• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup and ACT competition - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Major semi final: Tuggeranong 32 def Wests 21
Minor semi final: Queanbeyan 25 def Gungahlin 23 - converted try 2 mins after the hooter to win it apparently.

Tuggeranong straight through to the Grand Final, whilst Wests play Queanbeyan for a spot in the GF

J

james tivell

Pat Leafa to Rebels? Maybe Fanning to Force? I'd like to see Hawke have a crack with one of the squads.

Yeah I agree that Leafa and Fanning should be looked at but, Hawke is very questionable as he is inconsistent and is regularly outplayed by opposite numbers such as Rodney Iona (Vikings) and Liam Gallaher (Uni-Norths) both have outplayed him on a number of occasions this year.

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
I watched the Uni Norths and Royals game this year and Liam Gallaher didn't stand out? Rodney Iona is a decent player but lacks the defensive skills of Hawke.

J

james tivell

I watched the Uni Norths and Royals game this year and Liam Gallaher didn't stand out? Rodney Iona is a decent player but lacks the defensive skills of Hawke.

can not comment on the game against Royals but saw him in a 3 games this year such as:

1) his 1st game for the year against gungahlin in which they lost 27-19 and he scored all their points and in their points. In which he would of outplayed both Hawke and connelly.
2) the game against Wests in which he marked Fotu Aulea in the centres and what i could see confidently defended an opponent that probably had a 30+ kg weight advantage not take into account his damage he does in super rugby, while also making a number of line breaks on his own merit.
3) the game against queanbeyan in which he stood up and carried uni to must win game that should have confirmed them a place in the final.

In all of the three games probaly should have been best on ground or adleast from uni.

Rodney's defence does let him down at times but as you said his attack is amazing to watch and some have made careers off less.

How old is Hawke as both of the others are just 21/22 with 3-4 years first grade experience.

F

Filthy

Heard that Wests tried to qualify Steve Larkham for the preliminary final on Saturday. Obvipously desparation!!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
2012 Grand Final will be a replay of 2011 after Wests beat Queanbeyan 20-12 this afternoon.

1st Grade Tuggeranong v Wests
2nd Grade Queanbeyan v Wests
3rd Grade Queanbeyan v Royals
4th Grade Wests v Tuggeranong

F

Filthy

Colts Tuggeranong vs Royals
I expect a similar result to last year in 1st Grade. Interesting that Vikings have dipped out in both 2nd and 3rds. 2nds after not losing a game all year.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Pat McCabe will play a max of 30 mins for Wests in the Grand Final.

As part of ARU rules, when returning from injury that is the most allowed.
Good to see him back.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
At this stage it only looks like Scott Sio and Zack Holmes for the Vikings.

Haven't heard about Wests yet but I suspect Peter Kimlin might be the only one.

G

G&GR News Bot

The 2012 season of Canberra Club Rugby reaches it’s conclusion this Saturday with Tuggeranong Vikings and Western Districts to face off in the Grand Final at Viking Park. In what is a replay of the 2011 Grand Final, Wests will be out for revenge after Tuggeranong ran away with the 2011 title decider with a

Click this link to read the full article...

G

G&GR News Bot

The Tuggeranong Vikings have held off a determined Wests outfit 29-17 and secure back to back John I Dent Cup premierships. It was a game of two halves as Vikings looked like they could run away with, however a determined second half from Wests made the Vikings work hard for the win. Vikings opened the

Click this link to read the full article...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
First grade final was much better than last years effort and Wests could have snatched the win with all the momentum in the second half.

Other results:
2nd grade: Wests 22 drew with Queanbeyan 22
3rd grade: Queanbeyan 44 def Royals 8
4th grade: Wests 45 def Tuggeranong 13
Colts: Tuggeranong 29 def Royals 7
Womens: Queanbeyan 13 def Royals 7

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
First grade final was much better than last years effort and Wests could have snatched the win with all the momentum in the second half.

Other results:
2nd grade: Wests 22 drew with Queanbeyan 22
3rd grade: Queanbeyan 44 def Royals 8
4th grade: Wests 45 def Tuggeranong 13
Colts: Tuggeranong 29 def Royals 7
Womens: Queanbeyan 13 def Royals 7

Certainly was a better match - the speed of play from the Vikings in the first half was astonishing.

Wests lacked the firepower in the backline, but certainly had a dig - Gus McKercher's one on one defence was fantastic.

Hope all enjoyed the gift - the lad was a late call up and certainly didn't disappoint!

Status
Not open for further replies.