• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Let them walk, if they can't see how his actions have hurt the code then they don't deserve to wear the jersey either.. This sense of entitlement that current players have is over the top, there is too much player power in Australia, too much influence from players , their managers and RUPA..

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
That comment (re players following Kurtley out the door) seems ridiculous and entirely inconsistent with the articles I have read today, particularly comments from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) who was saying that McKenzie has their 100% support and the playing group got together and had a good discussion about everything on Sunday night.

I highly doubt any player would be dumb enough to give up a world cup birth because their mate fucked up. I call bullshit on that comment... I haven't read the article, but just who is this person who is being quoted?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I, for one, hopes that Emac & Pulver call their bluff and send the lot packing.

Whoever is making these threats should shrivel up into a baby and crawl back into their mothers womb because they are not, NOT, NOT the type of people I want representing Australia.

"I walked out on Australian Rugby because they sacked my mate Kurtley Beale after his 1 millionth digression, where he sexually harassed the team manager."

I'd hate to go with state lines here, but Kurtley's closest friends would be the Tah' contingent (the same contingent that spent the entire preseason and Super rugby campaign bitching about Di. the result: Kurtley send those messages after knowing her FOR ONE DAY!) - and it's not a hazard to guess who would want to follow him out the door.

Solution: show whoever supports Beale the door. Make them choose between the honour of playing FOR your country (I think KB (Kurtley Beale) plays for himself) and hanging out with a dropkick in Europe. The only WallaTah player that doesn't have a ready made replacement for next years World Cup is Kepu.

We can lose Robinson, TPN, Palu, Phipps, Foley, Beale, Horne, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau, Skelton and Hooper, as we have Moore, Higgers, Genia, Cooper, Godwin, Leali'ifano, O'Connor, Speight, Pocock and Hunt returning into the fold.
Bold 1. So you know that?
Bold 2. Can't work out if you're just trolling or being wilfully idiotic. You're happy to consign a bunch of players to the dustbin, knowing nothing about the real background, not really having a clue about when all these saviours will be fit or in form. While you're at it, should we blame the entire Waratahs set-up for this whole fiasco?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
you're neither the victim or the alleged perpetrator so your view on the validity of the resolution is irrelevant in the matter.

Then your input is also worth jack shit. In fact, this whole fucking thread is worthless if that is your stand point.

(Well, except for the bit where I try to use the smallest words possible to explain that there is a bigger issue around the management of the team and the failure of policy. That was pretty choice, if you can even see it from up on your high horses.)

I'm not out to hound Patston. Any of you who think that also probably suspect I'm supporting Beale despite numerous fucking disclaimers and other proof in my posts that I'm not. You might even be of the opinion that Quade was justified in calling the Wallaby environment "toxic" under the previous coaching regime - though having said that, I'd better insert another disclaimer:

QUADE STEALING A LAPTOP (an offence punishable by jail time according to https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/types-of-crime/shoplifting-stealing-fraud-and-burglary/) AND CALLING ROBBIE DEANS' COACHING ENVIRONMENT "TOXIC" IS IN NO WAY AS BAD AS WHAT BEALE HAS DONE. APPARENTLY.

Is no coincidence that the people holding these views the strongest have a QLD badge on their profile; the same ones who accused NSW fans of making it a state thing early on with no actual evidence.

At least Braveheart understands what I'm getting at. Though he's probably been dismissed as a NSW supporter and ardent admirer of Beale's already.

My point is, for those too busy ranting to notice, is that this is going to be bigger than the Beale v Patston incident in itself. It goes far deeper into how this mess happened so soon after the Dublin incident brought reviews that were supposed to sort this shit out.

We've now got players publicly supporting Beale over this incident, so clearly the gravity of it hasn't reached them either.

When AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is in camp with Link, and make these kinds of statements, how is that going to go down?

Don't fucking jump in with your "NSW ARE THE PROBLEM!" crap either. There is an element of that, but I'm open minded enough to see where Dave Beat is going to a degree: they stand by their mate publicly until the judgement comes down. Then we see what happens to their opinion as instructed by the ARU.

Do you want them to publicly disown him, and then we find him dead in a scummy hotel room somewhere? Just because Beale did something stupid doesn't mean he deserves to be harassed as well like he's the fucking Antichrist. If you think that, fuck off back to the dark ages. Unless you're already in Logan, in which case carry on.

I'm using this situation as an example of how things went down and what the policy makers and legal eagles are going to be looking at. If you're too fucking thick to see that, I can no longer help you.

But try to think past what happens at Beale's hearing, because if it happens again it might be one of QLD's favourite sons on the chopping block.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
cant understand this. There's sticking by your mates and there7s......

"So you 7 don't WANT to play for the All Blacks any more? Just because one of your mates on the bench texted a dick pic to Darren Shand and its his dozenth offence and he's now in the shit? Umm, OK then..."

Bags packed, off they go, replaced overnight.

Cue lifetime of ignominy.

Public pariahs.

Keith Murdoch, outback, and so on and so forth

T

Train Without a Station

Pfitzy, Quade basically had 2 indiscretions, the second of which whilst destabilising, is not something he could be terminated for. He paid for that in non-selection. Then he learned. Improved as a player and a person.

Beale has been in trouble for numerous offences, with alcohol and not learning being a common denominator. Already on his last warning this then happened.

T

Train Without a Station

Also let's not forget since Deans initially and subsequently Link gave Quade a little faith, he's been the utmost professional in his preparation.

In that same time we've had fat Beale, fit Beale, fat Beale, fit again Beale.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
My daughter will be 7 on Saturday, and while she does dancing now, I'm considering getting her into karate next.

Judo FTW Pfitzy!

You look at the playing group that Australian rugby has saddled itself with at the top levels, and you're left thinking "which of these guys loves the jersey enough to actually play for nothing? To just represent their country?"

Its the only way you're going to find a team that believes the game is bigger than them.

Even though the Honey Badger has left for Japan to get the finances together to support his family (totally understandable IMHO) I'd say blokes like him are the ones I want playing for Australia. I'd love a team & reserve bench full of Honey Badgers.

Anyone want a choc top?

Definitely. Coffee or Boysenberry, that is the question. Given how long this thread is going to go I'll probably go the caffeine hit.

I've just read the article in the Courier Mail -- fuck me dead. Please tell me the players aren't really going to demand that KB (Kurtley Beale) stays in the squad. If they get their way and he does, then I'm done supporting the Wallabies for a long time to come, because if that's the ethos of our representative team I want no part of it.

Not sure how true it is Hornet but I'll be discontinuing my support too if there is any base to it. Right now I'm torn. I don't want the Wallabies to lose or get flogged because I simply don't want any more pressure on Link whom I think has copped plenty of shit this week. On the other hand there is a part of me that wants to see the Wallabies bashed from pillar to post. I think that's far more required than a friggin "honesty session" (cue the guitars & camp fires). Yeah, yeah, not supporting the Wallabies, unaustralian, you should get behind your team & all that Jazz. That's just how it is.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Pulver has released a statement saying ARU has not approached other coaches and that McKenzie is contracted to lead the team to the world cup

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't see how they could see that either....

err, there blokes are rugby players.
they have below-average education and probably, intelligence.
don't expect a cure for the common cold, or Sydney traffic, or brown rust in wheat, or .... from this lot.

T

Tip

I highly doubt any player would be dumb enough to give up a world cup birth because their mate fucked up. I call bullshit on that comment.

I would hope no Wallabies player is dumb enough to give up a world cup birth, however these are the same players that are standing by their mate Kurtley "I just do stupid things for no reason" Beale

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Pulver has released a statement saying ARU has not approached other coaches and that McKenzie is contracted to lead the team to the world cup

Oh no, the moment a CEO expresses such confidence in a coach, it normally means just one thing.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Also let's not forget since Deans initially and subsequently Link gave Quade a little faith, he's been the utmost professional in his preparation.

In that same time we've had fat Beale, fit Beale, fat Beale, fit again Beale.
No I disagree,the defining moment for QC (Quade Cooper) I reckon was watching the boys in yellow play without him.
Once he realised he had lost something that was important to him,he grew up.
KB (Kurtley Beale) has yet to be put in the naughty corner.
I reckon the team room in team wallaby ought to be hexagonal,so they have enough naughty corners.

domo

Stan Wickham (3)
While you're at it, should we blame the entire Waratahs set-up for this whole fiasco?

While i don't agree with everything tip has said, let's call a spade a spade. It's a waratahs player at the centre of this, it's a waratahs captain who has come out and undermined the coach and the ARU at precisely the wrong time, it's waratahs players who have been fervently leaking to newspapers, creating the shitstorm that this has become, and its more waratahs players who are threatening to walk if Kurtley gets the sack. Before I heard about this, i would have thought that anyone publicly defending actions like this would be shown the door. I am in a state of constant bewilderment.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Everyone needs to remember that the ARU don't really need to sack or even suspend KB (Kurtley Beale). He is off contract in a matter of weeks and thus ceases to be an ARU employee as a matter of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.