• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2017 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Wests have come to play!! The gimme goal from in front hit the timber. Royals took a 3 nil lead but with 2 mins to half time Wests score 5-3

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Pedro slots a penalty to take Royals to a 6-5 halftime lead. Wests had the better of the first half. Very good scrum and don't seem to be missing Coutts. Royals have taken the 7 off and thrown Carter into the game. He will be relieved to get some respite from warming up in front of a westies crowd with very little love for him! Brian Kaino has been huge for Wests and the 13 has been great. Mikie at 4 has been the pick for a royals team that needs a rev up from Southie. Great game - Wests very brave but Royals to run away with it by 15+ in the second half for me

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Congratulations to Royals. Well deserved after being undefeated throughout the year. Cusack MOTM for me, but easy to see why Kaino is held in high regard. A shame that he hasn't been included in the Vikings NRC side.

How good is Muirhead? Pick of the backs from both sides. Maybe a starter for the Brumbies next year.

Huge turnaround in the scrums in the second half. Coincided with Carter coming on? Or with a replacement on the Wests' side?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Great win Royals! For me Wests were great and possibly played above abilities today - Royals were below par and had they hit their straps there score line would have been ugly. As Slim said Cussack was great, Muirhead very good with Mike Fakava the pick of royals in the first half. Pedro and Hamlin dominated in the halves with Leber my pick for Wests. Great first half but always a feel of Harlem Globetrotters about Royals and in the end it was credit to Wests to keep it so close. Big night ahead at the shed in Phillip no doubt!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Remiss of me not mention Brian Kaino - certainly can see what all the hype is about and agree with Slim that he should be a Viking.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Great win by Royals - really never looked in doubt - Wests did well though and I think they have a squad that could stretch the comp again next year.

Plenty of good players - standouts for me were Cusack and Kaino - would of loved to see these guys play for the Vikings together.

Touching on the Whites - it was great to see them win the Colts and 2nd grade - during the year I have thought that in first grade they may not of got selections quite right - players in Colts/2nd Grade should of maybe made the move to 1st Grade abit more - the side I would be looking at next year would look something like; of course depending on who leaves/retires, new players they bring in, Brumbies allocations etc – just my 2 cents in regards to what the starting 15 could/should look like;

1. Tonga Tangitau/Fred Kaihea
2. Carl Elliot/Ben Gordon
3. Neori Nadruku

4. Toby Wilson
5. Ryan Jones (Move to 2nd Row) – Josh Townsend to drop down

6. Justin Sikimeti (Colt)
7. Penca
8. Sok

9. Mitch Douch/Josh White (2nd Grader)
10. Liam Mosley (Colt)

11. Isaiah Latu (Colt)
12. Billy Chalker (2nd Grader)
13. Keith Morgan (2nd Grader)
14. Josh Wells (2nd Grader)
15. Danny Matthews

Also guys that could be in the mix:
Lewis Bozzato (No.7) (Played mostly 1st Grade this Year)
Toni Fifita (Centre)
Francis Sokai Tai (Tighthead)
Levi Goodwin-Shaw (Lock)
Noa Kurimalawa (Back-row)
Dylan Jancevski (Back-row)

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great win by Royals - really never looked in doubt - Wests did well though and I think they have a squad that could stretch the comp again next year.

Plenty of good players - standouts for me were Cusack and Kaino - would of loved to see these guys play for the Vikings together.

Touching on the Whites - it was great to see them win the Colts and 2nd grade - during the year I have thought that in first grade they may not of got selections quite right - players in Colts/2nd Grade should of maybe made the move to 1st Grade abit more - the side I would be looking at next year would look something like; of course depending on who leaves/retires, new players they bring in, Brumbies allocations etc – just my 2 cents in regards to what the starting 15 could/should look like;

1. Tonga Tangitau/Fred Kaihea
2. Carl Elliot/Ben Gordon
3. Neori Nadruku

4. Toby Wilson
5. Ryan Jones (Move to 2nd Row) – Josh Townsend to drop down

6. Justin Sikimeti (Colt)
7. Penca
8. Sok

9. Mitch Douch/Josh White (2nd Grader)
10. Liam Mosley (Colt)

11. Isaiah Latu (Colt)
12. Billy Chalker (2nd Grader)
13. Keith Morgan (2nd Grader)
14. Josh Wells (2nd Grader)
15. Danny Matthews

Also guys that could be in the mix:
Lewis Bozzato (No.7) (Played mostly 1st Grade this Year)
Toni Fifita (Centre)
Francis Sokai Tai (Tighthead)
Levi Goodwin-Shaw (Lock)
Noa Kurimalawa (Back-row)
Dylan Jancevski (Back-row)

That's your starting 15 for the Canberra Vikings isn't it?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Did the Qbn lads celebrate their premierships properly No 8? Have the Royals boys left the shed at Phillip yet? Any stories or scandals emerging from the celebrations??

Ja Ja Binx

Frank Row (1)
Rumours going around about where the graduating class of schoolboys are heading to next year

Marist-
9. Smith- Royals/Vikings
4. Iles- Royals
5. Kearns- Uni Norths
12. Quinlan- Royals
15. Smith- Royals
7. Smith- Royals

St Edmunds
3. De Masson- Vikings/ Whites
8. Holland- Whites

Grammar-
10. Goddard
reports are the rest will be headed to Easts

The Blindsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm hearing Fahey doesn't have a job at whites anymore? Any idea who's taking over and where Fahey might be headed? Any other major coaching or player movements that people are hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.