• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June 2014 Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
So when is Link ever going to blood some new players? You want to take the current squad who has caps to the next world cup than good luck to you.

It's time to blood some players and this tour is the perfect chance for Link to do it and try some new combo's and get the Wallabies playing a Link style of Rugby.

Yes, winning a grand slam tour would be good. But at the end of the day there is no trophy for it, time the Wallabies started testing new players and preparing a core squad for the 2015 World Cup. After all it's the World Cup and Bledisloe Cup that the fans want to see in the ARU trophy cabinet.

The last time Australia succesfully won a Grand Slam.

Not to have a go at you mate, but thats a long time between drinks.

Perhaps getting the fringe players experience is the job for an Aussie A team, as I don't think it should be at the expense of losing games, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Look, bringing a few new players off the bench against the likes of Scotland and Italy is one thing, playing second string sides and not showing enough respect to the opposition is another.

Robbie Deans has been blooding players for 6 years. It's time we started getting our winning percentage up and started making teams fear us. We are only going to do this by playing our best sides, being consistent and being ruthless with the opposition.

I'm sick of losing to teams we probably should be beating and not playing to our potential..

Edit : Also, I think the experience of beating all of the home nations would give invaluable experience and confidence for the squad, especially as the World Cup will be held in England in 2015...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
With you on that one, Jxxx++. The afternoon test against the Welsh at the SFS last year was both packed and extremely enjoyable. If anything a French test would draw fewer numbers. Homebush should be reserved for AB and Bokke tests only (and BILs).

And the Tahs v Brumbies S15 final!

D

daz

It's time to blood some players and this tour is the perfect chance for Link to do it and try some new combo's and get the Wallabies playing a Link style of Rugby.

All due respect, but we have been blooding players left, right and centre for the last 6 years. Is there a professional player left in the country that hasn't been involved with the Wallabies over that period? At one stage I thought a few of us were in line for a call-up!

If Link doesn't know who our best 22 players are, and what position they should play by now, then the ARU has made a big mistake appointing him.

But I bet you all the change in my pocket, against all the change in your pocket, that Link already knows.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
When was the last test in ACT? 2010. I'm sure some of these Brumbies who are playing for the Wallabies would love to play a test match in front of there supporters who are there week in week out.

Part of the issue with having Tests in the ACT is that Canberra Stadium may not have the amenities to host major Tests, e.g I heard organisers had to stage the media events in facilities next door for the Lions match. This should all be moot if Canberra gets the promised new covered stadium by 2020.

BTW, Perth usually hosts a Test during The Rugby Championship or Tri Nations before that. So they're not missing out entirely like Adelaide.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
No Perth test. What a pile of
Shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We will get Argentina or South Africa in the RC. I reckon we'd draw a pretty good crowd for some else like Wales, France, England or Ireland. Pretty sure we packed out Subi for Ireland back in 2006 or 2007.

Edit: Wallabies vs Ireland 2006: 38k at Subi, Wallabies vs Ireland 2008: 42k at Telstra Dome. Reckon the number would be closer now. Although, logistically it makes sense to have RC games in Perth.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So the times and venue's where named today, even though I never miss a game in Melbourne if the ARU are going to make the game at Ethihad they better make the tickets cheap. Rugby at Ethihad is poor and France will not attract a big crowd so the atmosphere will be crap.

Game

Date

Venue

Kick-off (local time)

Qantas Wallabies v France

Saturday 7 June 2014

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

8:00pm (AEST)

Saturday 14 June 2014

Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

8:00pm (AEST)

Saturday 21 June 2014

Allianz Stadium, Sydney

3:00pm (AEST)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We will get Argentina or South Africa in the RC. I reckon we'd draw a pretty good crowd for some else like Wales, France, England or Ireland. Pretty sure we packed out Subi for Ireland back in 2006 or 2007.

Edit: Wallabies vs Ireland 2006: 38k at Subi, Wallabies vs Ireland 2008: 42k at Telstra Dome. Reckon the number would be closer now. Although, logistically it makes sense to have RC games in Perth.

Perth are getting the Boks next year. Pumas are going to the Gold Coast. It's on the Corporate Hospitality page of the Wallabies website.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

The amount of Irish now living in Melbourne the game would sell out. Would be a Irish home game the same way they took over stadiums at the World Cup.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Likewise for Perth. We had plenty back then but we have plenty more with another 5 years of mining boom.

More the recession fleeing, think they could sell out any venue in Australia at the moment. The amount looking for Lions tickets was crazy. I know a few who joined the Rebels just so they got tickets in the Pre Sales.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd like to think one day I'll see the Wallabies in Canberra again, but then I remember how terribly organised the Lions game this year and the Italy game in 2009.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd like to think one day I'll see the Wallabies in Canberra again, but then I remember how terribly organised the Lions game this year and the Italy game in 2009.

I hope you get a games as well, maybe use the Cricket World Cup to get your structures right and make a impression.

Was pretty happy with the bus service provided from town to the games.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i would pay an extra 15% on the ticket price if it was at AAMI.
Etihad was only good for the lions because it was a sell out. shy 40k and it loses atmosphere very quickly.
not to mention terrible viewing. ARU should scrap the etihad deal unless its england, ireland,or NZ playing.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
i would pay an extra 15% on the ticket price if it was at AAMI.
Etihad was only good for the lions because it was a sell out. shy 40k and it loses atmosphere very quickly.
not to mention terrible viewing. ARU should scrap the etihad deal unless its england, ireland,or NZ playing.

There was only 33 000 at the Wales game in 2012 and the Atmosphere was crap. Can't see the French pulling a bigger crowd than the Walsh in Melbourne either.

Status
Not open for further replies.