• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2017 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Predictions this weekend:

Uni V's Vikings @ Uni

Didn't watch the Uni game last week but going off the scoreline/what I have heard they were weak. Had a look at the side they fielded aswell and not really impressive - I know its early days but I think they will be battling it out for the wooden spoon with Easts this year.

Vikings seem very same old - not stronger/not weaker - I expect them to put 30-40 points on Uni.

This game for the Vikings though could be the perfect game leading into the game with Queanbeyan in a couple weeks - Queanbeyan this week have the BYE, then have Easter, then play Vikings - I think the Uni game for Vikings plus the Easter weekend could be the perfect combo to over-come Queanbeyan in a couple weeks.

Gungahlin V's Royals @ Nicholls

This game will be a cracker I reckon - we could be looking at the 2 power house sides this year - I honestly don't know who will win this one but I am going to go with Eagles to win in a close match - by 3

BYE - Queanbeyan, Wests, Easts

Don't think I will venture out to either game this weekend - might stay in - get the Livestream of John I Dent up and the Shute Shield on the TV.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Interestingly the year that occurred was a particularly bad year for referee abuse, and a year that the judiciary decided that they needed to be firmer on it. The 22 year old referee he sprayed didn't have a fantastic game, on the back of the abuse he received, and it was particularly vulgar he quit refereeing...
Didier is a very nice man off the field but once he crosses the sideline and a switch is flicked ... a very different man.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Interestingly the year that occurred was a particularly bad year for referee abuse, and a year that the judiciary decided that they needed to be firmer on it. The 22 year old referee he sprayed didn't have a fantastic game, on the back of the abuse he received, and it was particularly vulgar he quit refereeing.
Didier is a very nice man off the field but once he crosses the sideline and a switch is flicked . a very different man.

There is an obvious middle ground compromise here - Didier should be invited to referee the exhibition match!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
.or serve on the judiciary

Can you imagine it. Anything short of murdering an opposition player or burning down a club house would be considered to be part of the general rough and tumble associated with game and wouldn't warrant more than an apology.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Just watched a bit of the livestream of the Royals v Darra game and hard not to be impressed by the men in blue. Good front row, a very handy looking lock and a very slick backline. The second half was all royals even when down a man for 10 mins. It's early days in a long season but you wouldn't blame royals for liking their chances after two strong outings.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Who is the Royals 15 who has pushed Ben Johnson to the wing? He looked very handy. I will also say with confidence that the Royals 10 Cole is the best ranga flyhalf seen in the JID since Craig Robbards

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Tuggeranong finish on top in 1st grade winning 28-12.

4th Grade Vikings won 43-5
3rd Grade Vikings won 48-19
Colts Vikings won 55-12
2nd Grade Uni won 27-26.

Did you see the games bluebags? Seconds is a great win for Unis and firsts seems closer than most may have thought. Did Tuggies have an off day or are Unis better than we thought?

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Did you see the games bluebags? Seconds is a great win for Unis and firsts seems closer than most may have thought. Did Tuggies have an off day or are Unis better than we thought?

No mate...didnt end up going. However, a mate who did go, reported that it was pretty scrappy and the vikings apparently played the last 10 minutes with 13 men.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
So apart from the Vikings who is gonna be there on GF day? Or is it still too early?

Still too early but if you take the logic that Darra beat Qbn and Royals pumped Darra you would have to say Royals are looking good. I think Wests will put in a good show this year also. Bit surprised Vikes didn't put more on Unis - Perhaps the brumbies coming in might have confused a few combinations or maybe Vikes are easing into 2017. You don't win premierships in April!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Any thoughts on whether the reduction in Aussie super rugby teams will have much of a trickle down effect to the JID? With one less avenue to super rugby might we see more talent playing locally seeking a start with Brumbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.