• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
By the sound of things im glad i didnt even give the game a cursory glance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
God help us if B.Barrett goes down in a tight match and we have to rely on McKenzie to try and run the side. Mo'unga must start next weekend, regardless of B.Barrett's availability.

Ditto literally any other option at #8. L.Whitelock might be able to chop down an entire pack for a Highlanders team playing with 7% possession, but offers nothing with the ball in hand. A.Ioane isn't available, so get Squire in there. Or Taufua, if he's available. He'd wreck some havoc on both attack and defence.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
God help us if B.Barrett goes down in a tight match and we have to rely on McKenzie to try and run the side. Mo'unga must start next weekend, regardless of B.Barrett's availability.

Ditto literally any other option at #8. L.Whitelock might be able to chop down an entire pack for a Highlanders team playing with 7% possession, but offers nothing with the ball in hand. A.Ioane isn't available, so get Squire in there. Or Taufua, if he's available. He'd wreck some havoc on both attack and defence.

Tafua's out for the series.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Mo'unga is a must.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah I think DMac is going to be a permanent fixture on the bench. ‘Mr utility’

He has no utility as a 10. Didn't he play that part losing to Australia in Brisbane last year. No game management skills, and general decision making (at 10) isn't test standard.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
What do you reckon? Realistic or not?

tumblr_osslpn6yAi1sg3nzko1_540.png

In real speed no it was not realistic challenge to catch the ball. One handed catches of rugby balls pretty rare.

One hand therefore is not a realistic challenge.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
In real speed no it was not realistic challenge to catch the ball. One handed catches of rugby balls pretty rare.

One hand therefore is not a realistic challenge.

Who says you have to catch the ball at all? You're perfectly allowed to play the ball back. That's how most teams win back kick-offs.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
He has no utility as a 10. Didn't he play that part losing to Australia in Brisbane last year. No game management skills, and general decision making (at 10) isn't test standard.

Yep. Honestly, if Hansen didn't indulge B.Barrett's desire to be a first five, then he'd be at fullback, Mo'unga at first five and J.Barrett as the utility.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Who says you have to catch the ball at all? You're perfectly allowed to play the ball back. That's how most teams win back kick-offs.

Maybe Kiwi supporters just like their commentators need to know and understand the rules of the game, well at least as they are written by World Rugby and applied at least to some teams. Please note the word CATCH as I mentioned in my earlier post.

https://laws.worldrugby.org/?highlight=Law 10.4(i)&domain=9&guideline=8

Challenging players in the air - Law 10.4(i)

Play on – Fair challenge with both players in a realistic position to catch the ball. Even if the player(s) land(s) dangerously, play on

Just hope the French fullback takes a leaf from the All Black playbook and claims some nothing internal trial against a nothing side as part of his suspension just as Hanson and Sonny Bill Williams did, both men I think less of for doing so.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rule is clear bu the stupid thing it does not take into account that there was zero intent. He was looking at the ball. However that is the law.

They will ship 50 for sure.

Boring.

Definitely no intent by the French fullback. Purely and simply an accident, even if judged to be careless. Never should be a red card because there is simply no foul play.

OTOH, there was complete intent by Cane to hit the French half back (from his blind side too!) and at least keep him out of the game for the rest of that phase. That is cynical, foul play and deserves a red card much more than an accidental collision.

I also noticed that Squire made two (maybe more that I didn't notice) high tackles, over the shoulder, in the first half that were not pulled up. Both should have been penalties to the French. And if I'm not mistaken, Sam Whitelock appeared to come into a ruck from the side and take a French player out in an illegal manner, at around 52 mins. Did anybody else see that incident? And was it as bad as I thought it might have been? Card territory?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Why no Ioane? Its madness he isn't in the team. Can we have him please?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hell I can't believe I not reading a 100 posts how good the Pom/Bok game was. Hell another great one to watch, look out people The Bokke are coming, and coming strong!!
And can I say for someone who has watched rugby for a very long time how good it was to see something I never thought I would see in my lifetime. A black Springbok going onto a field with his 2 kids in his arms to celebrate a 100 tests and a SA crowd giving him a standing ovation. I talking as someone who watched rugby in from the 60s up to now, it was very good and makes the world a better place I think, especially seeing followed out be a black captain, who is also a very good player I might add!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don't mind that red card. I hate cards. But you have to protect the players. Otherwise players like Izzy won't be good in the air because they will be knocked out every game. If you get away with it saying eyes in the ball it's dangerous. We will have all the best guys in the air in danger.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Geez Shiggins, I worried ,I agreeing with you up to a point:confused:. I posted on Wallaby thread what I thought was a great idea of Shag Hansen ( I know he AB coach so a lot here will hate it), and that is another card , say, a yellow with red stripe or something, that would mean in something that looked like there no intent as the French fullback's did, he would get the new card which would have 10 minutes off, and a trip to judiciary to decide what further punishment, if any was warranted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.