifo aswell in the 2nd grade side - he was named in the side yesterday but I don't believe he played.

They would prob go with something like this possibly? -

9- Bowden
10- Robinson
11- Murray
12- Suavai
13- Fanifo
14-Ravouvou
15-Giltrap

Remember also the Vikings have been knocked out of the 3rd Grade finals - so some guys not playing 2nd's could find themselves in 4th grade lol. . .

Or in finals can all sides have fresh reverses?

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yea will be interesting to see who the Vikings get back - you would think even if Sio and Lealiifano play next weekend/and even the weekend after (if they don't win) - they wouldn't be in the Grand Final considering the Wallabies play the All Blacks the week after.

Just think if Sio and Lealiifano aren't picked in the Wallabies side haha. .

Also we are forgetting Fanifo aswell in the 2nd grade side - he was named in the side yesterday but I don't believe he played.

They would prob go with something like this possibly? -

9- Bowden

10- Robinson

11- Murray

12- Suavai

13- Fanifo

14-Ravouvou

15-Giltrap

Remember also the Vikings have been knocked out of the 3rd Grade finals - so some guys not playing 2nd's could find themselves in 4th grade lol.

Or in finals can all sides have fresh reverses?

Geez forgot Frankie...that would have to be just about the best 2nd grade backline in JID history

Uncle Joe

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone see the Pato Noreago punch that led to his send off? Will he be lining up next week or is he likely to get a couple of weeks suspension?

He got red carded. if I am not wrong that is a week sit down automatically. nothing to appeal he punched him. Eagles have the Dobson boys they will go OK.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
anyone give me the heads up on the finals? Are they just starting this weekend and if so who is playing?

nipnipnip

Frank Nicholson (4)
Courtesy of Monaro Rugby Facebook page -

finals1.JPG
finals 2.JPG

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
He got red carded. if I am not wrong that is a week sit down automatically. nothing to appeal he punched him. Eagles have the Dobson boys they will go OK.

Thanks uncle joe, wasn't aware of the automatic 1 week ban. You think that's all he will get or does he still need to face a judiciary? Any other news out of Darra land you can share?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Thanks uncle joe, wasn't aware of the automatic 1 week ban. You think that's all he will get or does he still need to face a judiciary? Any other news out of Darra land you can share?

I believe it is an automatic 1 week ban + needing to go to judiciary to determine the ban length i.e more than 1 week.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
what do the other final sides look like with their Brumbies back?

Off the top of my head I guess we could really see any of the below players this weekend - Not sure if the Brumbies players that are leaving would still be able to play club rugby the next few weeks - I guess so? i.e Michael Wells, To'omua. . .

VIKINGS:
Nigel Ah Wong
Jarrad Butler
Christian Lealiifano
Scott Sio
Joe Powell

ROYALS:
Tom Staniforth
Lausii Taliauli
Matt To'omua
Sam Carter

GUNGAHLIN:
Rory Arnold
James Dargaville
Josh Mann-Rea

QUEANBEYAN:
Robbie Coleman
Tevita Kuridrani
Leslie Leulua'iali'i-Makin
Andrew Smith
Michael Wells

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No that's wrong

Which part? Automatic week ban or needing to go to judiciary aswell?

I remember when I got a red card once I got automatic 1 week ban then needed to go to judiciary (ACTRU) - 1 week ended up being 3.

Would really like to see Pato play - looks like he has had an up and down season with injury/s.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Off the top of my head I guess we could really see any of the below players this weekend - Not sure if the Brumbies players that are leaving would still be able to play club rugby the next few weeks - I guess so? i.e Michael Wells, To'omua.

VIKINGS:

Nigel Ah Wong

Jarrad Butler

Christian Lealiifano

Scott Sio

Joe Powell

ROYALS:

Tom Staniforth

Lausii Taliauli

Matt To'omua

Sam Carter

GUNGAHLIN:

Rory Arnold

James Dargaville

Josh Mann-Rea

QUEANBEYAN:

Robbie Coleman

Tevita Kuridrani

Leslie Leulua'iali'i-Makin

Andrew Smith

Michael Wells

Thanks No8 but what will the actual teams look like. As we've done with the Vikings, it would be interesting to see who gives up their spot and what their 2s would then look like

Status
Not open for further replies.