• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only one change for Los Pumas, Martin Landajo back at 9:

Argentina: 15 Emiliano Boffelli, 14 Bautista Delguy, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Jeronimo de le Fuente, 11 Ramiro Moyano, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Martin Landajo, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 7 Marcos Kremer, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustin Creevy (c), 1 Santiago Garcia Botta. Replacements: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Javier Diaz, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Matias Alemanno, 20 Tomas Lezana, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22 Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, 23 Sebastian Cancelliere

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rule is clear bu the stupid thing it does not take into account that there was zero intent. He was looking at the ball. However that is the law.

They will ship 50 for sure.

Boring.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Rule is clear bu the stupid thing it does not take into account that there was zero intent. He was looking at the ball. However that is the law.

They will ship 50 for sure.

Boring.

And this is the problem. They've taken any rational thought out of the referees head. It's either black or white in probably the greyest sport going.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
Abs cant win now, the series will be remebered for this, stink red crads should be for eye gouging. stomping on a guy or real intent to hurt, not a dodgy bump
edit, beauden out so i guess we can claim so justice in the red too

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Abs cant win now, the series will be remebered for this, stink red crads should be for eye gouging. stomping on a guy or real intent to hurt, not a dodgy bump
edit, beauden out so i guess we can claim so justice in the red too
Maybe - but it’s hardly the All Blacks fault and nor is it the refs. It is a clear red card under the rules and it has been for a couple of years. The blame lies solely with the French winger.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
McKenzie hardly covering himself with glory, even with a man advantage following a terrible card.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
ABs seem to have forgotten how to cleanout, handing the ball back to the French like it is league. Try on halftime will really break France. Flood gates may well open on the other side of half time.

Reactions: ACR

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
McKenzie hardly covering himself with glory, even with a man advantage following a terrible card.

He's certainly no ten is he. Ioane is electric though, just give him the ball and magic happens. Fancy having Savea's international record and not even getting a look in.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
He's certainly no ten is he. Ioane is electric though, just give him the ball and magic happens. Fancy having Savea's international record and not even getting a look in.

Ioane and Ben Smith have been outstanding every time they've got their hands on the ball. I'm still not convinced that Jordie Barrett offers that much in attack but is nevertheless a solid all round player.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Ioane and Ben Smith have been outstanding every time they've got their hands on the ball. I'm still not convinced that Jordie Barrett offers that much in attack but is nevertheless a solid all round player.

It’s early days for him though. Also I I’d not realise how tall he was, quite a bit more than Folau.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It’s early days for him though. Also I I’d not realise how tall he was, quite a bit more than Folau.

I think he would be better in the centres eventually, he just doesn't seem to have the same sort of lateral movement as some of the other outside backs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dont think I agree with that decision

You know how we stop those decisions, make it illegal to jump for the ball!! I have said it before that perhaps people should have to stay on the ground if it dangerous to jump. As for saying ref got it wrong, he was right or next thing all you have to do is look up at ball and then you will be allowed to take players out! Actually the biggest stuff up Gardiner made was saying Parra was allowed to tap the ball after a penalty and couldn't be tackled! And then he allowed a change of ball for the kick at goal!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dislike that law to, but why is it a terrible decision? It's hardly the ref's fault!
OK terrible law. But Angus decides whether the fullback was in a position to contest the ball, thats subjective. He could still easily have given a yellow. Yes i know thats not what the current interpretation mandates, but he is the one refereeing the game. I just think the Red option for this sort of error is wrong. If the player truly id negligent or really does have no chance to compete the fair enough. We have all seen far worse up endings result in a penalty only. Just my take on how its currently interpreted. As someone above said too black and white in game full of grey areas and game to game interpretations.

Status
Not open for further replies.