• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2018 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Just reading questions for 2018 and the 2017 thread. Not quite right.

So far, a bold prediction of a Royals vs Eagles GF.

Anything else from the knowledgeable or those who just need a rant? Player movements, coaching movements, ramifications of potential expulsion of Penrith from Shute Shield. Does Sydney rugby back itself enough to allow a Canberra team back in....do any of the Canberra teams want to lower themselves to play with the Sydney riff raff???

The big questions for ACT Rugby

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just reading questions for 2018 and the 2017 thread. Not quite right.

So far, a bold prediction of a Royals vs Eagles GF.

Anything else from the knowledgeable or those who just need a rant? Player movements, coaching movements, ramifications of potential expulsion of Penrith from Shute Shield. Does Sydney rugby back itself enough to allow a Canberra team back in..do any of the Canberra teams want to lower themselves to play with the Sydney riff raff???

The big questions for ACT Rugby

It would be a backward step for the ACT if they put a team back into SS, I think. however I am not sure oz rugby has the luxury of taking a mid to long term view just at the moment

Wr1

Stan Wickham (3)
Won’t happen.
Uni-Norths vs Royals is my 2018 GF prediction with Vikings and Daramalan making up the other 2 spots in the finals.

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fairly out there having the students in there !!
Royals vs Tuggies/Qbn/Gungahlin/Wests for mine.
Way too early (and irresponsible) to be making predictions like that.

The Blindsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
Won’t happen.
Uni-Norths vs Royals is my 2018 GF prediction with Vikings and Daramalan making up the other 2 spots in the finals.

Not a chance in this world or the next. I've got uni getting the spoon in 2018 having lost a lot more players then they've gained with Easts picking up a few good players to strengthen depth. Not to mention their new coaching set up. Vikings would have to be favourites picking up Angus Allen from Wests!

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Like dreaming about what to do if you won US Powerball, how good would it be for ACT Rugby to see a Uni-North vs. Easts final in 2018.

Better buy that ticket because the odds are now looking relatively good

Wr1

Stan Wickham (3)
Not a chance in this world or the next. I've got uni getting the spoon in 2018 having lost a lot more players then they've gained with Easts picking up a few good players to strengthen depth. Not to mention their new coaching set up. Vikings would have to be favourites picking up Angus Allen from Wests!

Who have we lost? and who have Easts gained? Allen to the valley? really? That is a disaster for Wests to lose him.

Wr1

Stan Wickham (3)
What is Damien Tyson upto at Easts this year? Him and Cornforth should be able to pass on some wisdom to what will probably be a youthful backline.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tuggeranong Vikings appoint former Brumbies and Wallabies coach Nick Scrivener

Former Wallabies and ACT Brumbies assistant coach Nick Scrivener is going back to where it all started, signing a two-year deal to return to the Tuggeranong Vikings almost 30 years his playing debut.

Scrivener has been signed to fill the void left by Western Force-bound Tim Sampson, who will take over the defunct Super Rugby club for the Indo-Pacific Rugby Championship.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ies-coach-nick-scrivener-20180301-h0wu56.html

The Blindsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anybody got any predictions on this years John I Dent or any news on players moving clubs/clubs picking up new players?
Not much activity going on in this forum compared to previous seasons...

Goodfun

Bob McCowan (2)
Any news on trials? Did hear Vikings gave the Eagles bit of a touch up. Did any readers catch the game?

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
Just heard the score in Wests vs Tuggeranong trials. What on earth has happened to Wests? Grand finalists last year and now copping a hiding. How many players did they have out? Also not looking good for them down the grades? They used to be so strong right across the board. I know it is going back a fair way, but they were 5 from 5 in 05 weren't they? What has happened?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Has Royals picked up any players over the offseason? Staniforth is a big loss and Cussack, Muirhead and Sione won't see much time in Blue. There's half your scrum and your near best back.... big shoes to fill. Tuggies look strong and the Queanbeyan coaching change is a very positive move. Interesting times!

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Just heard the score in Wests vs Tuggeranong trials. What on earth has happened to Wests? Grand finalists last year and now copping a hiding. How many players did they have out? Also not looking good for them down the grades? They used to be so strong right across the board. I know it is going back a fair way, but they were 5 from 5 in 05 weren't they? What has happened?

Wests had 5 1st grade players away apparently, there front row was all second grade or below. What was more concerning was the Colts game...

Status
Not open for further replies.