• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Drug trafficking should never be legal but if you decriminalise drug use and treat it as a medical issue rather than a judicial issue you reduce a lot of the associated crime.

If you then legalise and tax softer drugs like marijuana (and treat it like alcohol and tobacco), you further reduce crime and put money in state coffers rather than take it away.

The evidence from the foreign jurisdictions that are using these measures is quite compelling.
or you could just expect people to comply with the laws of the land.

Sometimes people just have to tow the line and not take the easy options. Drugs being illegal is an example of why people need will power.

Crime is nothing but taking an easy way out, or cheating if you like.

You either have the mentality that you will work for what you want or you take the easy option by stealing, cheating or getting other to do this for you.

Life needs boundaries, without them the world would be in chaos.

Everyday at work I deal with people who are drug addicts and even the ones who are "on the program". They are using legally obtained drugs instead of street drugs are still a menace to society and will still steal and cheat their way to the next hit. They use the government drugs to meet their needs and then still buy illicit drugs to get higher still.

Even with legalised drugs an addict will still want more.

I prefer the zero tolerance method, while an addict is behind bars he or she can't steal from the general public. This has always and will always be the case.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The media hacks don't seem to want to miss out on this, or are they just out to meet their KPI for column inches.

Tin Foil Hats galore as the "journo's" from the various codes claim that the Gold Coast Suns, Brisbane Lions and Brisbane Broncos may or may not be under investigation.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
or you could just expect people to comply with the laws of the land.

Sometimes people just have to tow the line and not take the easy options. Drugs being illegal is an example of why people need will power.

Crime is nothing but taking an easy way out, or cheating if you like.

You either have the mentality that you will work for what you want or you take the easy option by stealing, cheating or getting other to do this for you.

Life needs boundaries, without them the world would be in chaos.

Everyday at work I deal with people who are drug addicts and even the ones who are "on the program". They are using legally obtained drugs instead of street drugs are still a menace to society and will still steal and cheat their way to the next hit. They use the government drugs to meet their needs and then still buy illicit drugs to get higher still.

Even with legalised drugs an addict will still want more.

I prefer the zero tolerance method, while an addict is behind bars he or she can't steal from the general public. This has always and will always be the case.

Humans have used drugs for thousands of years.

How exactly is the zero tolerance method doing anything but costing society a huge amount of money without doing anything to alleviate the problem?

It's all well and good to say that it is against the law and people shouldn't do it, but that quite clearly is not an effective deterrent.

Drug addicts are the tip of the iceberg in terms of illicit drug use in this country. The vast majority of recreational drug users are normal people who have full time jobs and pay tax.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Mat Rogers on record today saying that drug use was more prevalent in his time in Sydney than on the Gold Coast. He does not say if this includes his time at the Tahs but doesn't rule it out either. Said it's a culture issue not a Gold Coast issue which I agree with, be amazing if no one down south gets caught up in it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Mat Rogers on record today saying that drug use was more prevalent in his time in Sydney than on the Gold Coast. He does not say if this includes his time at the Tahs but doesn't rule it out either. Said it's a culture issue not a Gold Coast issue which I agree with, be amazing if no one down south gets caught up in it.

It would seem unlikely in relation to this investigation.

It seems that the story is about to move to the Broncos.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The investigation may head south with the NSW equivalent of QCCC, more into Mungo land. Hopefully Tahs will be untouched , Sounds kind of ominous for Broncs and Suns

T

TOCC

It would seem unlikely in relation to this investigation.

It seems that the story is about to move to the Broncos.

Well this is an investigation of a QLD based syndicate, so naturally it's going to mostly involved Queenslanders and subsequently QLD athletes..

I live in Sydney and people are pretty naive if they think this is just a QLD issue, it's just a matter of people in NSW not been caught yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well this is an investigation of a QLD based syndicate, so naturally it's going to mostly involved Queenslanders and subsequently QLD athletes..

I live in Sydney and people are pretty naive if they think this is just a QLD issue, it's just a matter of people in NSW not been caught yet.

Of course the whole drugs thing isn't just a Queensland issue.

My point was that Sydney based teams are very unlikely to get caught up in this investigation because clearly their drug dealers aren't based on the Gold Coast.

D

daz

I must admit it has been amusing to listen to Melbourne radio/talkback this week. When discussing K Hunt it is all about how rampant drug use is in the "other" codes, and how the club officials of "other" codes need to enforce greater discipline and process.

This from the Victoria-centric code that has almost an entire team under suspension from performance enhancing blood injections, a 3-strike policy that is vague at best and utterly shameful at worst, and the biggest irony of all, completely "forgetting" to mention that the alleged offences of K Hunt allegedly occurred while playing for, and contracted to, an AFL club.

I love how easy it is to take the moral high ground when it has been reclaimed and molded from a swamp full of broken glass houses and stones.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not to mention:
  1. More environmentally friendly
  2. Allows you to create better art while high
  3. Has tram lines, not just regular lines
  4. Is better at sport
  5. Makes Melbourne the cocaine capital of the world!

D

daz

Not to mention:
  1. More environmentally friendly
  2. Allows you to create better art while high
  3. Has tram lines, not just regular lines
  4. Is better at sport
  5. Makes Melbourne the cocaine capital of the world!

Dude, aren't we starting "Face-Off Part 2" a bit early? Keep your powder dry for the return leg!

;)

T

Tip

I just can't believe that in this day and age this many professional athletes don't understand the number one rule of drug dealing.

Call, don't text.

And obviously they have no regard for basic phone etiquette . Simply don't say "I want a key of coke for Birdy's bucks party", and instead say "Birdy's bucks party is on a fuckin boat swing around beforehand for "Pre's".

Sadly this whole situation just reaffirms the saying: "You can take the player out of League but you can't take the League out of the player"

T

Tip

If the guy you're buying from is the subject of a major investigation, it probably doesn't matter how you handle it you're stuffed.

The onus is on the police to prove that a crime took place. It's a helluva lot harder to prove that a deal took place on a cruise boat, than simply tabling text correspondence and phone conversations.

Regardless, I'm a little pissed off that the CMC - an (formerly) independent body established to fight political corruption has essentially become an extension of the QPS Drug Squad.

Newman stacks it with Liberal cronies. Some resign in protest. He stacks it with more Liberal cronies.
They refuse to investigate corruption in the Queensland Government and instead turned their efforts to winning "media capital". (Ties in with the "Strong government, Strong on crime mantra"

Nothing says "I'm doing my job" better than a Media circus and a couple of high profile victims to slap across the wrist.

Although, It would be fucking marvelous if the CMC could have spent the last 12 months doing their actual job - investigating political corruption - we might not have the Deputy premier / Health minister giving out $7 million dollar health service contracts to a Liberal Party donor without it even going out to tender.

To me, this just wreaks like a bunch of extremely high paid liberal bureaucrats kicking up a media circus in order to save their jobs. The (what seems like) fifty thousand media leaks over the past 2 weeks wreaks of a smokescreen and an agenda.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
And obviously they have no regard for basic phone etiquette . Simply don't say "I want a key of coke for Birdy's bucks party", and instead say "Birdy's bucks party is on a fuckin boat swing around beforehand for "Pre's".

You seem to know a lot about how this is done..

Status
Not open for further replies.