• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
If Thorn is willing to say goodbye to Quade for his little games and Frisby for his midseason parties, then I have no doubt that he will SACK Hunt without any reservations.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah Nah, he'd have to gone you'd think. This type of shit has to stop. No way to spin out of this. Just hope the Reds and RA act quickly and decisively, not allowing this to drag out. We already did the redemption narrative and we are back where we started.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah Nah, he'd have to gone you'd think. This type of shit has to stop. No way to spin out of this.

It’s harsh but whether he had drugs on his person or not he probably should be cut. Not knowing Brisbane well and relying on the suggestion in the Reds thread that nothing good happens in a car park in the Valley after midnight, he needs to be the scapegoat for a change in attitude at all levels of the game.
How much money has the game spent on him? Why isn’t he with his family? Isn’t he in pre-season? If you can’t make a case for terminating his contract out of some combination of all of the above you’re heart’s not in it.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Damn, what a deadset idiot, not only for pissing away his contract, but thinking the cops wouldn't be watching a well known drug user.

I can accept and understand the first offence, but its a massive smack in the face for the men and women who stood by him to supposedly help him 'recover'.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The Valley is like our Kings Cross or Brunswick. It is the night life district, any flavour of night life can be had there, good or seedy. Any story of bad behaviour early in the morning in Brisbane usually originates in the valley.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Must have been buying some icing sugar to make some icing for a cake. Unfortunately it was Colombian icing sugar

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
It will be interesting to see if these charges are dropped.

Doesn't matter, the story is out now, trending on twitter and Facebook and on hundreds of news websites around the world. I would think after the Higgs thing that also happened in the Valley, the cops would look hard at this before proceeding with charges and the media getting hold of it.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am not confident that the red's squad can cope with his loss tbh.

I have said previously that I believe that the squad appears to be unbalanced, and his removal would exacerbate the balance issues.

Who could the reds go after for fullback at this late stage? I can't think of anyone, really.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Definitely needs to go as part of Thorn's revolution. Would rather the best premier grade fullback given a crack. It's funny though, if we paid a little more attention to the antics of these players we would notice that Karmichael is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have heard from a fringe player that there is a number of very high profile reds who love the white line fever.

I'm hoping for a change because there is no way I'm buying a membership when I know half the group is participating in drugs which are so detrimental to their performance/reputation.

The whole organisation could be so much more than what they are at the moment.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Definitely needs to go as part of Thorn's revolution. Would rather the best premier grade fullback given a crack. It's funny though, if we paid a little more attention to the antics of these players we would notice that Karmichael is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have heard from a fringe player that there is a number of very high profile reds who love the white line fever.

I'm hoping for a change because there is no way I'm buying a membership when I know half the group is participating in drugs which are so detrimental to their performance/reputation.

The whole organisation could be so much more than what they are at the moment.

How about we stick with the issues in front of us without the stretching expansion that is without evidence?

It's bad enough without pushing it.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
"“There were two males involved and there has been a subsequent charge of possession. They have been charged conjointly.”

A police spokesman confirmed a 31-year-old man had been charged with two counts of drug possession.

Police will allege the men were on the side of the road on McLachlan St.

They were approached after acting suspiciously.

The men were detained, searched and released within the hour. They were both given a notice to appear.

Hunt’s court date has been scheduled for January 29.

The other man, 32, was charged with possession of a thing used in regards to a drug offence.

The charge is in relation to a mobile phone."
from http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/6fec2566f5813d40d9dbaba88067dcac

The phone is probably of the most concern, the charge related to the phone is usually related to supplying dangerous drugs- SMS message organising sales.

He has a good lawyer so I would expect a defence based around the grounds for the search to take place.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
If Thorn is willing to say goodbye to Quade for his little games and Frisby for his midseason parties, then I have no doubt that he will SACK Hunt without any reservations.

If Thorn just sacks him without waiting for a conviction then he will win over my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.