• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
God help us if B.Barrett goes down in a tight match and we have to rely on McKenzie to try and run the side. Mo'unga must start next weekend, regardless of B.Barrett's availability.

Ditto literally any other option at #8. L.Whitelock might be able to chop down an entire pack for a Highlanders team playing with 7% possession, but offers nothing with the ball in hand. A.Ioane isn't available, so get Squire in there. Or Taufua, if he's available. He'd wreck some havoc on both attack and defence.

God help us if our pack play that poorly again next week, and the 2 halfs throw passes behind the 10 as often as happened last night, or whoever starts at 10 will look pretty average. I do believe that Mounga will start next week, but still pretty sure they won't chuck DMac out over last night, or by god it will be a completely new team from here in. They got the series and a few injuries so there will be a few changes, but blaming DMac for AB performance is head in sand stuff!!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I didn't blame him for the team performance. I said he was bad which, in a crucial position, contributes significantly to overall team performance, but does not mean he is solely responsible.

Head in the sand stuff is belligerently playing fullbacks out of position into cubical roles, such as first five and centre. History suggests that it doesn't end well.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I didn't blame him for the team performance. I said he was bad which, in a crucial position, contributes significantly to overall team performance, but does not mean he is solely responsible.

Head in the sand stuff is belligerently playing fullbacks out of position into cubical roles, such as first five and centre. History suggests that it doesn't end well.

Yep fair enough zer0, but I think they genuinely see him as a 10, which I don't have that big a problem with.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Take a bow poite. What a way to ref a game.

Awesome game from both sides

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
In real speed no it was not realistic challenge to catch the ball. One handed catches of rugby balls pretty rare.

One hand therefore is not a realistic challenge.
Geez Shiggins, I worried ,I agreeing with you up to a point:confused:. I posted on Wallaby thread what I thought was a great idea of Shag Hansen ( I know he AB coach so a lot here will hate it), and that is another card , say, a yellow with red stripe or something, that would mean in something that looked like there no intent as the French fullback's did, he would get the new card which would have 10 minutes off, and a trip to judiciary to decide what further punishment, if any was warranted!!
I like the idea that a red card means that player is out of the game. After 10 min they can send someone on to replace him. So it's like 10 min and a forced change. Someone mentioned it on one of the podcasts.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Personally I am glad the Boks won. They will have to do more with the posession they have and tidy up defense somewhat more. There is visible improvement at least. A Fafless Bok side is my concern.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Boks did well last night, but they'd be worried about their defence out wide. They'll get crucified if they continue as they are. The pack was impressive though, especially Vermeulen. He's a beast (pardon the pun) and they've missed him in more recent times. England looking ponderous, frustrated and undisciplined -- just like all teams that Eddie Jones coaches eventually. I think Itoje is a super player, for instance, but he's got a complete lack of self control at times. This week was better, but there are times that he engages in some stupid cheap shots. The England outside backs are impressive, however. They've got some wheels and good hands too. The key is to suffocate their midfield, which isn't hard most of the time, because Farrell is one of the more overrated players in world rugby for mine.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
I like the idea that a red card means that player is out of the game. After 10 min they can send someone on to replace him. So it's like 10 min and a forced change. Someone mentioned it on one of the podcasts.

Yeah somthing like that needs to happen. Two reds cards on the weekend. one was for 65 minutes and the other was for 1 mintue. Crazy system.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Boks did well last night, but they'd be worried about their defence out wide. They'll get crucified if they continue as they are. The pack was impressive though, especially Vermeulen. He's a beast (pardon the pun) and they've missed him in more recent times. England looking ponderous, frustrated and undisciplined -- just like all teams that Eddie Jones coaches eventually. I think Itoje is a super player, for instance, but he's got a complete lack of self control at times. This week was better, but there are times that he engages in some stupid cheap shots. The England outside backs are impressive, however. They've got some wheels and good hands too. The key is to suffocate their midfield, which isn't hard most of the time, because Farrell is one of the more overrated players in world rugby for mine.

The problem starts in the midfield and both the AB's and Wallabies will slaughter us if we don't fix this.

The wings respond to how the centres read the attack. Yes they missed a couple of tackles but by that time they were scrambling already.

The problem starts with 12. De Allende really is the passenger is this team. And Am has been okay. Am would be better alongside Frans Steyn and even better, Jan Serfontein whom I hope Rassie gets back in the setup.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The problem starts in the midfield and both the AB's and Wallabies will slaughter us if we don't fix this.

The wings respond to how the centres read the attack. Yes they missed a couple of tackles but by that time they were scrambling already.

The problem starts with 12. De Allende really is the passenger is this team. And Am has been okay. Am would be better alongside Frans Steyn and even better, Jan Serfontein whom I hope Rassie gets back in the setup.

I have to say I not a huge fan of De Allende either Blue, he seems a little slow in reaction as well as speed, wasn't sure if I was being a bit harsh on him or not, as I haven't watched him too much.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Judiciary have said Hall should not of been red carded, seems they think Gus got it wrong!!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Benjamin Fall's red card has been rescinded.

Common sense prevails.

Agree BJ, but I wonder where that leaves the officials in their interpretation of the contest in the air? Hopefully, puts the TMO back in his box, only to ever come out at the invitation of the central ref. Can't see it happening though.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

Fair points Blue. I notice Kriel was used on the weekend. Spot for him in the starting line up?

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Judiciary have said Hall should not of been red carded, seems they think Gus got it wrong!!
"In reaching that conclusion, it is important to record, that no criticism is made of the referee nor, in our opinion, would any be warranted.

"Unlike the referee we had the benefit of all the video footage, which showed various angles of the incident.

"Unlike the referee we had the luxury of time to deliberate and consider, in private, the incident. In contrast, the referee was required to make his decision in a matter of minutes in the full gaze of the public and without the benefit of all the relevant material.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/06/18/new-zealand-france-fall-red-card-dismissal

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.